Embarrassing Moments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Friday I took Makayla to Great American Bagel for lunch (a once in a while treat after pre-school). This very obese woman walks into the place and goes over to the Pop Fridge. Makayla sees her and starts pulling on my shirt, "Mommy, mommy, mommy" I *have a feeling* I know what she's going to say, so I keep telling her to wait just a minute. So after about a minute of waiting, Makayla grabs my shirt again and says, Loudly "My GOD, mommy, that lady is fat!" I just about died. I looked at Makayla and said, "We don't talk about people like that." at which point she lowered her voice to a loud whisper and said, "My God mommy, that lady is fat!" I just grabbed her hand and my order and ran out the door.

Then today, I took her to the doctor because she has a urinary tract infection. So, while we're at the store getting her prescription, she's walking around telling everyone that she has a "pain in her vagina" and the doctor said it was a "urine confection".

*sigh*

Kids. I don't need to embarass myself anymore because Makayla does it for me. LOL

One time many, many moons ago, I was working in a Real Estate Lawyer's office and one of the other Eviction Clerks was out sick...so I was super swamped with all of these files. I kept forgetting stuff that day...I had my hair pulled up into a "ratty bun" and each time I would use a pen or pencil, I would stick it in my hair so I wouldn't misplace it...but I kept forgetting where I put them and get another one. By the time I left work, I had about 15 pens/pencils in my hair sticking out in all directions. I was walking to the train with some friend/co-workers who were just laughing it up. I finally figured out what they were laughing about (and others were staring at) when I walked past a store window and saw the pens/pencils. The worst part about it all was that the one guy I had the hots for saw me and died laughing. The next time he met my friends and I at the club, he brought me some pens and pencils.

These are hilarious.

I was on vacation in mexico and was at this tourist jungle place and there were these two bathrooms with a HUGE lineup of people so finally it was my turn and I got the shitty bathroom as always that the door did not have a lock and if I didn't hold it closed, it would just swing open. So it was challenging going to the bathroom while holding the door with one hand but I did it and I got up with my panties still down and ooooooooooops I let go of the door and the damn thing swung open and there was a crowd of guys around my age and other people who saw me and I when I got out they crowd of guys were chuckling and kept staring at me. ugh.

Originally Posted by VenusGoddess she's walking around telling everyone that she has a "pain in her vagina" and the doctor said it was a "urine confection".

That's cute.LOL. She sounds like me.

Originally Posted by glamslam Ok, this is nothing compared to some of y'alls! But...one time at work, I was talking to a male client about candy, and I said "Reeses penis" instead of Reese's Pieces. I was so stunned, I kept talking as if nothing had happened, which made it a lot worse, a lot more awkward. I should have just laughed about it.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh, another one. This one isn't funny...One time when my daughter was around 2, we were at Wal-Mart, standing in line to return something. Behind us was a woman who had a very noticeable birthmark or something on her face, it was dark blue splotches. My daughter pointed right at the lady and very loudly said "Look! Blue's Clues! A clue, a clue!!" (Some of you may not know that Blue's Clues is a children's show where they look for clues which are marked by blue paw prints) I couldn't get her to stop, and since we were standing in line, I couldn't just get away from this poor woman. I turned around and mumbled an apology to her and just kept trying to get my daughter to stop. It was the most awful thing ever. Kids...
icon_frown.gif

LMAO!!! Too funny!!! Too cute at the same time!!!

These are such hilarious stories!!! I'll have to remember some ~ Lord knows I've embarrassed myself a million times or more!!!

I've had so many truly Embarrassing Moments in my life

It would take days to list them. Literally Hundreds.

I'll try to pare some of them down.....

*When I was 17, my first day at a new high school, I had on a

really pretty dress and fresh-looking makeup and I looked like

a young Stevie Nicks. At the bottom of a two-tiered concrete

staircase was the captain of the basketball team ( I always have had a weakness for tall guys.....) and b/c I was looking at how cute he was, I tripped and went a** over teakettle

really hard, like Jennifer did, down two flights of concrete stairs. My

dress was torn to shreds, I was bleeding and hurt...and everybody just

laughed. No one helped me. Finally, the school nurse came out and

took me directly to the principles' office, who was a nice lady and said ...

OMG your beautiful dress!.....I did not go to my class reunion b/c this

incident embarrassed me so much*

*Three years ago I agreed to meet a friend of mine in Fairfield, California

at Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theatre. We always meet there b/c the parking lot is huge and we just like the place. Last time, however, my friend showed up so drunk and high on Vicodin or whatever that I did not know what to do. I had never seen her like this. She was falling down drunk. As we entered the place, we were greeted by an obviously shocked teen host. My friend pointed to the large stuffed Animitron Mice and other Animals on stage that were playing a song and Yelled out "We're with the Band....!"

