FabFitFun VIP Fall 2014 *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay, great spoiler! This will be my first fabfitfun box and I am loving the spoilers.

I'm so back and forth on this one, those aprons (especially the pink with gold dots) are too cute!!  I'm just wondering if I should hold out a little longer for a better code or not?!

Britty, I doubt it will sell out right away. If money is really tight hold out. They put 15$ codes in last months boxes for friends to use. I will probably cancel after this box and then resub for the next one with a code. Unless someone uses my code and i get something off. No one used my code so I paid full price and I don't want to do that again. I stayed subbed this time cause I didn't feel like canceling. If you really really like the box and would have bought those items anyway get it or get it if you would devastated that it sold out.

Do people use codes all the time or are they for first time subbers only?? Anyone know?

Britty, I doubt it will sell out right away. If money is really tight hold out. They put 15$ codes in last months boxes for friends to use. I will probably cancel after this box and then resub for the next one with a code. Unless someone uses my code and i get something off. No one used my code so I paid full price and I don't want to do that again. I stayed subbed this time cause I didn't feel like canceling. If you really really like the box and would have bought those items anyway get it or get it if you would devastated that it sold out.

Do people use codes all the time or are they for first time subbers only?? Anyone know?
Great, I was wondering if the $15 code was a one time thing or they did it regularly.  Money isn't tight, but I like to save where I can!  I wouldn't be too upset if it sold out, so I can hold off a little bit.  Thanks for the heads up! :lol:

I unsubscribe after every box ships so I don't forget to check spoilers for the next quarter and get billed without wanting the box. This is the ONLY sub I do this with and it's only because FFF is so " iffy" for me, personally, for the cost. I really have to weigh the spoilers against what I need and use. I will never use the spoiler item because I don't prepare meals.. it's cute and my mother might love it. IDK. A new bride would probably really like it as a little " fun" gift too. 

FFF is the ONLY box  which I think needs a discount coupon applied each time to be worth the cost for me, personally.. Other people may not feel  that way but to me, it's a Wal- Mart version of a Neiman- Marcus product, the PopSugar MustHave box being the gold standard. PSMH  is my all time favorite USA-based sub. that incorporates lifestyle and home items with beauty items. 

BTW, the code tryfff ( Not a referral code) gave me $10 off and my box total is $39.99. The last thing I wanted was another of those inferior fruit infusion bottles. SMH.

Last edited by a moderator:
That $10 def sounds better than the water bottle! Omg I'm so so so excited. I just got an email from them saying that they charged me accidentally and that I DID get a free box!!! They are refunding me today. What a blessing especially since I leave for vacation this week and $50 will be great to have in my pocket! I don't know if they always do the coupons for friends in every box. Summer was my first one.

I got the spring box. Didn't bother to cancel because my card was canceled through my bank.

The summer box couldn't get charged; I just kept getting emails to pay for the box. Nope.

Well, this morning I woke up to a charge from recurly. Um, what? It was for the FFF fall box. I never updated my credit card information. Yup, my old credit card is inactive.

I have no idea how they got my new credit card information, but this is unacceptable. I am so mad. I was thinking about subscribing for fall, but then they go and do this. I am not happy at all.

So super shady. I did check my bank and they managed to charge me. Seriously unacceptable.

They charged me for a fall box today even though I had emailed (during the summer) to confirm that I was getting a free box thanks to the three people who used my code. Obviously I was annoyed and I sent out an email early this morning asking them to resolve this immediately.  

Thankfully a CS rep replied around noon and voided the charge so I'm hoping that I'll see the refund in the next couple of days. But still... SMH. 

I got the spring box. Didn't bother to cancel because my card was canceled through my bank.

The summer box couldn't get charged; I just kept getting emails to pay for the box. Nope.

Well, this morning I woke up to a charge from recurly. Um, what? It was for the FFF fall box. I never updated my credit card information. Yup, my old credit card is inactive.

I have no idea how they got my new credit card information, but this is unacceptable. I am so mad. I was thinking about subscribing for fall, but then they go and do this. I am not happy at all.

So super shady. I did check my bank and they managed to charge me. Seriously unacceptable.
This came up in a different thread, banks allowing charges to go through despite the card being cancelled/expired. I personally agree that it's shady as all heck but I'm sure the banks (think) they have a legitimate reason for allowing this to happen and as we have all learned in the past few years, they know best :rolleyes:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/133733-how-do-you-pay-for-your-subs/?p=2265429

I have always just used my regular credit card, but want to figure out something else. Last week I was charged for a full year of Love With Food. I hadn't got a notification, but I like them, so I wasn't upset about resubbing. What upset me is that they charged a card that was compromised in August of last year. The issuer sent out a new card with a new number, but for some reason I didn't get it for months so I never activated it and didn't use it.

I have discovered over the past year that some companies, (so far it has been AAA, Love With Food and Disney) pay the credit card companies to be able to charge your new card number even if it is never given to them. They say it is a courtesy, but it has made me quite angry all three times. I cancelled the credit card altogether today as I decided not to even keep it as an emergency back up card.

I also saw in the comments on MSA that lots of people who should be getting discounted or free boxes from referrals were charged the full price, so anyone who's expecting a discounted box should double-check their bank accounts. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to the MSA post but it's the one with Spoiler #2/Dermalogica in it.

I came here to see if any of you supersleuths were able to divine anything from the picture with the question marks on it from the "We Want You Back" email.  Looks like there are 11 other items besides the 2 spoiler items.  I'm emailing the pic to my work computer to see if I can see anything else.  I still don't know how to post pics here after the redesign, boooo....

Fingers crossed this works...
Thanks for posting this! Look at FFF, getting so good with not giving anything away in their spoiler pics. They have gone from changing the outline of the items to generic rectangles and removing the reflection of the items too. All thanks I'm sure to the super sleuths on MUT! Haha!

I can't believe there are 11 other items aside from the 2 spoilers we've already gotten. I'll take it! Glad I re-subbed, can't imagine being disappointed in every other item after the 2 good ones we've already seen. If the value is around $200 and the two spoilers (which I assume are the big ticket items) take up $88, I am definitely curious to see what those 11 items are.

Last month I bought the summer box. I thought this was a one time charge since you can switch to yearly or just buy the single box. Well I got an email saying my fall box was being billed. Does this mean I have to cancel my subscription that I never agreed to to begin with? I was on the fence about this box and didn't even get to decide if I wanted to buy this box with a coupon!!

Earlier I got an email letting me decide which pattern of apron I want to receive.  I chose pink with white polka dots as first choice and hot pink with silver dots as second choice. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm jealous. The only e-mail I got from them today was encouraging me to order additional boxes for $39.99.

My email said:

You've Been Chosen!
Personalize your box by Wednesday, 9/17 at 11:59pm!
We've created FabFitFun Select, an exclusive program of perks for our most loyal members. To get things started, the link below is a spoiler for an item coming to you next week (#SpoilerAlert!)
 ​
Personalize your box - choose a color!
As an additional small gesture, your FabFitFun box will be one of the first ones out the door when we start shipping next week. Welcome to Select!

- The FabFitFun Team​

Back