Glossybox August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me - but I'm in California.  And my problem is the Bell Gardens hub where Newgistics and Mail Innovations drops off to USPS.  

I don't know WHAT is happening down there, but my Birchbox sat in Bell for 3 weeks and just finally got to me.  Now my Glossybox has been there since the 30th with no movement.  I never used to have this problem with USPS, but this sucks.
Well I called Newgistics today because I wanted to see if there was any way to pick up my box from wherever it is in my city and was told that due to Hurricane Isaac that several facilities shut down and that I should definitely have it by next week.  Well, I would understand that IF my city had been affected by the hurricane, but it was not.

Originally Posted by redfox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I called Newgistics today because I wanted to see if there was any way to pick up my box from wherever it is in my city and was told that due to Hurricane Isaac that several facilities shut down and that I should definitely have it by next week.  Well, I would understand that IF my city had been affected by the hurricane, but it was not.
But cities in between may well have been, plus with the various closures, there is less staffing for the "back end" of things. 

Originally Posted by redfox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's weird. My city was right in the middle of it, and I got my box DURING the storm. I was shocked the mail even ran that day.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I have runny polishes I usually put on multiple coats that are very thin. That way they don't get all dripping looking or pool up. My polish wasn't runny but it was streaky even after 3 coats. The good news is that my daughters like it.
I did the same. I used thin multiple coats. It turned out fine after two coats and a top coat. 

Mine was not fun to apply -- it was goopy. I didn't attempt to thin it out, but went ahead and did a full (lazy) manicure (two coats, no base or top coat). I have short nails and I'm really hard on them, so my nails usually end up looking terrible after a couple of days max. I have now been wearing Purity for five days and it's only now beginning to chip. I'm not crazy about the color on me (my husband agreed; he said it was "a weird color" on me haha), but I like how long it lasted. There are a couple of flaws in the polish that I probably could have fixed if I weren't being lazy, but which wouldn't have been a problem if the polish weren't streaky/goopy to begin with. Overall, I don't think I'd buy the polish unless there were some amazing color I couldn't find somewhere else, but it was nice to get it.

Found this in google images :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
LL
Yes, if the glossy lips are applied heavily they will look like that but when I put it on I apply a very small amount and use the brush to spread it thin (like a stain) and then use my finger to pat it and spread the color around even more. At this point it is a gorgeous sheer wash of color. You might be surprised at how wearable it can be.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can anybody help me how to use this color? I am TAN so I doubt I couldn't pull it off. I want to trade but I cant go to PO because I work in the morning and always travel in the weekends.
I got the same color. I've tried putting it on very lightly and it gives me just a bit of color and shine - nothing like the fondue lips! I have to admit, although I like browns, this one's not my fave. It might be nice worn over other colors. I haven't tried that yet.

The rest of the surveys are up on my account (began with 3, now 2 more are up - Ole Henriksen and Touch in Sol). Wanted to let you ladies know so you can go check as well! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, in regards to the Illamasqua polish, I know there were complaints about the square cap interfering and making it harder to apply. After some fiddling around, I think the bottles are similar to Chanel nail polish bottles in that you can remove the square top and grip the smaller one underneath. At least that was my experience but who knows, I may have a faulty bottle lol.

Originally Posted by TinaMarina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same color. I've tried putting it on very lightly and it gives me just a bit of color and shine - nothing like the fondue lips! I have to admit, although I like browns, this one's not my fave. It might be nice worn over other colors. I haven't tried that yet.

It really doesn't work on me. The lip color slips off my lips and looks like I am a messy chocolate eater. Wearing it alone looks like I am celebrating Halloween soooo early. On the other hand, I tried to mix it with some different reds that I have, it somewhat worked. I mixed it with OCC Liptar NSFW and it looked okay. I will retry tomorrow with better lighting.

I just signed up for a 3-month plan with NYFW code which gives you a fourth box. The code works but am I supposed to receive any kind of confirmation that I will be receiving a fourth box free? I don't want to deal with their customer service 4 months down the road with nothing to prove for. 
sadno.gif
 And does this also pause my current general subscription? 

My order ended up being $65.85 including tax which means each box is about $16.46 whereas my general subscription is $23.05 per month. Great save...as long as they give me the confirmation for that fourth box somewhere! Did anyone else try this code?

