FabFitFun VIP Summer 2014 Box Spoiler

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it's just for curly hair.  I have straightish hair that can frizz during certain seasons, and i like the natural oils as leave-in conditioners since i can just use the excess to rub into my hands in lieu of lotion, no need to wash off.  So, not necessarily for curly hair.  The ingredients are mostly just an oil blend.
My hair is as straight as can be and I find oils make my hair look limp and greasy. But I'm glad some people without curly hair can find some use for it. I know I'll probably use it over the weekend when I can hide in my house for 24 hours if it fails and see if I can make it work somehow because I hate not trying everything in every box I get, even if it is something I would never normally use or need.

I just wish the contents made sense. Or felt summery. Maybe (hopefully) this will all change when I get the box and be pleasantly surprised.

My thoughts...

While there's definitely not a WOW factor, it's not my least favorite of FFF boxes. I actually hated the winter box that most people loved. At least I'll use the higher price items in this box (flash facial, moisturizer & frizz oil), which makes this box worth it to me. I love using exfoliators, use SPF everyday even in the winter and it's been so humid this summer that everyone has frizzy hair here (curly or straight)! I used the MSA 25% code, so I really ended up paying $12.50 for each of those three items, (which I would be willing to pay anyway) and everything else is just extra. I definitely think they sent out a better box for Spring though...

I'm definitely not excited about the clutch, zoya or infuser bottle. I think these things are overdone among all sub boxes currently. Purlisse also falls into that category, but it just so happens I haven't received any yet, so I'm glad to have a matching moisturizer for the Purlisse cleanser FFF sent out last summer. I think FFF could have been better off including else, such as a beach tote or sunglasses or even an after sun lotion or scrub/body wash....Something that screams summer, but hasn't been done yet by other summer boxes this year.

As for the pads, shaving cream & slimfast. Sure I wasn't expecting to receive these in a sub box, but at the same time they amount to a whopping total of less than $5 of the $245 value of the box. I don't think it's worth getting upset about the sponsored items for this reason. Sure I would have preferred other brands like Naturecare pads & ECO shave gel or some other NON-FEMININE  product brand entirely, but those weren't the brands willing to sponsor FFF. I guess I'm just saying that if you like enough items to make the box worth it, the pads aren't really a big deal. Even if you don't use them, donate them to a women's shelter or a foster home. They are always in need of items like pads and shaving cream.

For those who didn't like ANY of the items, hopefully you'll be able to swap or sell most of it. I know as well as anyone that not all boxes are one size fits all. :/

I'm going to try and say something nice about my first and only FFF box.  I love the Zoya!  There.  Something nice.

And one more thing - for those of you who received your box already (like me) - shouldn't there be a hole on top of the item that is supposedly for fitness?  I'm so confused on how to use this.  

Has everyone received shipping notices for this box?  I'm a little concerned because I havent...

I haven't either; it's still saying it's being assembled <_< Just wish it would come so I could put this box behind me. This was my first time trying it and after seeing the contents, I've already canceled.

This was also my first FFF box, but I'm staying subscribed because I feel like they will have to make the next box AMAZING to make up for sending us pads.  EXCELLENT idea to donate to a women's shelter though, that's perfect!!!

I signed up for this box specifically for the Flash Facial product that I had been eyeing ever since I received a sample in another subscription box, but didn't want to pay full price. I'm happy with the box as I received a $95 product for $40 shipped, but I unsubscribed because the rest of the items were kind of a bust (the Zoya is a pretty summery color). The makeup pouch already has a new owner, and I tossed the Kisstixx after trying them. I'll keep an eye on FFF spoilers and would consider resubscribing if a good one comes up.

Finally got my shipping notice. I am also looking forward to trying the Flash Facial. Maybe some of the other items will grow on me too once I have it in hand.

I actually ended up liking this box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I mean, yeah, pantiliners were a big buzzkill but I liked the snack, the kisstixx are yummy and made with beeswax and coconut oil (LOVE that combo), the Zoya color is beautiful and of course, the whole reason I got the box was the Flash Facial.  That stuff is magic.

The bag I got was hideous but I'm sure someone will like it so I can swap or ebay it.

Otherwise, I paid $39.99 for the Flash Facial and got a crapton for free items along with it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was kinda bummed til I actually had the box in my hands.

I'm finding that my nieces really love these boxes! They are 10 and 7 years old lol. Makes gift shopping really easy. I just ask them to pick what they like and I keep or trade the rest.

After a couple of emails and a phone call, I got a VM today saying they were sending my boxes out today - but STILL no tracking number. Sigh.

Received my box today and the clutch and Zoya nail polish were missing.  Not sure how sturdy the infuser is but I am anxious to try it out.   I called customer service and they assured me they would send out the missing items within 7-10 days.  

Received my box today and the clutch and Zoya nail polish were missing. Not sure how sturdy the infuser is but I am anxious to try it out. I called customer service and they assured me they would send out the missing items within 7-10 days.
Not to be a downer or make you worry but every season I have had an item missing from my FFF box. Last time it was the shower bombs, and they gave me the same 7-10 day quote. I had to email them again after 10 days had passed and I still had no replacement. I really hope they can get them out to you as soon as they said, but they have been pretty flakey with me, especially when they are still in the process of sending boxes out.

Not to be a downer or make you worry but every season I have had an item missing from my FFF box. Last time it was the shower bombs, and they gave me the same 7-10 day quote. I had to email them again after 10 days had passed and I still had no replacement. I really hope they can get them out to you as soon as they said, but they have been pretty flakey with me, especially when they are still in the process of sending boxes out.
They'll probably say they have run out of products and will issue me a credit for the missing items.  I get that

a lot when I am missing a product or if something is defective or broken.  I'm sorry that happened to you- did you ever end up getting the shower bombs replaced? 

They'll probably say they have run out of products and will issue me a credit for the missing items.  I get that

a lot when I am missing a product or if something is defective or broken.  I'm sorry that happened to you- did you ever end up getting the shower bombs replaced? 
Yup I did. I have always gotten the missing item, it's just way longer than 7-10 days they tell me it will be. My box should be here Saturday and I am really hoping everything is there. Fingers crossed!

Um. This box is so lame. I liked the very first box they sent out better than this one, and that's not saying much.

The clutch print is awful--grandma floral print that I will never use. That was the one thing I was really excited about.

Yet another Pur Lisse product. Petroleum based lip balms. And drugstore stuff? Come on.

Hair oil, face mask and Zoya are nice. Water bottle is OK, but I agree with other posts they are overdone now.

Good thing I was already planning to cancel to save some $. This is the nail in the coffin for me.

Latest posts

Back