FabFitFun VIP Summer 2014 Box Spoiler

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this box is even worse in front of me. It arrived with everything squished in the box. The slim fast bar is sqished like a a pancake and went in the trash. The pop chips is flat, crushed. The infuser bottlle is so poorly made it doesn't have a flat bottom and rocks around crazy like. Hair oil made from Sesame oil? Umm, that's strange, and the smell of it is not at all pleasant that I would want to even try it on my hair. The clutch has the pink ugh , purse picture..... The one I prayed that I wouldn't get. The nail polish is a coral color that I will never wear. The lip balms will go to my daughter. The flash facial I really don't care for or want. I may try the purse-lisse, or probably will just sell it , I'm happy with my Clinique moisturizer. This really is a sad thing, especially since I ordered several more of these things with that code they offered. Really feeling bummed with the arrival of this menagerie, and depressed that there are more duplicates on the way :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi ladies!

I know most of you are already aware of this and abide by the rules  but I wanted to post a quick reminder and let anyone who may be new know that it is against MuT Terms of Service to post personal referral codes. I've seen several posted in this thread and the other moderators and I have deleted them.  If you are new, please read our Terms of Service before continuing to post. 

Thanks!!!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just received my box yesterday! Here's my break down:

-Sonia Dakar Flash Facial- Miracle product. I woke up with amazing skin this morning.

-Purlisse SPF 30- Great, albiet boring, product. Definitely something I will use every day.

-Balanced Guru No Frizz Oil- My curly dry hair loves this formula. This and the Flash Facial are probably my favorite products in the box.

-Water Bottle- Gave it to my sister. I already have the Citrus Zinger from PopSugar.

-Thursday Friday mini clutch- blue jeweled pattern. I want to like this, because the construction of the bag is great. It's definitely not my style though. Swap pile!

-KissStix- I received the Chocolate Strawberry combo. This product seemed a little silly to me. Swap pile!

-Zoya polish- The perfect punchy coral. Love!

-POPchips. Delicious. (I ate them as soon as I opened the box!)

-Slim Fast birthday cake bar- Mine was smushed. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-Panty liners? Weird, but okay, I guess?

-Skintimate Shave Gel- Unusable for me. I'm an Eco-Amour kind of girl. I guess I can try to swap it?

Overall, this box is totally worth the $40 I paid for it, just for the Flash Facial, Pur-lisse, and Balanced Guru. I will wait for spoilers before I buy another box from FabFitFun, but I may consider it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got home Saturday to find that I had received two FFF boxes. I checked my bank account and sure enough, I had been charged twice; a week apart. WTH? I saw on their website that there are no returns, but I will be calling them as soon as they open and giving them a piece of my mind if they say that they won't take the second one back. I did NOT order two. Now that I have it, I don't WANT two. Sigh...they better make this right. Grrr...

While I was reading the spoilers and all of your posts about the boxes you were receiving, I was thinking "eh, it's not great, but it'll be OK."   I just opened mine, and the spoilers and descriptions didn't even do justice to the awfulness.

Don't get me wrong, I got it primarily for the Flash Facial, and that and the Purlisse are a great deal for the $44 I paid for the box.  So I certainly got my money's worth, and then some. But they are literally the only things in the box I would use.

I'm just trying to figure out what the target audience is for this thing.  It's like a mix of junior high and high school, with a few things for adult women thrown in. 

I've never traded because I haven't had the time to get into it, but I always figured I'd start someday.  But honestly, I can't imagine anyone even wanting a lot of this stuff.  I hate to throw it out, but I wouldn't even feel right donating some of these things.

Only because Zoya nail polish is in this box, I thought I would post the e-mail that I got.  It isn't free really, but $12 for 3 nail polishes makes it $4 apiece for zoya, which I love.  (No referral codes here)  

[SIZE=18pt]Get ANY 3 Zoya Nail Polish shades FREE*[/SIZE]

Just pay promotional shipping & processing charge of $12.

Offer valid NOW - 7/6/14 (11:59pm EST). 

[SIZE=36pt]Use Code: THREEDOM[/SIZE]

How it works:
1. Add at least three (3) Zoya Nail Polish shades to your shopping cart, along with any additional items you wish to purchase. 

2. Enter Code THREEDOM into the coupon code field in cart and press "Apply Code".

3. Complete check-out, review and submit order.

- See more at: http://blog.zoya.com/Moment/Celebrate+Color+Freedom+NOW+Fourth+of+July+Promotion!/?Moment=1883#sthash.685CAwkk.dpuf

I'm among the (many) people who weren't thrilled with this box, although I'm happy about the Sonya Dakar & Pur-lisse products, so I don't hate it as much as a lot of people do.

