For those with Afro-(curly/coily)textured hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have to try the CW, it's jus the fact I love shampoo so much I can't imagine a subsitute, I might have to set a challenge.

Originally Posted by mac-whore hehe thank you
icon_redface.gif
i get that all the time but i don't see it at all! OMG! I was just going to say that, and I didn't even read the other posts!!! lol You do look like her.. a lot!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by pinkcashmere Hi,I'm new to MUT, but I have used aLOT of products. It's amazing how our hair really has its own temperment. I like cream of nature for shampoo, I have tried others, but my hair HAS to have this one. The conditioner I use right now is called Crema and I use it with Pantene. Pantene for colored girls doesn't work as well for me as the regular one. I'm going to have to look into conditioning wash, because I haven't a clue. I'm currently in California as well, so I wish I had ladies like you to hang out with here, but your posts are really great!
icon_razz.gif

Welcome PinkCashmere... I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
smile.gif

And btw, cholesterol is great stuff!!! We used that all the time in Cosmetology school --- it's the tried and true conditioner! lol

I second the cholesterol thing, the best one I tried was an aloe vera one, Lustrasilk I think... but be warned the Hollywood Beauty Carrot Cholesterol made my hair hard and crunchy!

CW= conditioner wash, sorry I was just being lazy!

I love the name btw, pink is my fave colour and cashmere is one of my fave fabrics.

hry gurl i have really curly hair and i use an activator to keep my hair smooth and silky .....does anyone else use an activator or am i the only one ???????????????????

hey our regimen is the same except i use products. but i love cream of nature conditioner . loooooove it!!!!!

Originally Posted by LOVECHIC Just thought I'd start a thread to discuss our hair issues. What products are you Ladies currently using, what's your hair regimens, and do you have any hair woes???

current products: ( I rotate my products weekly)

Aveda Shampure shampoo

Neutrogena Anti-residue Shampoo

Cream of Nature Shampoo

Deep Brillance Shampoo

I use Dominican Conditioners

Moisturizing hair gel to smooth my hair

Paul Mitchells -The Detangeling conditioner

Neutrogena Triple moisture shining hair serum

My regimen is to wash/Deep condition my hair every 2 to 3 days.

I try to limit applying heat to my hair. I usually air dry or sit under my hooded dryer. I use my ceramic flat Iron about every 3 months, cause I never wear my hair down. It's too time-consuming.

My hair woes are that my hair is sooo fragile, so I really do have to treat it like an antique piece of lace at all times.

I looooove cholestoral treatments. They are the best!!!!

Originally Posted by mac-whore my hair is fairly thick. i have my ways of '' thinning it out '' and making it apear much more managable than it really is.
i realllly love this product called ''cholestoral ''. it's very in expensive and it's what i used to condition my hair. i also use alot of things for anti breakage because my hair breaks off veryyy easily and is color treated. olive oil works wonders for curly hair.

455d.jpg

234721.jpg

icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Divaofreality i use Pantene Pro v shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. I also use Luster's Pink Glosser to add shine. I don't use spritz and on the rare occasion I use gel it is JAM. I use Sulpher 8 hair grease. i used to use sulphur8 .... i dont know why i stopped. Maybe i'll go back to using it......

Mac-whore, which cholesterol did you use?

I only use a curl activator if I want to wear my hair curly...it's curly when wet but dries afro-ey so to keep the curls I would use activator.

Originally Posted by msfussycurlz hry gurl i have really curly hair and i use an activator to keep my hair smooth and silky .....does anyone else use an activator or am i the only one ??????????????????? Tried this once and ughhhh, my hair stayed continuously damp. Felt like back in the jehri curl days
icon_rolleyes.gif
. This area of the country is always humid, and anything with glycerin draws moisture. Great conditioning but it gets all over everything.

Originally Posted by msfussycurlz I looooove cholestoral treatments. They are the best!!!! macwhore, whats the name of the cholestoral treatment u use? ....i use queen helene

Ms Fussy Curlz have you tried ORS Hair Mayonnaise, it's my fave deep conditioner and it works really well.

Oh yea Hollywood Carrot Creme is a new found discovery it's nice and creamy so I'm sure it would be good to use on pressed hair, it can make ur hair wavy when you first brush it, then it ends up looking smooth and straight. I used it once on my hair which I hadn't blowdryed or anything and it at first went curly and I thought 'oh no, damn those products with glycerin', then it when straight looking.

lipglossqueen,

i remember my mom using the hair mayo from ors on my hair when i was in like 6th through 8th grade. she also used the uplifting shampoo by ors. i do remember the hair mayo working really well.
claps.gif

thanks

Alot of good info.

I tend to rotate brands after a bit. I go to the Hair Dresser every other week and the inbetween times,I like to do my own hair.

I like Black and Sassy and Breakthru products.

My HairDresser uses Dudley Products.

Originally Posted by msfussycurlz macwhore, whats the name of the cholestoral treatment u use? ....i use queen helene i believe it is queen helene as well. i absolutely love it. alot of times i'll put it on my hair after a good shampoo and put a shower cap over it and wrap it up with a towel and keep it on overnight and my hair is wonderful in the morning.

Originally Posted by speerrituall1 You must decide will I be natural or relaxed
icon_confused.gif
. Your hair is craving moisture. Start giving yourself bi-weekly deep conditioning treatments with things like pure olive oil--cheap can be purchased at the grocery store. Once your hair has become more pliable, switch to monthly treatments. The dangerous place is where the two types of hair meet, natural new growth and relaxed. Your hair will snap off at this point. Your hair is very fragile. Stay away from the heat, wet sets and braids are great for growing out of relaxers. Be patient and love your hair, it takes time! great advice speerrituall1! i would add a supplement maybe to improve hair health from the inside while waiting for the perm to grow out. gnc makes a great hair, nail and skin supplement that i think helped alot while my hair was in transition.

Back