For those with Afro-(curly/coily)textured hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just totally changed my haircare regimen after joining the longhaircareforum site. I now use Kenra ms, mc, Redken hair cleansing cream, porosity control, aphogee treatment(every 6-8 wks as needed), nexxus keraphix, wild growth oil, ntm healing hair shine serum, elasta qp mango butter for hair ends, evoo for hot oil treatments and pre poo treatments. for conditioner washes i use pantene pro v relaxed and naturals for colored hair. I just started on Friday so we will see how all this works. My hair feels great and I haven't had a relaxer in 6 wks. I plan to wait another 6 wks to get a relaxer(if my hair allows it).

I also like the Redken hair cleansing cream and the porosity control conditioner. I alternate the Keracare and Design Essentials hair care lines. I relax every 8 weeks with Affirm.

Originally Posted by PopModePrincess Some people are so desperate, they will risk growing a hoof out of the top of their head for a little more hair! LMAO!!!!!!
icon_lol.gif
YOu are too funny!!!

Originally Posted by devinjhans i just totally changed my haircare regimen after joining the longhaircareforum site. I now use Kenra ms, mc, Redken hair cleansing cream, porosity control, aphogee treatment(every 6-8 wks as needed), nexxus keraphix, wild growth oil, ntm healing hair shine serum, elasta qp mango butter for hair ends, evoo for hot oil treatments and pre poo treatments. for conditioner washes i use pantene pro v relaxed and naturals for colored hair. I just started on Friday so we will see how all this works. My hair feels great and I haven't had a relaxer in 6 wks. I plan to wait another 6 wks to get a relaxer(if my hair allows it). Be careful not to turn into a Product junkie!

yeah im definitely going to stop relaxing...what kind of leave-in moisturizers and deep conditioners should i use to keep it from getting too dry?

Originally Posted by cocobella yeah im definitely going to stop relaxing...what kind of leave-in moisturizers and deep conditioners should i use to keep it from getting too dry? My hair use to be dry until I found RUSK. Its a creamy leave in. I love it. Its called Rusk Smoother Aloe & Texturizing leave in conditioner.I usually get it from ULTA.

The Neutrogena Triple Moisture(NTM) line is a very good line for dry hair.

I love their Daily Deep conditioner and serum

I'm loving all the info on these threads you gals have going!!! Nice!! Very good info - I'm sure you're helping so many people!! Go crazy!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by sylver2 My hair use to be dry until I found RUSK. Its a creamy leave in. I love it. Its called Rusk Smoother Aloe & Texturizing leave in conditioner.I usually get it from ULTA.

The Neutrogena Triple Moisture(NTM) line is a very good line for dry hair.

I love their Daily Deep conditioner and serum

That RUSK leave-in is GREAT!!! It smells so good, too!

Originally Posted by cocobella yeah im definitely going to stop relaxing...what kind of leave-in moisturizers and deep conditioners should i use to keep it from getting too dry? Hot oil, you can use Olive Oil, look into APhogee products as well as Nexxus.

Girl too late! I plan to taper off though once i find the products that work and i really like!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by LOVECHIC Be careful not to turn into a Product junkie!

Originally Posted by devinjhans i just totally changed my haircare regimen after joining the longhaircareforum site. I now use Kenra ms, mc, Redken hair cleansing cream, porosity control, aphogee treatment(every 6-8 wks as needed), nexxus keraphix, wild growth oil, ntm healing hair shine serum, elasta qp mango butter for hair ends, evoo for hot oil treatments and pre poo treatments. for conditioner washes i use pantene pro v relaxed and naturals for colored hair. I just started on Friday so we will see how all this works. My hair feels great and I haven't had a relaxer in 6 wks. I plan to wait another 6 wks to get a relaxer(if my hair allows it). Hey Devin, I've browsed the LHC forum before, can I ask you about this "pre poo" is this where you used products prior to shampooing, can you tell me more about the conditioner washes?

Pre-poo can be a hot oil treatment or something, I use either olive oil or amla oil as a hot oil treatment, another thing I really love is warmed honey and olive oil that makes my hair feel nice and soft and honey is a great humectant.

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen Pre-poo can be a hot oil treatment or something, I use either olive oil or amla oil as a hot oil treatment, another thing I really love is warmed honey and olive oil that makes my hair feel nice and soft and honey is a great humectant. Thanks!

No problemo, I've never done a conditioner wash so I don't know much about it other than the fact it's meant to be a less harsh alternative to shampoo, some people really swear by it though.

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen No problemo, I've never done a conditioner wash so I don't know much about it other than the fact it's meant to be a less harsh alternative to shampoo, some people really swear by it though. I just tried a conditioner wash after "googling" methods and I have to tell you I won't go back to my old way, my hair is so soft it is amazing.

my hair is fairly thick. i have my ways of '' thinning it out '' and making it apear much more managable than it really is.

i realllly love this product called ''cholestoral ''. it's very in expensive and it's what i used to condition my hair. i also use alot of things for anti breakage because my hair breaks off veryyy easily and is color treated. olive oil works wonders for curly hair.

455d.jpg

234721.jpg

icon_eek.gif

i'm sorry i didn't respond to your question sooner. thank you lipglossqueen for answering.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i found that i couldn't do the cw, b/c i am 9 weeks post right now and that is just too much handling of my hair.

Originally Posted by krazysexxykool I just tried a conditioner wash after "googling" methods and I have to tell you I won't go back to my old way, my hair is so soft it is amazing.

your hair is very pretty. you remind me of Mya.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by mac-whore my hair is fairly thick. i have my ways of '' thinning it out
'' and making it apear much more managable than it really is.

i realllly love this product called ''cholestoral ''. it's very in expensive and it's what i used to condition my hair. i also use alot of things for anti breakage because my hair breaks off veryyy easily and is color treated. olive oil works wonders for curly hair.

455d.jpg

234721.jpg

icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by devinjhans your hair is very pretty. you remind me of Mya.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
hehe thank you
icon_redface.gif
i get that all the time but i don't see it at all!

Back