Embarrassing Moments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My embarrassing story occurred while I was in year 9. I was out on the oval with my small group of friends playing soccer (more like kicking the ball to each other) one day at lunch. We were all trying to show off to a group of guys sitting nearby and my crush also just happened to be among them. As the ball got kicked to me, I stopped it with my foot, took a step back and then booted the ball towards my friend. As soon as I did though, I heard a ripping sound. I immediately ran my hand over my bum to search for a rip in my shorts and sure enough there was.  I twisted my body around to get a better look at it; It was a really big rip , going from the bottom of my butt cheek to the end of my shorts. Even worse, it looked as though I wasn't wearing undies because the rip started just a bit below where my knickers' hemline was.  My friends noticed me turning around to look at my bum and they all got really curious what the hell I was doing. Once I told them, they all laughed, but for me it wasn't funny; I had to get off the oval without any of the boys noticing the revealing tear down my ass. I got one of my friends to walk casually over to where we had left our bags and grab mine for me. I kind of let my dufflebag rest on my butt so that it mostly hid the rip and then went to the uniform shop to borrow a skirt. It was really obvious that something had happened to my shorts because year 9 students don't wear skirts, they wear shorts. As I reached my next class the group of boys were standing near by. My crush stepped up and said "What was wrong with your shorts?" I was slightly stunned for a moment but one of his friends said quietly to him, "Dude, she was on her period, you can't ask her that". My crush didn't persist after that and I wish that I had just told them I ripped my pants. Now I'm even more embarrassed that they think I bled through my shorts on a period day. Yikes  :unsure:  

You guys, I've had so many embarrassing moments, I don't even get embarrassed anymore! One time I can think of off the top of my head:

I was 18 and at the mall shopping during a weekday afternoon. It was really slow and hardly any people were around, but a local company was filming a commercial for that mall in the center courtyard. The man (director?) in charge of the commercial was saying to the cameraman that they needed someone coming down the stairs behind their actors, to make the mall look busier, when he saw me (literally the only other person within sight). He called me over and asked if I would be in the background of their commercial. Of course I agreed, I was completely thrilled. All I needed to do was walk down the stairs naturally, holding my shopping bags.

So, I go to the spot they indicate, and when I am given the cue, begin walking. I was so nervous (and am just naturally uncoordinated) and half the tiles on the staircase were notoriously slippery (they had used a combo of high-gloss and semi-matte floor tiling) that like an idiot, I lost my footing, and butt-bumped down about five stairs. The whole crew was just dead silent, and the actors turned to stare at me. You could have heard a pin drop in that mall. Finally, the director asked me if I was okay, and I laughed it off, and we all tried it again but I was so humiliated.

BONUS: When I saw the commercial on TV in the next month or so, the background was so blurry that I was just a featureless person coming down the stairs. I should have just told them no, because I didn't achieve the imminent fame I was expecting, and could have saved myself the humiliation! :lol:

I was a senior in high school and I was leaving school at lunch, so the parking lot was full of people. I had wedges on and long jeans, I had just got a new phone and I tripped on my pants and my phone went flying. I basically dove for it in the middle of the parking lot where people were in line to leave the campus. I'm sure I looked like a complete fool. To this day I can't believe I dove for a stupid phone! :blush:

Back