FabFitFun VIP Summer 2014 Box Spoiler

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an email from Thursday Friday today saying that I still had unpurchased items in my cart and offered a 25% off coupon - SHOP25. Still not enough of a deal for me to pull the trigger, but maybe one of you guys can use it?

I am in the last day of my one week trial on the Flash Facial and working on my price post, but I have to say it's quite disappointing but I had a tiny sore on my skin from a bug bite and it BURNED.  So I checked ingredients...  I didn't expect much - the top 3 ingredients?  Water, alcohol and salt.  It's extremely drying to the skin.  I think part of it's great marketing is that when it gets rubbed off, it has the texture of skin so people think it's the skin but it's just the facial stuff.

The next ingredient is carbomer - which is generally acrylic acid.  A big no-no for long term skin use.

The first beneficial ingredient isn't until 5th (sodium PCA) which means it's barely there.  FDA labeling laws require the ingredients are listed in order of how much is in there.

I don't wear makeup everyday, but after the first few days, my skin was so dry I had to add a moisturizer to prevent it from looking like I was post-bad-sunburn with flaking skin all over the place so my test phase is a bit tainted, but I couldn't go on without it.

Honestly, I expected more from something so upscale instead of a buttload of skin irritants.
No matter what it says on the label, i wouldn't use a product like that more than once a week. I use the FF twice a month. I suppose this is a kind of peel, and no way should that be done daily. Nobody needs that much exfoliation. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Even the microdermabrasion products, which are gentler than the FF, say on the label to use them once a week.

I have 'facial night' once a week, and I alternate between the FF and the Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion. That's plenty for me, my skin is clear and smooth, and putting more peels and scrubs on it isn't going to make it any smoother. I use my Clarisonic 3 times a week, and a gentle cleanser any other time I'm washing my face.

Be sure to use a sunscreen on your face while it heals up - you're going to be extra-sensitive to sunlight.

I received an email from Thursday Friday today saying that I still had unpurchased items in my cart and offered a 25% off coupon - SHOP25. Still not enough of a deal for me to pull the trigger, but maybe one of you guys can use it?
Can you use this with the $30 off that came with the box? I tried but couldn't figure it out. If so, I may have to purchase something.... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> although a lot of their stuff isn't my style (or anyone's from what I've been reading lol)

Did anyone get the pink Thurs/Fri bag and notice that the screen printing along the bottom front was way off?

I see on the T/F website that it looks a little off on the top of the bag, but mine is WAY off.

Well, I am glad I decided to check out this thread today!  I had gotten a promo code and received the summer box.  While I do like some of the products, a lot, I was reminded of the ones that I didn't love and realized I had forgotten to cancel!  I will definitely want to see spoilers before re-subbing this box!  Also, if I do re-sup, hopefully there will be a good promo code!  My popchips and slimfast bar were smashed as well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> , so hopefully they will take some notes and do a better job with packaging!  On that note, I did receive a survey from them yesterday...did anybody else get one as well?  Any ideas on what might be in the fall box? 

Well, I am glad I decided to check out this thread today! I had gotten a promo code and received the summer box. While I do like some of the products, a lot, I was reminded of the ones that I didn't love and realized I had forgotten to cancel! I will definitely want to see spoilers before re-subbing this box! Also, if I do re-sup, hopefully there will be a good promo code! My popchips and slimfast bar were smashed as well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> , so hopefully they will take some notes and do a better job with packaging! On that note, I did receive a survey from them yesterday...did anybody else get one as well? Any ideas on what might be in the fall box?
I filled out the survey. It was pretty comprehensive! Hoping for an awesome Fall box, hoping for some fitness items :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I personally use all the items in my Summer box and love them, particularly the facial, hair oil, water infuser, and nail polish.

Ugh I hate when it's not readily apparent how to cancel.  I was going to stay subscribed but I think I'll wait for the fall spoiler.  Can you guys point me in the right direction?

**Never mind, I had to get to the vip page, now I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh I hate when it's not readily apparent how to cancel.  I was going to stay subscribed but I think I'll wait for the fall spoiler.  Can you guys point me in the right direction?

**Never mind, I had to get to the vip page, now I see it.
I never received a confirmation when I cancelled, but a quick e-mail to customer service confirmed that I had indeed cancelled.

The multiple emails from FFF on a daily basis with a $5 off offer for that box are out of control!

I have a hard time coming up with ideas for fall right now because it is so hot! I think maybe some fun Halloween type stuff, maybe some crazy pattern socks (YoSox or Sock it to me type), pumpkin flavored anything, a recipe book with low fat recipes for fall/holiday parties, some sort of hair product for static electricity. I don't know...a good novel, fall candle...

