For those with Afro-(curly/coily)textured hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone! Currently I am using Creme of Nature shampoo and for a conditioner, I alternate between the Biolage hydrating balm and Alter Ego. I go to a Dominican salon for my touchups but wash and set my own hair. They would never tell me the name of the conditioner but the last time I was there I noticed the bottle. It was Silicone Mix. I'm almost out of Biolage, so I'm going to order the Silicone Mix and I also want to try Miss Keys 10 en 1. I use the Shea butter by Surge on my scalp and NTM shine serum on my hair.

Originally Posted by arlygyrl Hi everyone! Currently I am using Creme of Nature shampoo and for a conditioner, I alternate between the Biolage hydrating balm and Alter Ego. I go to a Dominican salon for my touchups but wash and set my own hair. They would never tell me the name of the conditioner but the last time I was there I noticed the bottle. It was Silicone Mix. I'm almost out of Biolage, so I'm going to order the Silicone Mix and I also want to try Miss Keys 10 en 1. I use the Shea butter by Surge on my scalp and NTM shine serum on my hair. hello arlygyrl and welcome to mut. glad you found us!

Originally Posted by pinkcashmere Hi,I'm new to MUT, but I have used aLOT of products. It's amazing how our hair really has its own temperment. I like cream of nature for shampoo, I have tried others, but my hair HAS to have this one. The conditioner I use right now is called Crema and I use it with Pantene. Pantene for colored girls doesn't work as well for me as the regular one. I'm going to have to look into conditioning wash, because I haven't a clue. I'm currently in California as well, so I wish I had ladies like you to hang out with here, but your posts are really great!
icon_razz.gif

Hi, I'm Lakitha from New York. I like Cream of Natures products as well as Mizani. Where did you by Crema. I have never heard of it.
icon_cool.gif

Hi, I'm new here and right nowi use

Shampoo's

BreakThu

Pantene Clarifying (when needed)

Conditioners

Long ‘N Strong Extra Hair Treatment Lotion

Herbal Essence- Howefena® Protein Replenishing Conditioner

Matrix Sleek.Look (after protein treatmeant & straight styes)

Apogee Treatment ever 6 weeks

Leave Ins

Moisture Max 30 second repair

Botanical Nutrients Rosemary & Green tea mist

and pure jojoba oil for moisture & shine

but I am hoping to condence this in the future after I use up what I have left

Damn, i'm obsessed with my hair right now. I feel like it's so thin and short and I'm so impatient for it to grow out. I'm black and i don't wash my hair everyday. Do any of you think that washing the hair more often helps it to grow and keeps it healthier? And when I say more often, i mean everyday or multiple times a week. My hair is just past my shoulders to the collar bine. I hate it! I want it down to my bra!! Do any of you know some good products that you know for a FACT grow hair faster and help keep breakage down?? Please, please, someone respond to this. I'm so desperate! Where can I get some of these Dominican products. Will they work on black people's hair??

I am currently using:

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo

Garnier Long & Strong Conditioner

Aphogee Kertain Reconstructor (for treatment)

Ultra Sheen Gro Natural Hair Dressing

Wild Growth Hair Oil

I know that heat is not that good for hair, so I press my hair about once a month, which I think is pretty good. My hair in its natural state is typical Afro super kinky hair. The hair on the lower part of my head (by the back of my neck) is so thin and sparse and so are my sides. It's annoying, cuz iff all the damn strands were the same length, my ahir would look pretty long. I have some strands that go down to my back. Do you guys know of products that I can use to thicken up sides and bottoms? Producst i can use everyday? I need some serious advice.

hey diablo2g,

you should really check out longhaircareforum.com, they have soooo much great information and a lot of women that have all types of hair. you will learn so much and will really be helped on how to properly take care of your hair. BTW, my name is Devin.

Originally Posted by diablo2g Damn, i'm obsessed with my hair right now. I feel like it's so thin and short and I'm so impatient for it to grow out. I'm black and i don't wash my hair everyday. Do any of you think that washing the hair more often helps it to grow and keeps it healthier? And when I say more often, i mean everyday or multiple times a week. My hair is just past my shoulders to the collar bine. I hate it! I want it down to my bra!! Do any of you know some good products that you know for a FACT grow hair faster and help keep breakage down?? Please, please, someone respond to this. I'm so desperate! Where can I get some of these Dominican products. Will they work on black people's hair??
I am currently using:

Wild Growth Hair Oil

I know that heat is not that good for hair, so I press my hair about once a month, which I think is pretty good. My hair in its natural state is typical Afro super kinky hair. The hair on the lower part of my head (by the back of my neck) is so thin and sparse and so are my sides. It's annoying, cuz iff all the damn strands were the same length, my ahir would look pretty long. I have some strands that go down to my back. Do you guys know of products that I can use to thicken up sides and bottoms? Producst i can use everyday? I need some serious advice.

Devin, you stole the words right out of my mouth!! LHCF has helped my hair so, so, so much. I can't think of the dominican sites anymore, I am slackin! Order from www.sickbay.biz , Miss Key 10 en 1 conditioner is an awesome Dominican Product, although I don't use it anymore. Now I am a Mizani/Keracare freak!!!