I honestly think part of the problem with this box is a packaging issue. I think they should bundle all the sponsored products together in an opaque bag that you get to open as a secondary "surprise," instead of having pads and slim fast bars knocking around next to a $90 facial exfoliator. I feel like the way they do it now brings down the perceived value of all the items, whereas if you opened the box and saw the "big ticket" items first instead if immediately seeing stuff from the drugstore, the box would feel more luxe, and then it would be fun to open up the sponsored bag and see what little extras were included. The way it is now makes everything feel disjointed.

Also, if I never see another cheap plastic water bottle again, it'll be too soon. I don't know what they were thinking with that. Do they really think their target clients don't already own a zillion water bottles? Anyway. Of all the items, that's the one that annoyed me the most. The last thing I need is another piece of plastic junk clanging around :/ At least the pads/shaving cream/etc are consumable items that someone can actually use...

I honestly think part of the problem with this box is a packaging issue. I think they should bundle all the sponsored products together in an opaque bag that you get to open as a secondary "surprise," instead of having pads and slim fast bars knocking around next to a $90 facial exfoliator. I feel like the way they do it now brings down the perceived value of all the items, whereas if you opened the box and saw the "big ticket" items first instead if immediately seeing stuff from the drugstore, the box would feel more luxe, and then it would be fun to open up the sponsored bag and see what little extras were included. The way it is now makes everything feel disjointed.
The sponsored products don't bother me at all, I look at them as freebie extras. I don't feel like they cheapen the box or anything. 

I'm more disappointed with the 'major' products.  The water bottle is, as you said, cheap junk.  And I'm not carrying a water bottle that says "grab life by the exercise balls" on it. Please.

It's just such an odd collection of things.  The cosmetic bag looks like something an elderly lady might like. The kisstix are for kids.  The water bottle, maybe teenage girls. I'm having trouble picturing a single demographic group that would like even a majority of the items. 

Oh, well, I saved so much on the Flash Facial and the Purlisse that I should just shut up.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Will there be a swap thread for the summer box?

Related question:  I've looked around, and I'm not finding a general "Swaps for Dummies" thread.   I'd like to try swapping, but I have no idea of the basic procedures and etiquette.  How to create a swap list, that sort of thing.   Is there a FAQ someplace?  Thanks!

I'm actually excited to get this box!! The only thing I'm iffy about (aside from sponsored items) is the canvas bag,I'm hoping for the feather print (or anything other than the weird turquoise one).

I've always wanted to try hair oil, but haven't taken the plunge.. so this is perfect :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IDK if this has been mentioned, but is Giuliana Rancic no longer affiliated with this? I'm not a huge fan of hers, but she does know a lot of people. Maybe that's why this felt, so un-curated?

I

IDK if this has been mentioned, but is Giuliana Rancic no longer affiliated with this? I'm not a huge fan of hers, but she does know a lot of people. Maybe that's why this felt, so un-curated?
I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't really seem like it?

I don't think she's part of the company anymore. She was a co-founder but she's no longer on their employee page and her social media doesn't mention FFF anywhere.

http://fabfitfun.com/fff-team
Bummer. They should take her out of pictures of FFF then, because she still is in some of them and that's kind of deceiving. I am one of the few that like this box though so I shouldn't complain lol.

I came home from a business trip to my FFF and NGQ boxes.  The pop chips and slimfast bar were both smushed in my box, and my water bottle has a crack in it.  

I'm generally pretty "eh, if I l 2 things I'm happy" about sub boxes, but this one prompted me to cancel.  

My sister and I just got our boxes last night and we LOVE THEM!! I'm going to put it to good use! If anyone wants a box, lemme know. I have the $15 off referral code if you're interested! Total steal for $34.99.

I am in the last day of my one week trial on the Flash Facial and working on my price post, but I have to say it's quite disappointing but I had a tiny sore on my skin from a bug bite and it BURNED.  So I checked ingredients...  I didn't expect much - the top 3 ingredients?  Water, alcohol and salt.  It's extremely drying to the skin.  I think part of it's great marketing is that when it gets rubbed off, it has the texture of skin so people think it's the skin but it's just the facial stuff.

The next ingredient is carbomer - which is generally acrylic acid.  A big no-no for long term skin use.

The first beneficial ingredient isn't until 5th (sodium PCA) which means it's barely there.  FDA labeling laws require the ingredients are listed in order of how much is in there.

I don't wear makeup everyday, but after the first few days, my skin was so dry I had to add a moisturizer to prevent it from looking like I was post-bad-sunburn with flaking skin all over the place so my test phase is a bit tainted, but I couldn't go on without it.

Honestly, I expected more from something so upscale instead of a buttload of skin irritants.

Back