This was my first FFF box, and I was definitely underwhelmed when I got it. But, now that I've had it for a while, I've used most of the products and wanted to hear others' input as well.

The flash facial is really good as an exfoliator. I don't think you need to use it every day, but I use it one to two times a week for my dry skin, and it has improved those pesky dry patches. It can become hard to spread on your face if you're not quick, and I don't like the tiny hole it comes out of the bottle.

The nail Polish is awesome. The color is summery, it applies well, and doesn't chip easily. This is my second week in a row of wearing it because I love it so much.

The bag is just fugly, I'm sorry. I got the one with the pink bag on it, and posted a picture on Instagram. Someone bought it for $10 from me, so that was awesome. It was good quality, just way too cheesy for my taste.

The water bottle is good in theory, but feels cheaply made and is hard to clean. I also hate the "exercise balls" saying on it.

The sunscreen moisturizer works as a sunscreen, but not if you're planning on wearing it under makeup. It does not play well with any foundation, even bb cream. I tried it under bb cream yesterday when I went to the beach, just to see if it'd be better than my foundation because it's lighter, but no. It made everything crease and look gross. So if you're going completely bare faced, then yes, it's awesome.

I found that the hair oil weighed my fine-textured hair down too much, so I've been using it to shave my legs. It does gunk up your razor something terrible, but it gives a really close shave and no need to slather on the moisturizer after.

This was my first FFF box, and I was definitely underwhelmed when I got it. But, now that I've had it for a while, I've used most of the products and wanted to hear others' input as well.

The flash facial is really good as an exfoliator. I don't think you need to use it every day, but I use it one to two times a week for my dry skin, and it has improved those pesky dry patches. It can become hard to spread on your face if you're not quick, and I don't like the tiny hole it comes out of the bottle.

The nail Polish is awesome. The color is summery, it applies well, and doesn't chip easily. This is my second week in a row of wearing it because I love it so much.

The bag is just fugly, I'm sorry. I got the one with the pink bag on it, and posted a picture on Instagram. Someone bought it for $10 from me, so that was awesome. It was good quality, just way too cheesy for my taste.

The water bottle is good in theory, but feels cheaply made and is hard to clean. I also hate the "exercise balls" saying on it.

The sunscreen moisturizer works as a sunscreen, but not if you're planning on wearing it under makeup. It does not play well with any foundation, even bb cream. I tried it under bb cream yesterday when I went to the beach, just to see if it'd be better than my foundation because it's lighter, but no. It made everything crease and look gross. So if you're going completely bare faced, then yes, it's awesome.

The hair oil is just that--oily. I have lots of fine but frizzy hair and this just didn't work without getting my hair greasy. I tried so many days to see if I could nail down exactly how much I needed to use, but it even a drop was too much. Plus, it had a very weird scent. Not a fan.

The chap stick. It tastes good, but I'm not eating it. I'm not a teenager. Not interested. I sometimes put it on before bed, but it doesn't really moisturize enough to warrant regular use.

The chips. Whatever they're chips. Mine weren't broken. That's all I can say.

The sponsored products. Sigh. I understand what they're trying to do, but couldn't they pick more appropriate products for this age group or even season?? Pads in the summer? It's like getting cashmere socks in July. Plus, yuck. Those will be donated. Shaving cream I understand but it's so cheap. I won't use it because I use something much better. The slim fast bar. I used to eat the chocolate ones a long time ago, so I'm familiar with the chemical taste. I have since moved on to eating more natural stuff, but I actually didn't mind the flavor, and it kept me surprisingly full after eating it. So, I guess I might buy it if I were looking for a diet, chemical-bar.

What were other peoples experiences with the products?
pretty much agree on all counts.  the "balls" part especially. 

I really loved that Slimfast bar. The birthday cake flavor was far better than I expected and I'm sad my local stores don't seem to carry it. :/

This box was so extremely disappointing. It was such a letdown that I canceled my multiple subscriptions immediately after receiving the first box. I think that I had a free box or two coming with having had friends subbing and multiple subbing up for more of this box. But the downer of seeing the contents when it arrived was the total turn-off, turned me completely off receiving another box from them.

I realise that I would have had them free, but I would have a hard time anticipating the opening of a future box......that's half the fun of these sub boxes, seeing a few spoilers that make you anticipate getting.... Then awhile later possibly seeing what somebody received in their box when your box is on it's way. Then receiving the actual box and enjoying

It in front of you.

I subbed and received my first box in the Spring and liked it enough to get extra's and gift them to friends. They had Giuliana Rancic connected and somewhere in the interm she left the collaboration. But now that she's she's gone they just gather together a mish-mash of products and stuff them in a box and call it good? I'm out, canceled, it would be pretty hard to tempt me to sign up again.

Back