For those with Afro-(curly/coily)textured hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what kind of dominican products do you use? I'm looking for something that won't frizz up my hair.

Originally Posted by sassy mamma what kind of dominican products do you use? I'm looking for something that won't frizz up my hair. I use Salerm products, Miss keys 10 en 1, and Silicon Mix.

Originally Posted by sassy mamma what kind of dominican products do you use? I'm looking for something that won't frizz up my hair. I know you aren't talking to me, but I use Capilo milk and honey, sedal anti-sponge leave in cond, and silicon mix. www.sickbay.biz

Originally Posted by dbrown82 I wash my hair every day with dominican hair products. My hair strand is fine, but its dense( makes it appear thick). I've been growing my hair out for a year now, and i'm just trying to get it back to my waist. Dominican hair products are my best friend, and denman brush.
Here are some pictures....

WOW! DB, Your hair is beautiful! I LOVE the texture!!!

Originally Posted by LOVECHIC WOW! DB, Your hair is beautiful! I LOVE the texture!!! thank you
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by dbrown82 thank you
icon_redface.gif
You are welcome, Sis! and you are so right, Our texture can appear to be so thick when it's just the opposite! People tell me my hair is thick all the time, If they only knew. LOL! My hair is on the medium to thin side.

Originally Posted by LOVECHIC You are welcome, Sis! and you are so right, Our texture can appear to be so thick when it's just the opposite! People tell me my hair is thick all the time, If they only knew. LOL! My hair is on the medium to thin side. That the reason why people with relaxed hair falls out. They don't understand that the strand of the hair is what people determine if hair is fine or thick. People end up putting a chemicals that are too harsh.

Originally Posted by dbrown82 That the reason why people with relaxed hair falls out. They don't understand that the strand of the hair is what people determine if hair is fine or thick. People end up putting a chemicals that are too harsh. Very true. I realized that my hair is too fragile for a lot of chemicals. Besides, there is nothing wrong with my textured hair. I just learned to accept the kinks, coils, curls and all. I love the way my hair looks when it's wet and smooth back with gel. The texture shows through so lovely. When my hair was regulary relaxed back in the day, it didn't look no where near this nice when pulled back. It's much healthier now.

[i wash my hair with a moisturizing shampoo such as Mizani and then I deep condition with plain yogurt under a dryer for 35 minutes and then I roll set my hair and then wrap it in a doobie set
icon_smile.gif

Right now I'm using Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo, the Moisture Plus Conditioner and the Nourish Leave-In, they aren't all that great to be honest; some of my fave products so far are ORS Mayonnaise, ORS Olive Oil Lotion, IC Hair Polisher and the Hair Polisher Gel and Protectiv Healthy Ends.

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen Right now I'm using Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo, the Moisture Plus Conditioner and the Nourish Leave-In, they aren't all that great to be honest; some of my fave products so far are ORS Mayonnaise, ORS Olive Oil Lotion, IC Hair Polisher and the Hair Polisher Gel and Protectiv Healthy Ends. Hi! The motions Lavish shampoo and conditioner are good! I hated the nourish leave-in.

Originally Posted by LOVECHIC Hi! The motions Lavish shampoo and conditioner are good! I hated the nourish leave-in. Hi!Yea the shampoo and conditioner work for me, but I'm just a product junkie always looking for something 'better'.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen Hi!Yea the shampoo and conditioner work for me, but I'm just a product junkie always looking for something 'better'.
icon_redface.gif
LOL! Oh, Girl...I WAS like that for about 1 1/2 year
icon_sad.gif
!!! I tested over 5o products last year!
eek.gif
I'm serious!!! Now I'm not a PJ anymore, THANK GOD! I'm all about keeping my hair product stash to a minimum and keeping my hair care routine simple! It works!