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just signed up for a 3-month plan with NYFW code which gives you a fourth box. The code works but am I supposed to receive any kind of confirmation that I will be receiving a fourth box free? I don't want to deal with their customer service 4 months down the road with nothing to prove for. 
sadno.gif
 And does this also pause my current general subscription? 

My order ended up being $65.85 including tax which means each box is about $16.46 whereas my general subscription is $23.05 per month. Great save...as long as they give me the confirmation for that fourth box somewhere! Did anyone else try this code?
I 'm not sure about the 4th box, but it doesn't pause your monthly. Cancel the monthly for now.

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I 'm not sure about the 4th box, but it doesn't pause your monthly. Cancel the monthly for now.
Do I have to call them to cancel? I can't find where on the website to cancel my general subscription.

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do I have to call them to cancel? I can't find where on the website to cancel my general subscription.
I emailed them, but calling seems to get you immediate results. Email took a couple days, just told them I bought a 3month subscription. I think their number is on facebook. Note that they operate M-F business hours.

Edit: (855) 738-1140

You can also cancel through your online GB account - click on 'recurring profiles' then the subscription you want to cancel. There is a button on the lower right that says 'cancel subscription.' I used this method to keep my R29 deal on my main account so that it would be easier to re-start my monthly sub once the R29 3 month sub runs out.

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them, but calling seems to get you immediate results. Email took a couple days, just told them I bought a 3month subscription. I think their number is on facebook. Note that they operate M-F business hours.

Edit: (855) 738-1140
I hate e-mailing Glossybox. Whoever is working at their customer service via e-mail gives really bland responses that don't really get you where you want to be. I e-mailed them and called earlier but they only receive calls from Monday-Friday 9am-6pm. The exact time frame that I won't be available. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can also cancel through your online GB account - click on 'recurring profiles' then the subscription you want to cancel. There is a button on the lower right that says 'cancel subscription.' I used this method to keep my R29 deal on my main account so that it would be easier to re-start my monthly sub once the R29 3 month sub runs out.
Oh nice! For some reason, that didn't work for me before...

I found the farewell confirmation hilarious...

[SIZE=12pt]Wait, you really want to cancel your Glossybox, not be informed first of the hottest beauty trends and leave the many nice beauty miniatures to other people?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE]{C}[SIZE=12pt]You give up your monthly surprise box full of luxury for self-indulging[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE]{C}[SIZE=12pt]You have to form an opinion under time and buying pressure for cosmetics again[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE]{C}[SIZE=12pt]You can't discover the latest trends by yourself. You'll miss exciting luxury brands of the next GlossyBox[/SIZE]
Wow, my old subscription was 2735. They've had over 10,000 orders since mine. xD

Oh nice! For some reason, that didn't work for me before... I found the farewell confirmation hilarious...
Wait, you really want to cancel your Glossybox, not be informed first of the hottest beauty trends and leave the many nice beauty miniatures to other people? ·[SIZE=7pt]        [/SIZE] {C}You give up your monthly surprise box full of luxury for self-indulging

·[SIZE=7pt]        [/SIZE] {C}You have to form an opinion under time and buying pressure for cosmetics again

·[SIZE=7pt]        [/SIZE] {C}You can't discover the latest trends by yourself. You'll miss exciting luxury brands of the next GlossyBox
Wow, my old subscription was 2735. They've had over 10,000 orders since mine. xD Oh my goodness, that confirmation is hysterical! I must have glazed over mine or something because I don't recall seeing it (and I have a feeling I'd remember that lol!). Too funny!

My polish is messed up. I emailed them and haven't heard back. The cap is obviously crooked and seems stripped as it won't even tighten, just keeps spinning. So the polish is goopy and I don't even deem it usable.

Try taking the square cap off - you'll be able to screw on the inner cap and your polish should seal. I wrote this post below on the page before. Hopefully doing so will help straighten out your polish cap!

Also, in regards to the Illamasqua polish, I know there were complaints about the square cap interfering and making it harder to apply. After some fiddling around, I think the bottles are similar to Chanel nail polish bottles in that you can remove the square top and grip the smaller one underneath. At least that was my experience but who knows, I may have a faulty bottle lol.

Latest posts

Back