GLOSSYBOX + Bergdorf Goodman May 2014 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My BG beauty army that I plan on sending in to Glossybox headquarters to shake them down!  :bringiton:  You may notice I'm missing a Atelier, so I'm emailing them tomorrow about that, unless my army gets there first!  :lol:

May Glossybox Bergdorf Goodman4.jpg
SO much of that Kevyn Aucoin Curling Mascara! So jelly! No one seems to be trading it.

OMgosh! That is all so head banging craaaaazy! I would be so frustrated! You deserve many many many brownie points for extreme patience with having your boxes and gift-cards dangled in front of you and then snatched away. MULTIPLE TIMES! And the folks that have ordered boxes like Kelly Silva who posted above. You all deserve special Glossybox awards!
Good luck! You do have great patience! :)
Good News, I just got home from my vacation, today. All 4 of my boxes came while I was gone and are sitting here waiting on me. Thank goodness I came home today, since all the Gift Cards expired today. I was still issued a refund. So I'm really not going to complain. I spent so many hours on this order it's unreal.

Despite that, I had full orders ready to go at both Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. I went to NM first and entered my GC cards & they worked. My order is placed. I was sure I would miss the bonus for NM.

All four of my boxes are this one.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to check this out... I put a $10 item in my cart and it added the orange NM bonus bag with just the $10 item. I just couldn't resist. For $10+tax, I got something that I'd been curious about (but didn't get with my BG gift card order) and a gift for my Summerswap buddy!
They must have fixed this loophole! Didn't work for me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still haven't even gotten a reply from them yet. I called on the 31st & they told me that my boxes were being sent back to me & still haven't received tracking or a refund. I kept trying to call them today & every time I called I got a response saying all reps were busy & to email them. I'm just going to file a dispute with paypal at this point.
I have 4 emails from them saying my box that never shipped is coming with no movement in that direction. Just emailed them AGAIN and told them if it's not leaving tomorrow to refund me and issue a BG gift card. So done with their bs. I mean come on, how can you oversell if you know you have X amount. This order was placed in EARLY May also. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@ @@SaraP I received the KA mascara and it already hit the can.   For me, it failed my one simple test - Stay on my lashes and not under my eyes.   It had a curved wand which I think was meant to do the curl part.  I am not disappointed as I have a mascara that works great for me.   Cheaper too.  It was still nice to give it a try and frankly sometimes I am relieved I don't love everything that comes in these boxes.  It gets pricey.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really love the KA curling mascara! For years I've been trying to find a replacement for Diorshow, which irritates my eyes, and this may be it. Stays put all day for me, lifts, separates, lengthens, and curls. The only problem - and, admittedly, it's kind of a big one - is that it's very, very difficult to remove. The little fibers ball up and get everywhere! 

I just really wanted to try it because I LOVED this UD curling mascara that I got as a GWP at Ulta. It was so perfect for when I was too lazy to actually curl my lashes haha. Plus I wanted to try everything from the BG boxes and it's the only thing I haven't been able to get.

@ @@SaraP I received the KA mascara and it already hit the can.   For me, it failed my one simple test - Stay on my lashes and not under my eyes.   It had a curved wand which I think was meant to do the curl part.  I am not disappointed as I have a mascara that works great for me.   Cheaper too.  It was still nice to give it a try and frankly sometimes I am relieved I don't love everything that comes in these boxes.  It gets pricey.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Which mascara works great for you?

@@Beautyboxgal ~  I am using Clinique High Impact waterproof mascara.   I received it in a Clinique gift bag after giving up on mascara for many years because it always ended up under my eyes.  I figured it was me until I tried this one.

I guess I'm fortunate, that I'm not having issues with Glossybox (I've had the best luck contacting them via Facebook), but with the USPS...that's a totally different story! Glossybox was nice enough to send a replacement box to me after the original box was returned to them, and this is where my second box ends up...

Your Item Status:

Your item is out for delivery in HEBRON, KY 41048.

-Sorting Complete, June 17, 2014, 8:03 am, HEBRON, KY 41048

-Arrival at Post Office, June 17, 2014, 3:16 am, HEBRON, KY 41048

-Processed through USPS Sort Facility, June 12, 2014, 1:10 am, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

-Processed through USPS Sort Facility, June 11, 2014, 5:47 pm, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

-Depart USPS Sort Facility, June 11, 2014, 3:04 am, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

-Processed through USPS Sort Facility, June 10, 2014, 9:43 pm, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

-Depart USPS Sort Facility, June 9, 2014, 8:30 pm, GREENVILLE, SC 29607

-Processed at USPS Destination Sort Facility, June 9, 2014, 7:24 pm, GREENVILLE, SC 29607

-Accepted at USPS Destination Sort Facility, June 9, 2014, 6:09 pm, DUNCAN, SC 29334

-Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 7, 2014

-Departed Shipping Partner Facility, June 6, 2014, 9:16 am, ATLANTA, GA 30349

-Departed Shipping Partner Facility, June 5, 2014, 4:20 pm, FISHERS, IN 46037

-Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, June 5, 2014, 9:28 am, FISHERS, IN 46037

-Departed Shipping Partner Facility, June 5, 2014, 1:02 am, HEBRON, KY 41048

-Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, June 4, 2014, 6:25 pm, HEBRON, KY 41048

How can it be out for delivery in KY when I live in CA? Not to mention I am only an hour and twenty minutes south of the Bell Gardens sorting facility... ::bangs head::

We'll see what Glossybox says. I'm not frustrated with them, but the USPS system is ridiculous...a refund would be fine with me at this point.

I just really wanted to try it because I LOVED this UD curling mascara that I got as a GWP at Ulta. It was so perfect for when I was too lazy to actually curl my lashes haha. Plus I wanted to try everything from the BG boxes and it's the only thing I haven't been able to get.
I'm glad to hear about the UD curling mascara, that'll be the next sample for me to try. I'm currently using the Benefit mascara, and I'm actually not a fan of it...the brush is terrible! My lashes are always clumpy! It is just their sample size though, I'm sure the regular brush works better...or I hope...

I received another tracking number after emailing them again asking for a status update or a refund. I'm not sure why it takes so long to reship a box, but I'm getting frustrated having to bug them and track down my box when they didn't write a complete address on it to begin with.

I received another tracking number after emailing them again asking for a status update or a refund. I'm not sure why it takes so long to reship a box, but I'm getting frustrated having to bug them and track down my box when they didn't write a complete address on it to begin with.
Good luck!

I really hate everyone having such bad luck with communication from Glossybox!

They responded to my request and are giving me a refund/credit since the USPS can't seem to ship a box properly...

Back