Glamour Doll Eyes (non-OTM)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone needs Poodles! I can confirm. 

I think I'm getting Rose City, Carousel and Reckless Devotion.  I kind of want the January GWP despite my efforts to talk myself out of it. I actually just got rid of an $85/a month bill I had so I want to reward myself. 

I'm glad these are permanent because the no buy has gotten in the way of my eyeshadow hoarding temporarily! And I can live out my dream of swimming in a vat of Vanilla Unicorn at last!

I need Carousel, My Cat Ate The Easter Grass, Funeral Selfie (I love the color but OMG that name.  I laugh every time, then I feel guilty!), and Rose City (YES).  Also want either Urban Mannequin or Pass The Bubbly, but they're really close and I can't decide if I want a rose-gold taupe or a rose-gold with extra gold.  OH and Outtie 5000.  Not a new shade, but I haven't gotten it yet!

DECISIONS.  But none til after the 100-Day No Buy!  I have the OTM and NM VC to keep me rolling in pretties til I can order again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need Carousel, My Cat Ate The Easter Grass, Funeral Selfie (I love the color but OMG that name.  I laugh every time, then I feel guilty!), and Rose City (YES).  Also want either Urban Mannequin or Pass The Bubbly, but they're really close and I can't decide if I want a rose-gold taupe or a rose-gold with extra gold.  OH and Outtie 5000.  Not a new shade, but I haven't gotten it yet!

DECISIONS.  But none til after the 100-Day No Buy!  I have the OTM and NM VC to keep me rolling in pretties til I can order again.
I almost wore Funeral Selfie to my grandmother's funeral because of the name (we've gone over the appropriateness of my family's clothing elsewhere already, but for those who missed it, suffice it to say that it would not have been as inappropriate as my cousin's outfit -- or, really, *anything* worn by most of my family.  I mean, seriously, jeans, sneakers, and a green polo shirt?).  I ended up going with Daily Lovelies' Pensieve (because there are childhood memories associated with this grandmother and baby blue eyeshadow, plus the whole concept of the Pensieve seemed appropriate) and GDE Poodles (originally selected just because it's gorgeous, and then I remembered *after* I put it on that my grandmother had a toy poodle when I was tiny and playing with the blue eyeshadow).

And if you're not getting any now, you can wait for swatches!  And do you have Reckless Devotion?  Someone who gets all three could do comparison swatches so you can figure out which one is the one you want more than the other compared to RD.  OTOH, if you don't have RD, you may end up deciding you need that one, too.  Because it's made of unf.

@@meaganola I love the shadows you chose, what a beautiful way to honor your grandma.  (Unlike, as previously discussed, OTHERS.)

I don't have RD (I got Sept-Dec last year, and won May in @@CheshireCookie 's blog contest and March in Vee's recent end of year giveaways.) and I will definitely be ALL OVER SWATCHES when I can see them!

I just swatched it again (to see how it looks with Vanilla Unicorn), and I think Vee must have added more sparkles to her repertoire since she created Rose City in August.  I don't remember the holobomb like in Buddy before September or so.  I wish I had thought about asking about that sort of thing for RC when I asked for all of the green sparkle!  Then again, the base color is so dark that maybe holobomb might be too much.

Boo, our paychecks are delayed because the payroll person has been snowed in, so won't get paid until tomorrow, lol. Trying to decide whether to buy a few or not...

It looks like you're living in an Arctic tundra now... yikes!  Did they cancel for work for you today?

It looks like you're living in an Arctic tundra now... yikes!  Did they cancel for work for you today?
YES. They cancelled all of last week except for half of Monday and today. We had 2 weeks of break before that. I am so ready to get out of my house!!!!! I am a hermit and I love lounging at home and being lazy. I can stay home for days at a time without batting an eye. But this is overkill! lol

The good news is, we aren't supposed to have any more snow the rest of the week, just really cold...so we should finally have school and not more than a 2 hour delay...I hope!

I've decided on 4 of the new shades to buy even though I shouldn't. NEED Vanilla Unicorn and Poodles! NEED THEM.

YES. They cancelled all of last week except for half of Monday and today. We had 2 weeks of break before that. I am so ready to get out of my house!!!!! I am a hermit and I love lounging at home and being lazy. I can stay home for days at a time without batting an eye. But this is overkill! lol
Ugh, so much this.  It's one thing when it's your choice (I may very well stay in my apartment all next week except to check the mail).  It's another when you literally cannot set foot outside for fear of serious injury (last February, there was half an inch of ice on my stairs and landing.  I stayed inside for days until it warmed up enough for me to literally hammer that stuff off).

I got my first order of samples. This is my very first indie order. I really love the colors. It really seems indie makeup is not just cosmetics, but a whole community of people...

Finally got my first order for the customer appreciation shadows placed!  Sooo Shakey, Urban Mannequin, Pass the Bubbly, and Sanctuary.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how Pass the Bubbly goes with Rose City.  If they play well together, whoo!  Champagne Room eyes!  SO EXCITE!

I just want to publicly thank the beautiful Mari @@marigoldsue. She sent me an I Smiled Once by DG, which I have been wanting SO BADLY, but also sent me an extra GDE OTM I never got!! She is so amazing!! Posting this here instead of the OTM thread because I just posted like four times in a row haha. The point is, MARI IS THE SWEETEST AND I AM SO HAPPY I DISCOVERED THIS WORLD BECAUSE I'VE MET THE BEST PEOPLE BECAUSE OF IT.

@@meaganola how does it feel to know you changed my life by making the original indie thread?? Thank you!

I just want to publicly thank the beautiful Mari @@marigoldsue. She sent me an I Smiled Once by DG, which I have been wanting SO BADLY, but also sent me an extra GDE OTM I never got!! She is so amazing!! Posting this here instead of the OTM thread because I just posted like four times in a row haha. The point is, MARI IS THE SWEETEST AND I AM SO HAPPY I DISCOVERED THIS WORLD BECAUSE I'VE MET THE BEST PEOPLE BECAUSE OF IT.

@@meaganola how does it feel to know you changed my life by making the original indie thread?? Thank you!
I think @@meaganola had a hand in getting many of us into Indies, which has in turn created lots of wonderful friendships!  Since she has her Rose City shade, next Vee needs to make her a Welcome Wagon shade of her own...lol

Ok I know most of you ladies love Vee, but today I got to experience why.

Excellent customer service story below.

Today I made a purchase from GDE for myself.  Of course I had tracking like 3 hours later (HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!!).  After I thought about my amazing purchase I decided I wanted to make the same purchase for someone else.  I sent a long, rambling missive in the notes section of the order form (there is lots of room there in case anyone is wondering) and got an email asking if there was a personal message I would like to include!

I thought that was awesome that 1. you can do that (I know on the big sites like Sephora/Ulta you can but it is essentially a text field) 2.  that she read my missive 3. that she offered/asked/made the suggestion.

I don't know why but it really made my heart smile and I wanted to share with all of you!

@@ohsailor @@marigoldsue :grouphug:  You two!  Such sweeties!  I'm just glad I could drag you two down here with me!  I had *no idea* what was going to happen when I started that thread, and look at this place, six and a half months later.  (And you know Welcome Wagon would be a holobomb!  And probably peachy-pink.  Like the glorious lovechild of Juicy Mango for the color and Buddy for the sparkle!)

(And I Smiled One!  I love that one!  Mari is just all of the awesome.)

Back