Eureca #2!!! Another mineral discovery!!! :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice tip! it looks soooooooo great on you! glad it works
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AprilRayne Thais, you should post this on the EDM blog! If you haven't been there lately, there's a spot now to put your experiments and custom creations!! Also, your testimonial is now on the site!! I read it yesterday, so cute!! I am so going to try this!! I've been spraying my Mario Badescu herb, aloe and rosewater spray afterward to set, but I never thought of mixing them!! I have heard of people mixing moisturizer with the minerals to make a liquid foundation, so that might work too!! Thais, you're brilliant!! I just saw my testimonial there. LOL. Funny. I will certainly post this in theoir website.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Nessicle Looking gorgeous as always Thais!! I love your experiment results! LOL It is funny cause I like to do my experiments after I come from the gym, cause I know I am gonna shower anyways and if it looks horrible i can wash it all off. LOL. I am the mineral make up mad scientist. LOL

So I tried it with plain water today, and it looks really good! It covered better and looked smoother and more seamless. I put it on in the morning, went to work, came home, and it almost looks better now. Thanks again for the tip, Thais! I'll post my FOTD in a bit, and edit in the link here so you can see.

Edit: The FOTD is up, and it's post #53.

"FOTD: Aug 3rd/06"

Originally Posted by mehrunissa So I tried it with plain water today, and it looks really good! It covered better and looked smoother and more seamless. I put it on in the morning, went to work, came home, and it almost looks better now. Thanks again for the tip, Thais! I'll post my FOTD in a bit, and edit in the link here so you can see.
Edit: The FOTD is up, and it's post #53.

"FOTD: Aug 3rd/06"

Cool!!! I checked your FOTD and you look so radiant!

Originally Posted by Thais Cool!!! I checked your FOTD and you look so radiant! Thanks!

I used this technique again today, I am at work now and the foundation is still perfect, it looks just like it did this morning when I left the house.
smile.gif
YAY

My next step will be to do that with blush too.
smile.gif

I can't wait to get my EDM samples so I can use my Fix+ with them. The only reason I don't use this technique with my BE is that it makes my face itch big-time.
scared.gif

Thais, so glad it's working for you!
smile.gif

Mehrunissa, you look lovely and radiant in your FOTD!
wink.gif

Wow... I just spritzed my brush with Fix+ before applying my Everyday Minerals... WOW! Gave me the best finish! Thanks so much for the great tip!
add_twinkle.gif

Joy

Originally Posted by runtagua Wow... I just spritzed my brush with Fix+ before applying my Everyday Minerals... WOW! Gave me the best finish! Thanks so much for the great tip!
add_twinkle.gif

Joy

YAY I am glad you liked it!!!!! I did it today with thermal water and I love it so much, I will buy Fix+ next weekend when I go to MInneapolis, cant wait!

Originally Posted by Thais YAY I am glad you liked it!!!!! I did it today with thermal water and I love it so much, I will buy Fix+ next weekend when I go to MInneapolis, cant wait! How do yo do it so it doesn't get muddy? I tried it yesterday and I liked it but I saw I had little patches dark patches from the foundation.

Originally Posted by bluebird26 How do yo do it so it doesn't get muddy? I tried it yesterday and I liked it but I saw I had little patches dark patches from the foundation. You probably need to blend it a bit better....

Hey Thais,

Great tip! When my sample comes, I'll pick up some Evian water to see what results I get. I'm also going to try spritzing the fix+ on the brush too!

Originally Posted by Thais You probably need to blend it a bit better.... I did blend a lot, poor brush lol, I am thinking I could have put too much liquid on the brush? I sprayed 2X on the brush.
kopfkratz.gif

Originally Posted by bluebird26 How do yo do it so it doesn't get muddy? I tried it yesterday and I liked it but I saw I had little patches dark patches from the foundation. This is how I did it, and it worked well:
1. swirl brush in EM foundation

2. buff a light layer onto face

3. remember I read a great tip about spraying the brush on MakeupTalk

4. spray brush with Fix+ because I had it handy

5. buff into face

6. admire finish

7. spray brush again

8. buff some more

9. admire again

10. post here about what a great tip it is.