*Almost getting arrested in 1983 for attempting to climb The Golden Gate Bridge at midnight with a group of people called the Dare Club*

*Having inflammatory pictures of myself and another guy show up on my boss's desk and him calling me up to his office and saying Do you really think a Woman Like You should be doing Things Like This? We weren't doing anything in the photo, it was just an attempt at a power play of intimidation by my boss..still though, kinda embarrassing as I'm really private*

*Pulling a Nancy Drew during intercourse and being called on it...won't do that one again....LOL*

Those are just a few.

I've got too many to post.

Tons of weird, funny s**t happens to me on a daily basis; but I'm easily amused.
party.gif
headphonedance.gif

Originally Posted by Elisabeth .............*Pulling a Nancy Drew during intercourse and being called on it...won't do that one again....LOL*........... Do I dare ask, what does that mean (a Nancy Drew?)?

haha i'm bad for bloopers.. I thought i locked myself out of the car once, called daddy to bring a spare key and then found out i even forgot to lock the door
icon_eek.gif
haha and that happened after a hillariously embarassing parking episode at the movie theater.

Then there was a time i completely missed the ramp at the carwash

(first time) and the guy hade to come out and help me. This was in the NAPA autoparts truck while i was working as a parts deliverer. lol.

I've had a lot of embarrasing episodes, but i don't feel like writing a book right now
smiletongue.gif

My friend and I made a visit to the zoo just before the weekend and when we wanted to go home we found out all the gates were closed --- They locked us in a Zoo!!! LOL!!

We had to climb a really high fence to get out of there...

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa Hehehehe! That reminds me of my second visit with the aforementioned gynecologist. While she had one hand inside me and the other pushing against my ovaries, she goes, "You are so tiny and it's so easy to feel your ovaries. You would make a good candidate for _______. I don't remember what she called it but basically it's a model for gynecologists in training. I guess you lay on a table in a classroom and get examined by numerous men and women.
eek.gif
I'm not really sure that's how it works. That was just the mental image I had in my head while she was telling me this. She said they pay really well. At the time I was so weirded out that I blew it off but I could use some extra cash right now. Hahaahaha! Anyone know what that's called, done it, or know anyone who has? No, I don't have an answer, but that is hysterical.

this happened to me just a few weeks ago. My boyfriend, my male room mate, and I went to the movies to see "V for Vendetta." we usually see movies late sunday night to avoid crowds, so our movie got out super late. I had really needed to use the restroom and was holding it waiting for the movie to end. When it was finally over, we walked to the nearest restroom, and they had blocked off the ladies room to clean it. It was late and everyone from our movie was gone already. I really had to go, so my boyfriend and room mate checked the mens room and told me i could use it and they'd stand outside to keep anyone else from going in. So i did. all was well, and when i left the stall to wash my hands my boyfriend came in to wash his hands free of popcorn grease. we left the mens room together having done nothing wrong, but in the lobby was my room mate laughing hysterically while another late movie had just gotten out and everyone was staring at us.

Originally Posted by Nicolet Lisa, you are so funny! Ok, I just cut and paste it. Here goes...
When I worked in downtown San Francisco, I had my hair up in a huge bun, dressed in a business suit, waiting nicely for my sandwich at the pickup window outside a deli when WHAM something slammed the back of my head. Damn pigeon crapped right in my bun!! It was like a fried egg baking in the sun! I ran into the nearest Beauty Supply store (of course), and the sweet gay guy who worked there helped me blot my head with paper towels, and he said, "Honey, this is karma. You must've hurt a lot of men in your lifetime!" I called my work, said I was sick and took the next bus home. Shower never felt so good.

Unfortunately, I have had a lot of embarrassing moments in my life. Of course, I can laugh at them now! Here's another I can remember....

I was 15 years old (this is way back, and I'm still traumatized), working at a Record Store (remember those). My friend and I were working the cash registers alongside one another, when all of a sudden all the guys in her line moved over to my line. My line was out the door! She was like "What's going on?" Then she looked over at me, her eyes bugged and she screamed,"Your boobs hanging out!" I was wearing a tank, like a wife beater, with a blazer over it (very 80's) and no bra! My tank had slid over and my breast was staring at everyone! Apparently, I had been exposed for quite some time (ok, that was my Tara Reid moment). My friend shrieked, peed in her pants (that's her embarrassing moment) and dove into the employee bathroom behind us. I quickly followed her and locked the door. We refused to come out until everyone left. Our bosses, one had a mohawk and the other was a large black man with gold teeth, were hysterical and allowed us to stay in there til closing.

icon_redface.gif

Oh my God that is one of the best stories I have ever heard.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa We all have them. Please, feel free to share yours so I can possibly feel better about mine.
I'll start with this one which happened on my first visit to my current gynecologist.

While feeling up my breast (examining, whatever) she goes, "Ohh, so you're one of those naughty girls?" My face went...
icon_eek.gif
...and then turned to...
icon_biggrin.gif
...at which point I said in a sexy voice, "Yeah, how'd you know?" She stopped smiling and her face turned blank. It was at that moment that I realized that she meant "knotty" because I have fibrocystic breasts, not "naughty"!
icon_redface.gif

Okay, over to you! Let's hear your stories.

lmao!

This did not happen to me, but to someone I worked with................

