Glossybox August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok glad I am not the only one!   I was so excited to try this brand and I thought the color was pretty and swatched it on my nail and was like "Wait, what?"  Maybe it is suppose to be peach on, but it literally looks like I painted my nail in concealer!  Lol Similar to how the Kyrolan in the "launch" box looked!  
If it's on the white-ish side, maybe you can try using it as a base to deepen/brighten other nail colors on top? 

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok glad I am not the only one!   I was so excited to try this brand and I thought the color was pretty and swatched it on my nail and was like "Wait, what?"  Maybe it is suppose to be peach on, but it literally looks like I painted my nail in concealer!  Lol Similar to how the Kyrolan in the "launch" box looked!  
If it's on the white-ish side, maybe you can try using it as a base to deepen/brighten other nail colors on top? 

That's not a bad idea...I'll try it. I'd hate to waste it but I am just not going to be wearing it. I've tried twice.

The last two Glossyboxes have combined to make my new favorite product!  I love the Senna lip gloss (I got Chocolate Cherry) with a bit of the Ellis Faas dabbed on top to deepen the color.  I love the shine, and the staying power. 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's not a bad idea...I'll try it. I'd hate to waste it but I am just not going to be wearing it. I've tried twice.
I have some nude polishes I use underneath more sheer colors.  It works out fantastically and better than white since it blends into your skin tone.

In regards to Purity: I put a fine gold glitter polish over the top, and it really made a difference. It softened the bright peach and warmed it up a bit. In fact, I got more compliments that way than with the polish on its own. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

For those of you that loved the Ellis Faas I saw the new site Coterie is going to be having Ellis Faas on there.  As far as I know Coterie is like a Hautelook/Ideeli and if you search the butter london $11 deal thread there is more info on there.  I have a $25 coupon and since I got a color that wasn't for me I may look into it!

Originally Posted by singerchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In regards to Purity: I put a fine gold glitter polish over the top, and it really made a difference. It softened the bright peach and warmed it up a bit. In fact, I got more compliments that way than with the polish on its own.
smile.gif
Oooh I'll try this. I feel so insecure everytime I wear Purity on its own since it's so bright!

Back