laughing.gif

Originally Posted by runtagua This is how I did it, and it worked well:

5. buff into face

6. admire finish

7. spray brush again

8. buff some more

9. admire again

laughing.gif

Oh-Ohh-OHhhhhhhh! LOL
biggrin.gif
I sprayed it before swirling the brush in the EM foundation.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
No wonder. I try again! Thank you!
keule.gif

Originally Posted by bluebird26 Oh-Ohh-OHhhhhhhh! LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
keule.gif
Doh!
LMAO

Originally Posted by Thais I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited!!!! Today I posted a thread about using Fix+ with mineral foundation ( https://forum.makeuptalk.com/sho...Fix%2B%3F.html ), and periwinkle_sky told me she spritz Fix+ on her kabuki prior to applying her foundation. SOOOOOOO, today, after I came back from the gym, I made an experiment... I used my Avene Thermal Water (that I never use by the way) and spritz my Kabuki 3 times... Then swirled the brush on the foundation and applied it... And all I can say is... OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!The result was absolutely fantastic!!!!! It became a liquid foundation, with great coverage, and my pores almost disappeared!!!!!! I was shocked!

I have to say that I had not applied a primer, nothing, I just came back from the gym and tried the foundation, so I guess it will look even better when I use my primer and everything!!!

YAY I am super excited and will try this again tomorrow!

Here's a pic of my Avene Thermal Water: Attachment 23039

And here's a pic of me after applying the foundation only (no primer, nothing, just foundation... And excuse my funny eyebrows, I had just come home from the gym LOL): Attachment 23040Attachment 23041

And finally, here are the pics of the foundation, with a bit of mineral veil (dry) on top and a touch of EDM's Girls Day blush on my cheeks:

Attachment 23042Attachment 23043Attachment 23044

I used EDM medium beige summer matte for this. I dont know if it has the same staying power, but I will use it tomorrow to go to work and let you girls know.

You HAVE to try this!!! LOL. And looks like I will be getting myself some Fix+ soon since just water made it look so nice. LOL

EDIT: Just FYI: I spritz the water 3 times on the brush, then got some powder (which became liquid), applied on half of my face, spritz the brush 3 times again, got more foundation and did the other half of my face).

DO YOU HAVE To use some "special" water or will regular bottled water work okay?? I see you have some Avene thermal water and wondered what is special about this type??
Thanks so much, CarolAZ

Originally Posted by CarolAZ DO YOU HAVE To use some "special" water or will regular bottled water work okay?? I see you have some Avene thermal water and wondered what is special about this type??
Thanks so much, CarolAZ

Regular water in a spritzer bottle would work perfectly!

Originally Posted by bluebird26 I did blend a lot, poor brush lol, I am thinking I could have put too much liquid on the brush? I sprayed 2X on the brush.
kopfkratz.gif
It is a posibility, it is hard to say without seeing it... I guess you can always try again unyil you get to the perfect application.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by runtagua This is how I did it, and it worked well:

5. buff into face

6. admire finish

7. spray brush again

8. buff some more

9. admire again

laughing.gif

Hahahaha I am glad you liked it too! LOL

Originally Posted by bluebird26 Oh-Ohh-OHhhhhhhh! LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
keule.gif
You can actually do it any way you want.This is what I did:

1) Apply concealer on a couple of blemishes

2) Put the same amount of powder on the lid that I would use for half my face with a normal application.

3) Spray my kabuki with the thermal water 3 times from a 4-5 cm distance

4) swirl the wet brush on the lid , making the mineral podwer liquid/pasty

5) buff it on my face (half my face) until completely blended

6) repeat the same process on the other side of my face

7) Apply mineral veil

smile.gif

Originally Posted by CarolAZ DO YOU HAVE To use some "special" water or will regular bottled water work okay?? I see you have some Avene thermal water and wondered what is special about this type??
Thanks so much, CarolAZ

You can use any water!! The reason why I used my Avene thermal water is because I dont use it for anything else. LOL. And also because it is convenient to use its light spray, it's like a myst.

Back