ELF makeup - Overrated?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchase from elf all the time and own A LOT of their products. I haven't had a chance to try more than about 10% of what I've purchased so far and so far, nothing has disappointed me.  So I guess, I, too am part of the minority. I own a lot of high end brands that can easily be duped by elf products.  Some of the elf products are better than the product that elf is duping. I'm very happy with my purchases and have over 100 pcs, more like 200 pcs of elf products that I haven't gotten around to trying. I find something I like and I stick with it for a bit and then finally move onto trying something else, but it does take some time to move onto that next product.  Once I do move on, it seems that I like that next product just the same as the last product tried! LOL I'll get through it eventually. I really like the studio line. It's my fav with the brushes and with the products.  I really like the $1 line brushes, too. And I, for one, enjoy the daily brush cleanser for spot cleaning. I love the smell and how clean my brushes get inbetween washings. I can't think of anything I don't like. Someone mentioned the eyelash curler and that is a must have! Another must have is the studio line powder brush and blush brush. In the essential line, I really like the eye shadow brush and the blending brush.  The other brushes, I haven't gotten around to trying out yet, but I own almost all the brushes from all the lines.  Needless to say, I have a lot to try out still, but thus far, I'm loving the brand! Thanks ELF!

I second the ELF eyelash curler!  I have to be careful with it because believe it or not, it curls my lashes toooooo much and I wind up with lashes touching my browbone 
biggrin.gif

The Studio Powder Brush is awsome! I`ve got three, and they are all of great quality. Also, some of their e/s quads are lovely. I`m thinking of Brownstone and Day2Night. The mineral eyeshadow primer performs better than my UDPP
rolleyes.gif

There are some great products, but I have also bought less than good products from them. And I always make sure to order only when there is free shipping. That way, I use a minimal amount of money to try some of their stuff.

I recently just started to try their products....not that impressed.  I mean they are better than some products... Some of their eyeshadows (in the 100 palette) are like plastic and won't give me any color at all.

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I second the ELF eyelash curler!  I have to be careful with it because believe it or not, it curls my lashes toooooo much and I wind up with lashes touching my browbone 
biggrin.gif
I've been hearing such good things about this curler.  I'm currently using shu uemura.  Does anyone know if it's as good?

Originally Posted by Leylani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, some of their e/s quads are lovely.

Agreed, their quads are great, I don't know why their larger palettes are so bad : /

I just put in another couple of orders and still have not been disappointed with the products. I love the elf lip lock pencil. It works great for wearing red lipstick. Their mineral eye shadows are so pretty too! I love the daily brush cleaner and setting spray. Still loving ELF!!

I like ELF but some of their shadow palettes are chalky. I have several and love them - some are very pigmented - and for around $5 it's not a big deal if one or two are garbage while the rest are good or great.

I had once bought a mineral foundation from e.l.f. and I was satisfied with the way it looked.  The lip plumper on the other hand was not my favorite-my lips did not look even a touch bigger

I only have one of their $1 eyeshadow brushes and the 100 eyeshadow palette. I'm pretty happy with the brush; it's soft, it holds its shape after washing, and it does what I bought it for (to smudge my shadow/liner around my lash line when doing a smoky eye). I was disappointed with the palette, though. A few of the darker shades are very pretty and highly pigmented, but the other colors have absolutely no color payoff. A lot of them are very difficult to blend and are just poor quality in general. It does get the job done, and the variety of colors is definitely fun and getting me outside my neutral-color box, but I won't be repurchasing. 

I recently got into ELF, and for someone with a closet full of high-end brands, I am beyond impressed with this line.  Makeup set, lipstain (not really a stain, more like a liquid lipstick,) cream eyeliner, even the zit zapper are all awesome!!  I wish I had discovered this line sooner.  I do not have much experience with their shadows, but for $1-$3 I'll try it all.  Very much worth the price!  Can't beat silky $1 gloss.

Originally Posted by BlueSakura /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I only have one of their $1 eyeshadow brushes and the 100 eyeshadow palette. I'm pretty happy with the brush; it's soft, it holds its shape after washing, and it does what I bought it for (to smudge my shadow/liner around my lash line when doing a smoky eye). I was disappointed with the palette, though. A few of the darker shades are very pretty and highly pigmented, but the other colors have absolutely no color payoff. A lot of them are very difficult to blend and are just poor quality in general. It does get the job done, and the variety of colors is definitely fun and getting me outside my neutral-color box, but I won't be repurchasing. 

I have the 100 too and I don't understand how some of those shadows have 0 color

Back