Glossybox August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody in the Bay Area got theirs yet? I'm so disappointed it shipped late and no movement for days now.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anybody in the Bay Area got theirs yet? I'm so disappointed it shipped late and no movement for days now.

i received mine the 28th/29th... i forgot which date but one of those :/ hopefully you can get your box soon! :]

So... I tried the Ellis Faas (Creamy Lips L105 - Rusty Brown) and hated it because it was too dark. It actually would be a great shade for me if I were into deeper shades and didn't feel like dark shades emphasized my not-so-attractive braces. Today, however, I gave it another shot. I only put a little dab on my lower lip, then used my finger to apply it to the rest of my upper and lower lip areas. Um, y'all. It made SUCH a pretty stain-like color! I have very fair skin with golden undertones and dark blue eyes (they look brown in pictures because they are so dark, but definitely grey-blue, not brown) with dark honey-blonde hair. The slight orange hue of the color brightened my eyes and worked perfectly with my complexion. I used a sheer red Pixi gel blush, foundation/concealer and the Beauty Addicts Show Off mascara, for a flushed, feminine, youthful look. I really liked it. I was totally blown away that I went from expecting to hate it to genuinely thinking I might actually wear this out where people can see me! I'd probably still never buy this, though, because the packaging is just so odd, haha. I actually kind of like unique packaging, but I feel like the $35 cost of this has gone more toward the packaging than the product. I do very much like that it doesn't smell/taste like anything. I hate the nasty lipstick-y, waxy smell many lipsticks emit.

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Holy crap. So in love with EVERY SINGLE THING in this box. 

Here's my review. The box is worth $92.92. HOLY SHET.

http://beautyoutloud.blogspot.com/2012/09/glossybox-august-2012.html
I also (reluctantly) tried the Touch in Sol Feel Like Honey Moon Skin Base (what a name!), and was thrilled with that. I might actually buy this if it continues to work so well. I actually only tried this today because I saw murflegirl's previous post about it. I have combination skin and often find my t-zone oily a few hours after applying foundation. This stuff felt great, gave my skin a nice, natural matte finish, reduced the appearance of my pores instantly, and only felt sticky/tacky for about 5-10 seconds until it was absorbed. My foundation looked great on top of it all day, too. What a great day for discovery. I am thrilled. Thank you, murflegirl for encouraging me to try this! Your enthusiasm made me open the box for the first time since receiving it over a week ago! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also (reluctantly) tried the Touch in Sol Feel Like Honey Moon Skin Base (what a name!), and was thrilled with that. I might actually buy this if it continues to work so well. I actually only tried this today because I saw murflegirl's previous post about it. I have combination skin and often find my t-zone oily a few hours after applying foundation. This stuff felt great, gave my skin a nice, natural matte finish, reduced the appearance of my pores instantly, and only felt sticky/tacky for about 5-10 seconds until it was absorbed. My foundation looked great on top of it all day, too. What a great day for discovery. I am thrilled. Thank you, murflegirl for encouraging me to try this! Your enthusiasm made me open the box for the first time since receiving it over a week ago! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Awww, thanks so much darling!

With my combination skin, I don't often throw caution to the wind like that and just TRY something. But you're right, it's awesome. I hope my skin continues to react well to it - if so, I will definitely be trying to find the full size. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Glad you stepped out of your comfort zone!

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in San Francisco and I received mine on the 30th. It should pass by Richmond, CA if you're in the Bay Area...

I finally opened my box today (after being away for a week) and I got the Ellis Faas in L107 and the Illmasqua in Purity.   I would love to trade both for other colors or other items. Send me a message if you are interested.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by singerchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally got mine! It showed up before the tracking updated, so if your tracking has stalled, there is still hope! I actually got mine a couple of days ago, so I've gotten to play with everything, and I LOVE this box!!!

Ellis Faas in L209 toffee beige and Llama Squama in Purity: I'm a redhead, so these work perfectly with my Casper-like coloring. Not crazy about the polish's texture, but the color is really pretty.