Originally Posted by LOVECHIC LOL! Oh, Girl...I WAS like that for about 1 1/2 year
icon_sad.gif
!!! I tested over 5o products last year!
eek.gif
I'm serious!!! Now I'm not a PJ anymore, THANK GOD! I'm all about keeping my hair product stash to a minimum and keeping my hair care routine simple! It works!
Yea that's what I'm aiming for- consistency, but for now I'm testing the waters; I scour the net and magazines for new products and then research reviews, then buy it and then never use it again.
hahaha.gif

I love the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Line(NTM)

My hair is very thick. It is relaxed.

I use the

NTM Shampoo

NTM Daily Deep Conditioner

NTM Silk Touch Leave in Conditioner

NTM Serum

and RUSK Smoother Leave in conditioner

I wash every 5-6 days, touchup every 3-4 months. Comb my hair only once a week and don't ever brush it.

trying to get to waistlength

Originally Posted by dbrown82 I wash my hair every day with dominican hair products. My hair strand is fine, but its dense( makes it appear thick). I've been growing my hair out for a year now, and i'm just trying to get it back to my waist. Dominican hair products are my best friend, and denman brush. I love my Denman brush too. I've had it for 15 years, no joke. I spent like $20 on it back in 1991 which was a fortune to me back then. But so worth it!
Your hair is amazing! You'll have it grown out in no time! How did you get turned on to your current hair products? They sound pretty obscure and exotic!

And, well said everyone, on the fine vs. thick issue. Always a constant source of frustration to me! I didn't know I had fine hair until I was about 25 years old! Geez, I still find myself educating stylists, salespeople in beauty supply stores, etc! Small towns like mine are bad, nobody knows squat about AA hair.

Originally Posted by sylver2 I love the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Line(NTM)My hair is very thick. It is relaxed.

I use the

NTM Shampoo

NTM Daily Deep Conditioner

NTM Silk Touch Leave in Conditioner

NTM Serum

and RUSK Smoother Leave in conditioner

I wash every 5-6 days, touchup every 3-4 months. Comb my hair only once a week and don't ever brush it.

trying to get to waistlength

I wish I could get back into a routine like yours...I used to go 3 or 4 days between shampoos. Then I suddenly developed oily scalp and dandruff! I have to wash every other day or else...yuck. My hair doesn't like being washed that often, even though my scalp needs it. *sigh* So you really like the Neutrogena line? I tried the Hair Mask and wasn't real impressed. Sounds like the Serum is worth trying tho! And what do you know, I just ran out of my Frizz-Ease Serum. I'll have to pick up some Neutrogena tomorrow. Do you use it with the Silk Touch Leave In? Or instead of?

Originally Posted by LOVECHIC Yay!!! Glam is back! I missed ya girl! You have alot to catch up on around here! Dang, I know girl! I've been so AWOL. I have like 50 products to review too...
icon_redface.gif
Glad to be back!

Originally Posted by glamslam I wish I could get back into a routine like yours...I used to go 3 or 4 days between shampoos. Then I suddenly developed oily scalp and dandruff! I have to wash every other day or else...yuck. My hair doesn't like being washed that often, even though my scalp needs it. *sigh* So you really like the Neutrogena line? I tried the Hair Mask and wasn't real impressed. Sounds like the Serum is worth trying tho! And what do you know, I just ran out of my Frizz-Ease Serum. I'll have to pick up some Neutrogena tomorrow. Do you use it with the Silk Touch Leave In? Or instead of? I'm not to fond of the mask myself. I love the daily deep conditioner.I forgot to add that I use John Frieda Frizz ease serum as well. I love it. I use it on my hair when its soaking wet, right b4 blow dry. I use the NTM silk touch when hair is dry, somewhat like a moisturizer. I always rub it thru hair at nite b4 bed, put on scarf, wake up and hair is like silk. Then I rub on the NTM serum and it stays like that all day.

My scalp gets just like yours, oily and dandruff. I try to leave it alone as much as possible. I just can't take all that manipulation,

Back