Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box Polish Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still get it. I got the same polishes this month and love them! Snowed In is so cute.

I already wanted this sub. I just saw photos of what my brother's girlfriend got for hers, and now I want it even more. Glitter Guilty was spot on with personalizing it to her polish preferences.

I already wanted this sub. I just saw photos of what my brother's girlfriend got for hers, and now I want it even more. Glitter Guilty was spot on with personalizing it to her polish preferences.
I really love this sub. It's One of my favorites!

Is anyone out there still getting/enjoying this sub? Now that it is less customized do you still feel it's worth it? I am giving up on Julep so may just throw my $20 toward this instead if people are still pleased.

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is anyone out there still getting/enjoying this sub? Now that it is less customized do you still feel it's worth it? I am giving up on Julep so may just throw my $20 toward this instead if people are still pleased.
I still get it! I much prefer it to Julep. The colors are still things that I'd always wear and I much prefer all the glitter and fun polishes to Julep's usually plain ones

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I still get it! I much prefer it to Julep. The colors are still things that I'd always wear and I much prefer all the glitter and fun polishes to Julep's usually plain ones
OMG I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! I had no idea you were a member here!!! 

icon_redface.gif
 aaaaand backing away....

OMG I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! I had no idea you were a member here!!! 

icon_redface.gif
 aaaaand backing away....
Aw thank you so much! :)

If I were going to get a polish subscription, this would be the one I would want. I have Julep, but I skip most months. I keep it just to accumulate points until I have enough for a free box, and once or twice a year they have a coupon code or something for Mavens that is worthwhile for me. I am 'grandmothered' in to be able to skip any month, but if you sign up for Julep now, you're only allowed a certain number of skips, I can't remember how many. Glitter Guilty has always had great boxes from what I've seen. But I've pretty much run out of room to store polish and I'm supposed to be limiting my spending, so no Glitter Guilty for me right now.

I really enjoy this sub.  Even though it is less customized I don't really feel as though it makes much or if any difference.  It is still catered to your likes.  I also like that you get two different polishes. 

I just subbed to this one because I really enjoy glitter polishes and haven't been too impressed with the limited selections I've tried from Julep. Too goopy and it chipped on me in a day, when most manicures last me at least 3-4 before bad chipping. I'm really excited to see what I get first!

I canceled this sub for Feb because I have way too much nail polish right now, I but I loved it for the two months I was subbed. Posted a few pics of some swatches I did of the colors if anyone is interested (in my profile I noted I wanted mostly blues/greens)

Northern Lights - Monthly Me December

Sub-Zero - Mini January

Pinecones and Holly Berries- Mini December

A Winters Night - January Monthly Me

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I canceled this sub for Feb because I have way too much nail polish right now, I but I loved it for the two months I was subbed. Posted a few pics of some swatches I did of the colors if anyone is interested (in my profile I noted I wanted mostly blues/greens)

Northern Lights - Monthly Me December

Sub-Zero - Mini January

Pinecones and Holly Berries- Mini December

A Winters Night - January Monthly Me

I love the one called Northern Lights.

I'm just bumping to re-recommend this.  Awesome, pretty colors, good quick-drying formulas, and AMAZING customer service.  I didn't get my box this past month and I contacted her about it.  She MORE THAN made it right for me... she sent me another box, and instead of a mini and a full size gave me two full size polishes.  As a bonus they are both super pretty.

I would keep raving but the ice cream truck just pulled up (sadly, no joke at all) and so I must run...

Glitter Guilty has on her FB page that if you sign up for a new sub, then send her an email mentioning the FB post, you will get a free extra mini in your box this month.  Just in case anyone was looking to sub. 

This is one of my favorite nail boxes.  Her colors are great, the formula is wonderful, I've never had a bad box.  She really does try & send you what you would like, and for me, she has been spot on every month.  And the candy extras are always a great treat.

Here is my Glitter Guilty box for this month...

The yellow one is Because I'm Happy.

ETA: not sure why the pic posted sideways, sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
My most recent 3 month sub is almost up, and I'm trying to decide what to do.  While I still love the colors (mine was a really pretty coral this month), the formula seems a bit different to me the past couple of months.  They all seem to be in clear bases, which I'm finding challenging.  It seems to me that the formulas used to have more color in the base.  Has anyone else noticed that?

My most recent 3 month sub is almost up, and I'm trying to decide what to do.  While I still love the colors (mine was a really pretty coral this month), the formula seems a bit different to me the past couple of months.  They all seem to be in clear bases, which I'm finding challenging.  It seems to me that the formulas used to have more color in the base.  Has anyone else noticed that?
My last two were the yellow and a pretty purple from the Frozen theme box.  Maybe change your preferences or shoot her an email, I know you can always request a specific full size polish from her shop instead of a surprise. 

Glitter Guilty posted on her FB page that she is having a sale starting this afternoon with a special for her subscribers.

My most recent 3 month sub is almost up, and I'm trying to decide what to do. While I still love the colors (mine was a really pretty coral this month), the formula seems a bit different to me the past couple of months. They all seem to be in clear bases, which I'm finding challenging. It seems to me that the formulas used to have more color in the base. Has anyone else noticed that?
That's possible because I'm not sure that Jessica does the mixing/curation anymore (with her new baby). I've been a little disappointed with the last few months colors so I cancelled. I'd sign back up though once Jessica returns.

Back