She was at the hospital in a room with one of those "Johnnies" on and it was too small. She was at least 150 lbs. overweight and had to keep re-adjusting the Johnnie because it was so damned small. In the mean time, a nurse came in and ask her to step on the scale. She step off the gurney, walked over to the scale and slipped and fell, the johnnie flew open and she let out a HUGE FART! She was so embarrassed and even today when she re-tells the story she turns red. She is a super person and very funny. It's bad enough to fall, but to fart too would have made me want to crawl under the gurney.

Originally Posted by kwitter Do I dare ask, what does that mean (a Nancy Drew?)? Kelly,*pulling a Nancy Drew* means, um, faking something in order to get

your partner to stop. In my case it was b/c I was so tired and knew

it was not going to happen. It was the only time in my life I had ever

tried to fake it and I guess I wasn't that good at it b/c I got called

on it...and then he wanted to TALK ABOUT IT.
sadno.gif
doze.gif
icon_redface.gif

I felt like crawling into a hole and didn't want to talk about anything.!

First and last time I was not honest in that type of situation.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa We all have them. Please, feel free to share yours so I can possibly feel better about mine.
I'll start with this one which happened on my first visit to my current gynecologist.

While feeling up my breast (examining, whatever) she goes, "Ohh, so you're one of those naughty girls?" My face went...
icon_eek.gif
...and then turned to...
icon_biggrin.gif
...at which point I said in a sexy voice, "Yeah, how'd you know?" She stopped smiling and her face turned blank. It was at that moment that I realized that she meant "knotty" because I have fibrocystic breasts, not "naughty"!
icon_redface.gif

Okay, over to you! Let's hear your stories.

hahaha ... u r so funni Lisa great idea for a thread

Originally Posted by Leony My most embarrassing moment was when I'm sixteen years old. It was on a dance contest.I ripped my pants dance costumes accidentally when I'm doing the split part.

I was soo embarrassed because I could hear the "crack!" sound when it happened lol.

But, it was worth it, I won the contest hahah.

lol .. anything to win that dance .. rite Leony .... jk ...

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa Hehehehe! That reminds me of my second visit with the aforementioned gynecologist. While she had one hand inside me and the other pushing against my ovaries, she goes, "You are so tiny and it's so easy to feel your ovaries. You would make a good candidate for _______. I don't remember what she called it but basically it's a model for gynecologists in training. I guess you lay on a table in a classroom and get examined by numerous men and women.
eek.gif
I'm not really sure that's how it works. That was just the mental image I had in my head while she was telling me this. She said they pay really well. At the time I was so weirded out that I blew it off but I could use some extra cash right now. Hahaahaha! Anyone know what that's called, done it, or know anyone who has? omg !! .. that's a scary thought

I have a couple little ones...

*When I was 8 or 9, I was at my nanna's and was all dressed up for no reason, in a little ruffled blouse and shorts and playing in the yard, when a squirrel diarrhea'd all over my head and shirt! I remember crying and my grandma taking me inside and getting me in the tub and my sisters laughing.

*Those wave pools are vicious. One summer I wore a new suit, with one of those tie-front bikini tops, and it got pushed down and my boobs were hanging out and I didn't even realize, so I'm still jumping with the waves and laughing! My friend looked over and was like, "Your top is down!" So embarrassing.

*Last winter, the ice on the sidewalks was really bad, the black ice kind, and I was walking on the sidewalk by the school, at lunch with EVERYONE outside, and I went and slipped right on my butt, and everyone just stared and people by me were like "Are you okay? That looked awful." At least my pants didn't rip.

*Oh, the kicker for mu stories. In jr. high, I used this Clinique concealer that I thought was awesome, until my sister talked to this boy in my class, and I got brought up somehow, and he asked "Why does she have all that fry sauce stuff her face?" For those not living in Utah or Idaho, fry sauce is an orange colored sauce made from ketchup and mayo (sounds gross, but is oddly good) for dipping fries in. I was so embarrassed and threw that crappo concealer out straight away.

Originally Posted by anne7 *Oh, the kicker for mu stories. In jr. high, I used this Clinique concealer that I thought was awesome, until my sister talked to this boy in my class, and I got brought up somehow, and he asked "Why does she have all that fry sauce stuff her face?" For those not living in Utah or Idaho, fry sauce is an orange colored sauce made from ketchup and mayo (sounds gross, but is oddly good) for dipping fries in. I was so embarrassed and threw that crappo concealer out straight away. I like fry sauce too , it's soo good , but i would never find out that it's called like that in USA ... Funny story, btw
Embarassing moments... Hmm i have a lot, last year was full of embarassing moments:

1. After a crappy paper presentation i started to cry like hell, i was sooo ashamed... I cry a lot when i'm ashamed or angry
tongue.gif

2. I stood up in front of a class in Sao Paulo (not my city), in front of a bunch of people from whole country and started to talk about the difference between paint colors and light colors ... It was a crazy thing i done, but i got applauded by that;

Now i don't remember any others , but i'm sure i have plenty of them

Back