Glossybox August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lid seal is stripped though, so it never finally tightens. It just keeps spinning and never stops.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The lid seal is stripped though, so it never finally tightens. It just keeps spinning and never stops.
Can you pull the square part off vertically?

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My polish is messed up. I emailed them and haven't heard back. The cap is obviously crooked and seems stripped as it won't even tighten, just keeps spinning. So the polish is goopy and I don't even deem it usable.

My Purity was goopy too! If I only applied one layer, it doesn't come out evenly at all. If I applied two layers, the color is way too deep...! Is it just me or what..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my goodness, that confirmation is hysterical! I must have glazed over mine or something because I don't recall seeing it (and I have a feeling I'd remember that lol!). Too funny!
Hahah right? I literally rolled my eyes.

Let's see if I can get the picture thing to work...  

I actually really like my illamasqua.  I got alarm.  I was kind of meh about the color at first because I NEVER wear red nails.  Sometimes on my toes but like, twice a year.  Red's not really a great color on me usually - it somehow interferes with my coloring.  This one though has a touch of orange to it, which makes it awesome on me.  I put it on my toes and then liked it so much I did my fingers too!  Application-wise, I didn't find it gloopy at all.  I didn't bother with a base or top coat and did only one coat.  It's so shiny all by itself.  I'll be curious to see how long it lasts!

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can you pull the square part off vertically?
Nope.

I've emailed CS about it, but based on what I've heard about their CS, I'm not expecting them do much about it.

Nice, that color looks great!

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually really like my illamasqua.  I got alarm.  I was kind of meh about the color at first because I NEVER wear red nails.  Sometimes on my toes but like, twice a year.  Red's not really a great color on me usually - it somehow interferes with my coloring.  This one though has a touch of orange to it, which makes it awesome on me.  I put it on my toes and then liked it so much I did my fingers too!  Application-wise, I didn't find it gloopy at all.  I didn't bother with a base or top coat and did only one coat.  It's so shiny all by itself.  I'll be curious to see how long it lasts!

About the Illamasqua -- I'm not really a nail polish junkie, as I have my pedis done at the salon usually and rarely paint my fingernails at all. I usually remove my nail polish with a non-acetone remover, but I keep a regular strengthening remover as well. The Illamasqua (two coats of Purity, no top or base coat) would not BUDGE with the non-acetone remover. I have had resistance removing polish with non-acetone in the past, but never complete refusal to cooperate haha! It came off easily with the regular remover, though. I just thought that was interesting. It really did wear well, as I have mentioned before, despite the less-than-stellar application.

Speaking of Illamasqua, I just found this out today, but did anyone else not know it's owned by Kryolan (cosmetics)?

I read about it in article a year ago while I was researching Illamasqua foundations. I stumbled upon a couple websites about it, but never thought much of it. It was something about illamasqua being a fancier version of kryolan. And then something about illamasqua is a repackaged from kryolan cosmetics. I really can't remember the details. I have two of Illamasqua's foundation but I never tried Kryolan. I can't really compare the two if they're actually similar. 

It looks really nice. My silver is super streaky and I really wish it wasn't. One word though, you might want to wear a base coat under the red even if you forego the topcoat. Most red polishes stain the nail.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Speaking of Illamasqua, I just found this out today, but did anyone else not know it's owned by Kryolan (cosmetics)?
Didn't know that either. Hmm.

That is gorgeous. I wish I had Alarm now.:)

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It looks really nice. My silver is super streaky and I really wish it wasn't. One word though, you might want to wear a base coat under the red even if you forego the topcoat. Most red polishes stain the nail.
I've found I get more staining from dark colors than from reds (Zoya's Edyta was so bad I had to buff the hell out of my nails to get those stains gone, even my usual tooth-whitening gel trick didn't budge it. I looked like a corpse)

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've found I get more staining from dark colors than from reds (Zoya's Edyta was so bad I had to buff the hell out of my nails to get those stains gone, even my usual tooth-whitening gel trick didn't budge it. I looked like a corpse)
Yeah, with greens I always do a base coat.  I figure with red it'll be a little pink, but at least won't look like I have an alien fungus.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, with greens I always do a base coat.  I figure with red it'll be a little pink, but at least won't look like I have an alien fungus.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
LOL! I actually started branching out into bold nail colors this morning - I have always been a pinks/neutrals kind of gal but the duochrome lured me into trying Zoya Ki in the recent BOGO and I just put it on. Here's hoping I did a good job with my base coat!!

Ooohhh! Le sigh. FINALLY received my August box today and I feel like the beauty gods are rewarding me for having to wait sooooooo long to get it. I received the polish in purity and the Ellis Faas L305. Overall pretty happy with this one.

Does anyone else who got the color in Purity think it looks like you painted your nail with concealer?  Maybe it is too close to my skin color but the look is not appealing on me!

I own several Illamasqua polishes before receiving Taint in my box. I've learned that a good base coat is pretty much required, or there will be yellowing regardless of the color polish used.  Having said that, I love their colors, and I'm a bit nerdy when I say that Velocity is a pretty close dupe to the dusky lilac-ish color Amy Pond wears on Doctor Who.

Also, since I own Radium and it seems that was one of their colors in the box - I've noticed that while the bottle shows that gorgeous shimmer, it doesn't translate well once it's applied to fingernails.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone else who got the color in Purity think it looks like you painted your nail with concealer?  Maybe it is too close to my skin color but the look is not appealing on me!
Yeah...I think it's cute in the bottle but I haaaate it on me...it looks bad with my skin, and the finish is blah. Just not impressed with it.

Ok glad I am not the only one!   I was so excited to try this brand and I thought the color was pretty and swatched it on my nail and was like "Wait, what?"  Maybe it is suppose to be peach on, but it literally looks like I painted my nail in concealer!  Lol Similar to how the Kyrolan in the "launch" box looked!  

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah...I think it's cute in the bottle but I haaaate it on me...it looks bad with my skin, and the finish is blah. Just not impressed with it.

Latest posts

Back