Adore the vitamin c serum. It smells soooo good, and my skin already looks brighter. The primer feels amazing, and works well, so far. Hair oil is...well, it's hair oil.
rolleyes.gif

All in all, I couldn't be happier with this box. Plus, my husband says he feels safer now that I have an Ellis Faas silver bullet/stake. I can take out both werewolves and vampires with my lipgloss, which may make me the perfect woman.
biggrin.gif
HAHA! That's what my boyfriend said. A silver stake for Vampires! HAHA!

I'm loving the honey base as well. It's sticky when you pat it on but once it dries it's fine. Plus, I think if it's sticky it's holding my BB cream on better.
patches.gif

Just a quick post that both Ellis Faas Glazed Lips L302 and Creamy Lips L107 is still up for trade for a few more day before they get donated. PM if interested.

I managed to get one of the brown Glazed Lips (L302). Would anyone with a red/pink based shade be up for a swap?

I'm beyond unhappy with my box. I cancelled because the $21/month just wasn't worth it. I got the bright green polish, which just isn't for me and the formula sucked. So streaky. The gloss was too dark and sticky for me and took way too long to get product to twist up. The primer base was the only thing I enjoyed. So while there was great value this time around, I just don't use enough of my samples (usually only 1 each box) to justify keeping the sub. I wanted to and was hoping to stay on for the R29 box, but I'd rather spend my $21 on one high end product I'm pining for.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm loving the honey base as well. It's sticky when you pat it on but once it dries it's fine. Plus, I think if it's sticky it's holding my BB cream on better.
patches.gif
I love it. I put it under a layer of powder on my way to Texas from Indiana and drove in a car with no air conditioning for 17 hours and still didn't look like a sweat machine when I got to my destination. I'm sold.

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in San Francisco and I received mine on the 30th. It should pass by Richmond, CA if you're in the Bay Area...
Mine just got to Richmond today. Hopefully it doesn't sit there too long. It feels like everyone has had their boxes forever!

I decided to cancel and resubscribe through the refinery29 deal. Then I forgot to put my voucher code in when I resubscribed so it charged my card! So far no response to my email seeing if I can cancel that one and resubmit with the code I already paid for! 

I guess I'm not getting a GlossyBox this month. I wouldn't have canceled my monthly sub for the 3 month if I knew it started in October. I'm a little pizzed because the check out page definitely said that I would be receiving a box between August 26th-31st. 

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone been able to fill out their surveys for glossydots?
No, and that really annoys me. Glossybox is my favorite sub so far, and I've been really pleased with my boxes and everything, but their communication is crappy slow confusing and the surveys take way too long to be available. Maybe they want us to have a honeymoon period with everything before letting us rate? I wish they would send an email or something when the stuff was ready to review. You know, how Sephora sends that email (they are marketing geniuses over at Sephora) asking you to review a recent purchase... why doesn't GB have something automated like that? It would make so much sense! I'm guessing that is a service that they would have to pay for, and I'm happy to not pay more than I'm already paying... but gee, it would be nice.

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess it's coming nextweek? No movement still. I live in Emeryville.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, and that really annoys me. Glossybox is my favorite sub so far, and I've been really pleased with my boxes and everything, but their communication is crappy slow confusing and the surveys take way too long to be available. Maybe they want us to have a honeymoon period with everything before letting us rate? I wish they would send an email or something when the stuff was ready to review. You know, how Sephora sends that email (they are marketing geniuses over at Sephora) asking you to review a recent purchase... why doesn't GB have something automated like that? It would make so much sense! I'm guessing that is a service that they would have to pay for, and I'm happy to not pay more than I'm already paying... but gee, it would be nice.
I called them this morning and they said the surveys would be loaded by the end of the week. Guess they want to make sure we try the items before filling them out? 

They always tell me the end of the week when I ask. Even if the first time I asked already passed. Plus my last surveys were for items I didn't even receive.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back