Originally Posted by devinjhans hey diablo2g,
you should really check out longhaircareforum.com, they have soooo much great information and a lot of women that have all types of hair. you will learn so much and will really be helped on how to properly take care of your hair. BTW, my name is Devin.

Originally Posted by diablo2g Damn, i'm obsessed with my hair right now. I feel like it's so thin and short and I'm so impatient for it to grow out. I'm black and i don't wash my hair everyday. Do any of you think that washing the hair more often helps it to grow and keeps it healthier? And when I say more often, i mean everyday or multiple times a week. My hair is just past my shoulders to the collar bine. I hate it! I want it down to my bra!! Do any of you know some good products that you know for a FACT grow hair faster and help keep breakage down?? Please, please, someone respond to this. I'm so desperate! Where can I get some of these Dominican products. Will they work on black people's hair??
I am currently using:

Wild Growth Hair Oil

One great conditioner that I use is plain yogurt mixed with honey. I sit under the dryer for 45 minutes. It is a great moisturizer and it definitely promotes growth.
claps.gif

I use nexus therappe shampoo and humectress conditoner every week. After I shampoo my hair I sit under the dryer for 20 min with the conditioner and then wash it out. I use infusium as a leave in and air dry or roller set my hair and sit under my ionic hooded dryer. In between washing I use Dudley cream press to keep my hair shiny and soft.

Originally Posted by fala707 I use nexus therappe shampoo and humectress conditoner every week. After I shampoo my hair I sit under the dryer for 20 min with the conditioner and then wash it out. I use infusium as a leave in and air dry or roller set my hair and sit under my ionic hooded dryer. In between washing I use Dudley cream press to keep my hair shiny and soft. hello fala707 and welcome to mut. i'm monnie from michigan. what are you using for daily hair care?

I use Pantene Relaxed & Natural Shampoo & Conditioner, TIGI Bedhead Moisture Maniac Shampoo & Conditioner, John Frieda Secret Weapon, and...castor oil! Ever since I started mixing castor oil with my hair oil, my hair is much softer and is growing much faster. I LOVE IT! My coworkers like Salerm's products, so I'm thinking of trying that brand as well. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dudley's Easy Curl and Waving cream. I use it before I curl or flat iron my hair.

Has anyone in here tried Sebastian's Potion 9? I used Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner for 4 years and realized it wasn't cutting it anymore. Than I switched to Rusk's leave-in (the orange one...I can't think of the name) but my hair always looked super frizzy. So I went to Lord and Lady's and Potion 9 was recommended to me. I splurged and spend $30 on it but I don't know if it will work in my 1/2 black, 1/2 Indian, curly, thick long hair. Help!!! I really need something to save my hair, it's eternally dry and no matter what I do it still is frizzy and fro-like.

Originally Posted by blaquepooky Has anyone in here tried Sebastian's Potion 9? I used Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner for 4 years and realized it wasn't cutting it anymore. Than I switched to Rusk's leave-in (the orange one...I can't think of the name) but my hair always looked super frizzy. So I went to Lord and Lady's and Potion 9 was recommended to me. I splurged and spend $30 on it but I don't know if it will work in my 1/2 black, 1/2 Indian, curly, thick long hair. Help!!! I really need something to save my hair, it's eternally dry and no matter what I do it still is frizzy and fro-like. you might want to try optimum oil therapy. try it on wet hair. it does a really good job of helping your hair to hold moisture.

^^^The oil therapy hair lotion?

Has anyone tried Mane & Tail products, I think I may have to (unfortunately).

Blaque Pooky you may need a light protein moisturising treatment, I recommend ORS Hair Mayonnaise!
icon_wink.gif

hi, i am claudia from canada.

i have been using forever cream of nature and ORS mayonaise. i just started mane n tale shampoo and conditionner, i really like it. aslo, sulfur is good for hair grow.

i quit relaxing 2 years ago, now i am doing the crown and glory chalenge. i also just started using MTG, WGO and horsetail pill. i made the big chop and more on october. now my hair is neck lenth streched. i hope to have brastrap lenght by next may 07
smiletongue.gif

Does the Mane N Tail contain alot of protein? I want to try it but I've learnt the hard way my hair likes more moisture than protein.

i does contein protein, but i don't think it's a lot. i think it's wheat protein. you have regular and moisturizing in shampoo and conditioner. the regular one is very stripping for the hair, but when i follow with the conditionner, it balances well. my hair is very easy to manage. the moisturizing shampoo is almost like cream of nature.

Thanx Claudia, I've never used CON but I hear it's very good, I may see if I can get a small bottle of the MNT stuff and see how it goes, I still have my Motions Shampoo & Leave-In incase it doesn't work, but I heard it's real cheap so I won't lose out either way!

i am sure you will like it. my sis and i have very different taste in matter of shampoo and conditioner. it's the first time we agree on the same product. FINALLY
claps.gif

Im with dbrown82, I use Dominican products! I love them. I have very thick curly hair. I need something that doesnt weigh me down but controls firzz.

Latest posts

Back