GlitterDaze Nail Polish Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's interesting that many of the 'indie' brands refer to their polishes as 'custom'. The polish that Glitter Guilty made especially for you based on your preferences, that's what I think of as custom. Maybe it has more meanings than I have in mind.

I was thinking what I really want is a sub that has three mini polishes each month from different indie makers, for $15. (Many minis are $3 or $4, plus shipping is cheap.) I was thinking it would be cool if run by a stockist/distributor like Llarowe; brands that are already sending her their polish could agree to take part or not. This is my dream.
That's what I think of custom too. I haven't noticed any of the indies I buy from using that term loosely - it would bug me too! 

I would love a mini indie sub like that! Maybe someone will hear you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Let's make this happen, people!

It's interesting that many of the 'indie' brands refer to their polishes as 'custom'. The polish that Glitter Guilty made especially for you based on your preferences, that's what I think of as custom. Maybe it has more meanings than I have in mind. I was thinking what I really want is a sub that has three mini polishes each month from different indie makers, for $15. (Many minis are $3 or $4, plus shipping is cheap.) I was thinking it would be cool if run by a stockist/distributor like Llarowe; brands that are already sending her their polish could agree to take part or not. This is my dream.
That's what I think of custom too. I haven't noticed any of the indies I buy from using that term loosely - it would bug me too!  I would love a mini indie sub like that! Maybe someone will hear you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Let's make this happen, people!
I e-mailed my suggestion to Llarowe. Nothing may come of it, but worth a shot.

I was thinking what I really want is a sub that has three mini polishes each month from different indie makers, for $15. (Many minis are $3 or $4, plus shipping is cheap.) I was thinking it would be cool if run by a stockist/distributor like Llarowe; brands that are already sending her their polish could agree to take part or not. This is my dream.
I would totally sub if something like that ever happened! :)

Originally Posted by lolley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I subbed to Glitter Guilty for the month of April.

I received:

a full size custom blended (I told her my preferences) polish,

a mini polish,

a mini seche vite (a special for April only)

a treat (I have allergies so my treat was different).

Here is a pic:

and a close up:

I LOVE the pink glitter one. Wow. How is the formula, do you feel it's good?

I have one of GlitterDaze's polishes. Why one? Because it's pretty expensive. But I love it! She's trustworthy and the polish is great!

I have one of GlitterDaze's polishes. Why one? Because it's pretty expensive. But I love it! She's trustworthy and the polish is great!
Cool, I'm so happy to read that! From what I see online, her polishes were $9 a couple years ago and $11 now.

I had no idea they were any indie nail subs! Signed up for glitterDaze and glitter guilty so I can see which one I like best. Been skipping Julep for months, the boxes have been so unimpressive IMO and don't seem like they'll get any better.

Just singed up for Glitter Guilty, since Julep won't respond to my emails about my account I need a new polish sub :)

I LOVE the pink glitter one. Wow. How is the formula, do you feel it's good?
The formula is good. Just the right consistency and levels nicely. Only 1 coat needed. The pink required no fishing for glitter as it is just packed with glitter. I did have to fish to get the large pieces from April Showers. I used one coat of Seche Vite top coat for both.

I had no idea they were any indie nail subs! Signed up for glitterDaze and glitter guilty so I can see which one I like best. Been skipping Julep for months, the boxes have been so unimpressive IMO and don't seem like they'll get any better.
I just did the same. I am excited to try both of them out. While I did like the May Julep colors I found I wasn't in love with any of the colors this month or some of the past months, but still found myself not skipping a month because I wanted that little box in the mail. Yes, I have a problem and really do hope to cut down on a couple of them (maybe).

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm tempted to buy a mini from GlitterDaze to try them out before subbing to a box - they have some interesting glitters/colors but I'm hesitant to jump on the sub box til I get a feel for the quality of the polish.

It's interesting that many of the 'indie' brands refer to their polishes as 'custom'. The polish that Glitter Guilty made especially for you based on your preferences, that's what I think of as custom. Maybe it has more meanings than I have in mind.

I LOVE YOUR DREAM!! I would sign up today! Haha

I got my shipping notice today!
party.gif

I have a subscription to Glittery Guilty which I've been enjoying, GlitterDaze and Pistol Polish look interesting,

Originally Posted by rubyjuls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a subscription to Glittery Guilty which I've been enjoying, GlitterDaze and Pistol Polish look interesting,
Please post pics!

This was my April Glitter Guilty box.  I didn't take a picture of my May one, but will take a picture of my June tomorrow.  I happened to get a golden ticket in April which meant I got extra candies and a mini of my choice. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back