GlitterDaze Nail Polish Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excuse my ignorance but how do I find blog sales?
Type 'nail polish blog sale' into your search engine (Google, Bing, whatever you use). Or, the blog Pointless Café keeps a list of a bunch of them on one of her blog pages. There is also a very active section of livejournal.com especially for polish sales--lots of indies there. My recommendation is to only buy using PayPal and only from people who are willing to invoice you rather than the gift option, so that PayPal will refund you if there is any kind of fraud.

The GlitterDaze sub ships from TX, by the way, if anyone is interested. The tracking says expected delivery by June 10.
w00t.gif
 I'm not going to count on it, but I often get packages a day before the expected date.

Originally Posted by rubyjuls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was my April Glitter Guilty box.  I didn't take a picture of my May one, but will take a picture of my June tomorrow.  I happened to get a golden ticket in April which meant I got extra candies and a mini of my choice. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That looks like a lot of fun. Congrats on the golden ticket.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hm... not quite the right topic for this (I should probably stick it in the general new subs thread) but it's polish sub related so I'll just dump all the info here. Mods, feel free to split it into a new thread for new nail polish subs in general? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw a few other new polish subs pop up recently I don't think have been mentioned on MuT:

http://www.pistolpolish.com/ ($17.99 per month for 2 polishes)

http://www.colormemonthly.com/ ($7 per month for 1 polish)

http://www.glitterguilty.com/my-subscription/ ($15.99 for 1 full size, 1 mini, + 1 treat. FS polish in their shop is $8)

I know a few people in The Nail Collection thread mentioned it'd be cool to have sub boxes with more indie brands... It seems like all the boxes feature their own indie brand of polish. They also have all seemed to pop up since Square Hue started biting into a slice of the polish sub pie that had previously been exclusively Julep's. It'll be interesting to see how these do. I feel like more than anything else right now in beauty, the polish market is super saturated.

Anyone heard of these subs yet? :3
I might try Glitter Guilty after GlitterDaze, since it comes with one full and one mini. I would prefer the mini most of the time over the hand care. Does the $15.99 include shipping? EDIT: I just looked at the link and it does include shipping.

Originally Posted by rubyjuls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was my April Glitter Guilty box.  I didn't take a picture of my May one, but will take a picture of my June tomorrow.  I happened to get a golden ticket in April which meant I got extra candies and a mini of my choice. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That looks awesome! Do you know what color the grey one is? I love it! :)

Type 'nail polish blog sale' into your search engine (Google, Bing, whatever you use). Or, the blog Pointless Café keeps a list of a bunch of them on one of her blog pages. There is also a very active section of livejournal.com especially for polish sales--lots of indies there. My recommendation is to only buy using PayPal and only from people who are willing to invoice you rather than the gift option, so that PayPal will refund you if there is any kind of fraud. The GlitterDaze sub ships from TX, by the way, if anyone is interested. The tracking says expected delivery by June 10. :w00t:  I'm not going to count on it, but I often get packages a day before the expected date.
Thank you!!!

Thanks for posting a pic! Everything looks so pretty and the colors look great too. Btw I had to email a question through the contact us page and I got a response within minutes so she is very responsive and super nice too.

I just received my GlitterDaze box! I'm in the lowest level, so I get one full-sized polish and one product, plus the donation.

Picture under the cut.

The polish looks very pretty in person, really loaded with small glitter in a beautiful sky blue base. It's perfect for the upcoming patriotic holiday. I'm looking forward to next month's box already!
  I'm a little apprehensive about the DBP in the top coat, but I'm finding it impossible to find top coats that are actually 3-free anyway. I appreciate her warning regarding it and will just be sure to apply it carefully, which I guess I should be doing anyway!
ETA: Macro of the polish, American Royalty, on a white index card. I accidentally used too much, but you get the idea.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by whompidy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a little apprehensive about the DBP in the top coat, but I'm finding it impossible to find top coats that are actually 3-free anyway. I appreciate her warning regarding it and will just be sure to apply it carefully, which I guess I should be doing anyway!

Regarding topcoats, I think the one I use is 3-free, and it's actually pretty good.  It's Mavala Colorfix, and their products are currently buy 2 get 1 free at Ulta.  Here's a list of the ingredients:

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic, Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, n-Butyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Violet #2 (CI 60725).

Unless DBP, Formaldehyde and Tolulene go by other names that I'm not aware of, I think this one's safe!

My tracking says Out for Delivery, so I should get my GlitterDaze box when I come home from work. My favorite top coat is Poshe, and it is 3-free. I usually get it at CVS or Sally Beauty. It is quick-drying, just slightly slower than Seche Vite (which is very far from being 3-free; so smelly).

I just received my GlitterDaze box! I'm in the lowest level, so I get one full-sized polish and one product, plus the donation.

Picture under the cut.

The polish looks very pretty in person, really loaded with small glitter in a beautiful sky blue base. It's perfect for the upcoming patriotic holiday. I'm looking forward to next month's box already!
ETA: Macro of the polish, American Royalty, on a white index card. I accidentally used too much, but you get the idea.
icon_redface.gif

That is so pretty!

Picture under the cut.

icon_redface.gif

I think I'm in love with the bottle for the mini. It's a mini, but doesn't look like one. It almost looks like a similar size/shape bottle that Hits Specialita uses, and the reason why I love Julep's packaging.  I think I may have to buy some minis off her site now!

I'm so happy there are 3-free topcoats available at my local drugstore. I will definitely look for this one!

I like all the colors I've seen in people's boxes so far! I'm really hoping I get the

peony scented cuticle stick

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like all the colors I've seen in people's boxes so far! I'm really hoping I get the

peony scented cuticle stick

That sounds awesome!

I ordered some of their polishes and I love it! I think I'm gonna subscribe very soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hmm... which sub should I cut for this one.

This looks great! Much more interesting to me than Julep. I could axe Julep and come over. . The spoilers look promising and love the idea of supporting another indie!

She sent me a link to take the polish preference questionnaire, that means July boxes are close! I'm really looking forward to this one. So far, I haven't seen a box I didn't like :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back