Glossybox Bergdorf Goodman Gift Card Hauls

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

So excited. Perused BG for days. 

Decided on a Clinique duo eye shadow in twilight mauve/brandied plum. According to color swatches on line it has medium and deep bluish purple colors.  What I received looked like a grayish white and a dusky hint of purple color. I realize computer colors are not exact but this wasn't even close. Checked all the paperwork to see if I was sent something different than what I ordered but the numbers and name of product checked out.

Decided to try it thinking maybe it showed up better on my eyes....huge mistake. There is NO color payoff to these Clinique shadows, I tried building up the color but it wouldn't build. Within an hour, I had no eye shadow on so no staying power either.  Read the return policy and because I tried the shadow I can't return it.  So disappointed. Hate Clinique eye shadow, it is worthless and now I don't have the gift card to get something good.
So sorry this happened to you. Hope you are able to  get a refund or an exchange.

It's not beauty related, but I got a couple of scarves with my 2 gift cards:

LCD0PFB_mx.jpg
LCD0Q6F_mx.jpg

In a spoiler because the photos are huge. I've really gotten into to scarves lately.

LCD0PFB_mx.jpg
LCD0Q6F_mx.jpg

In a spoiler because the photos are huge. I've really gotten into to scarves lately.
Good choices! They are really pretty! I had actually eyeballed them already, but...makeups... lol

Oof I just spent waaaay too much at NM, even with the 10% off and $50 in giftcards (wish I knew the ebates 8% was one day only!). I'm justifying this with the fact that I usually spend money on skincare so I don't have a lot of makeup essentials (seriously, I don't own foundation). I got:

Tom Ford lipstick in Indian Rose

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation

Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer

Chanel Small Contour and Shadow Brush

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lip Lift

Lancome Lip #9 Brush

Free Bag o' Samples

BGC1JJ5_mg.jpg

Shiseido Dual Balancing FoundationItem: BGS14_C1JJ5Color: B20Qty: 1$38.50Gift Packaging: YESIn StockShip: Via Standard(3-5 business days)

BGC0XA0_mg.jpg

Shiseido Perfect Foundation BrushItem: BGS14_C0XA0Qty: 1$30.00Gift Packaging: YESIn StockShip: Via Standard(3-5 business days)

BGC1K84_mg.jpg

Orlane B21 Extraordinaire, 1mlItem: BGS14_C1K84Qty: 1$0.00PromotionShip: Via Standard(3-5 business days)

BGC1FWV_mg.jpg

Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating ConcentrateItem: BGS14_C1FWVQty: 1$0.00PromotionShip: Via Standard(3-5 business days)

I made my purchase. I just had my heart set on that brush. And I have this weird thing where if a brush is a certain brand I prefer to use it with that brands product. (My mac brushes are for my mac eyeshadows >.<)  

Aw man I forgot to use ebates!! Oh well there goes three bucks :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Anyways, I had $0.84 left on a giftcard, it's less than a buck but if it helps, it helps:

CIN: 5029

LCD0PFB_mx.jpg
LCD0Q6F_mx.jpg

So pretty!

Eeeek!  My items arrived and the Jo Malone packaging is amazing!  If a guy filled my bathroom with boxes full of Jo Malone bath oils, I would have a hard time not marrying him!
Love Jo Malone! What scents did you get?

I got the lipstick in this photo, it's color 165 Champs-Élysées and a Clinique polish in really rio.

I also have $1.50 left on one of my gift cards if anyone wants it.

image.jpg

I ended up getting the Giles & Brother Personalized Skinny Railroad Spike Bracelet ($55) and a Bobbi Brown lip liner ($22) for my mom because she refuses to spend so much on a single lip product. XD So I thought it'd be nice to treat her to something she wouldn't buy herself. 

It took FOREVER for me to get through to CS since the bracelet required calling in for the personalization and it won't ship out until late June, but it was well worth it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

How long did it take to get the Welcome code to work. It has been a couple of days since I signed up for emails and the code doesn't work for me. I was wanting to place my order.

How long did it take to get the Welcome code to work. It has been a couple of days since I signed up for emails and the code doesn't work for me. I was wanting to place my order.
I've done it with two email addresses and both times it showed up at 11 AM two days after I signed up. Slooooooow.

Placed my order yaaaay! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Ended up with:

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia

Guerlain Les Voilettes Pressed Powder

and the Camp Gorgeous GWP. I chose orange because orange seems like a nice beach bag color. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The powder was an impulse pick. I've been wanting to try it for a while now, but hadn't planned on getting it. (I wanted more Chantecaille glosses!) However I got so annoyed by Neiman's website that I ended up just chucking it in and going with it. Nevertheless, I'm excited!

... it seems like I have a real Guerlain obsession, ha ha.

I'm currently working on narrowing down my cart. I'll either be getting the YSL Creme de Blush in Rose Quartz & YSL La Laque in Beige Leger for a total of $33 out of pocket not counting tax (with the 10% discount), or the 1.7 oz Prada Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum for $48.50 out of pocket (with discount/not counting tax). Decisions, decisions!

Back