GLOSSYBOX + Bergdorf Goodman May 2014 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what i got:

SURVEY

AMOUNT

STATUS

cavier_cc_2.jpg

ALTERNA HAIRCARE (CAVIAR CC Cream)

INCOMPLETE

atelier.jpg

ATELIER COLOGNE (Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue)

INCOMPLETE

lancer_liftserum.jpg

LANCER SKINCARE (Lift Serum Intense)

INCOMPLETE

napoleon.jpg

NAPOLEON PERDIS (Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer)

INCOMPLETE

revive1.jpg

REVIVE SKINCARE (Intensité Volumizing Eye Serum)

INCOMPLETE

hourglass.jpg

HOURGLASS COSMETICS (Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara)

INCOMPLETE
I got my last box on Monday and it was exactly like this with a BG gift certificate that had a July 15th expiration date. I still haven't used that certificate yet, for I received my Neiman Marcus order arrived and I'm exploring the many sample I received in the box before I decide how I want to use it. So for all that are waiting there will be plenty of time to use up any gift cards that arrive in these later boxes. And I'm betting that Glossybox will make good on any certificates in bouncing returned boxes that may have had the earlier date. BG still has the "Glossybox" offered for sale on their site,

Oh boy I am livid now...if you don't want a rant, skip this post. Supposedly my 4 gift boxes shipped, but my actual subscription that I paid for a month ago, was never reserved for me and they ran out and can't send it. I basically demanded a refund and a gift card as that was the only reason I purchased it. I have been in touch about my issues for weeks now and nothing was done. I told them I won't be ordering from them again and that this was ridiculous. I've heard so many bad things about their CS but never would I have realized it would be this bad.  :soap:

Oh boy I am livid now...if you don't want a rant, skip this post. Supposedly my 4 gift boxes shipped, but my actual subscription that I paid for a month ago, was never reserved for me and they ran out and can't send it. I basically demanded a refund and a gift card as that was the only reason I purchased it. I have been in touch about my issues for weeks now and nothing was done. I told them I won't be ordering from them again and that this was ridiculous. I've heard so many bad things about their CS but never would I have realized it would be this bad.  :soap:
This is just unacceptable. They really are the worst. They don't respond to e-mails and lie on the Facebook page. I went ahead and cancelled my account even though June is last month. I didn't want to risk paying another $60. If they don't send me my June box I will file a claim with American Express.

This is just unacceptable. They really are the worst. They don't respond to e-mails and lie on the Facebook page. I went ahead and cancelled my account even though June is last month. I didn't want to risk paying another $60. If they don't send me my June box I will file a claim with American Express.
Yeah I'm probably going to file a claim about my 4 gift boxes because they just shipped two days ago, and probably won't be here for another week if they even arrive. They kept telling me a promising me they would arrive by June 7. Fat load of bull.

You should complain to bg, just to let them know how this was handled! Seriously unbelievable! 

Yeah I'm probably going to file a claim about my 4 gift boxes because they just shipped two days ago, and probably won't be here for another week if they even arrive. They kept telling me a promising me they would arrive by June 7. Fat load of bull.
Yeah, the way they "handled" your issue was one of the factors in why I chose to unsubscribe. Thanks for sharing your story, and I'm sorry you had such an amazingly crappy experience. I would be livid.

You should complain to bg, just to let them know how this was handled! Seriously unbelievable! 
Hearing the reports about the CS there being sub par I don't know if I should bother. But I did send a lengthy email to Glossybox and hopefully management or someone gives me some sort of resolution. But maybe I'll copy a portion of that email and send it to BG. I was also upset to notice BG still has the boxes for sale.

I tried to make an order On Neiman Marcus today and was told by 2 different live chat reps that my gift card would only work on Bergdorf Goodman and not Neiman Marcus. Has this happened to anyone else?

GRRRR....so the my final box is never coming...so disappointed in glossy....started using dots on May 13 - got confirmation that I was getting another box May 19...nope just got a facebook message saying I wasn't getting it...dang it - this was gonna be extras for my summerswap person  :angry:

NOT happy with glossy right now!  

I tried to make an order On Neiman Marcus today and was told by 2 different live chat reps that my gift card would only work on Bergdorf Goodman and not Neiman Marcus. Has this happened to anyone else?
had no problem using mine. Just enter them in the online form, I've found at other stores that the sells assistants have been told to "say" one thing, but their site and cash register system allows more than they "say".

if anyone does not want/use their BG GC or BG box w/GC, please let me know! thanks! i posted in trades but i am willing to pay as well so not sure where to post! THANKS!! 

are the 4 boxes on the way? i understand how annoying it is, my orders are always late! i am sure your GC's exp date will be july 15th - be careful about doing a dispute, i did one last year when iTunes charged me twice for the same movie i bought using my amex card, amex saw the mistake and i won the dispute and my double payment of $25 was returned - suddenly,  iTunes banned me from using credit cards on my account, I've had a iTunes account since they started and w/small kids now i buy a lot of apps, books + movies - i have to buy gift cards now to make purchases and i can't just walk away as i have hundreds of movies, thousands of songs, tv shows, apps + books!  i attempted to get it sorted before dispute with iTunes and spent hours on the phone getting no where! point is be very careful about disputes, companies are getting furious with disputes and then taking it out on customer! the trouble and time it has cost me, sadly, i wish i never made the dispute as i would have paid the $25 extra dollars not wasting my time dealing! 

are the 4 boxes on the way? i understand how annoying it is, my orders are always late! i am sure your GC's exp date will be july 15th - be careful about doing a dispute, i did one last year when iTunes charged me twice for the same movie i bought using my amex card, amex saw the mistake and i won the dispute and my double payment of $25 was returned - suddenly,  iTunes banned me from using credit cards on my account, I've had a iTunes account since they started and w/small kids now i buy a lot of apps, books + movies - i have to buy gift cards now to make purchases and i can't just walk away as i have hundreds of movies, thousands of songs, tv shows, apps + books!  i attempted to get it sorted before dispute with iTunes and spent hours on the phone getting no where! point is be very careful about disputes, companies are getting furious with disputes and then taking it out on customer! the trouble and time it has cost me, sadly, i wish i never made the dispute as i would have paid the $25 extra dollars not wasting my time dealing! 
Oh geez that is a hassle! My 4 boxes have tracking numbers since the 10th of June, but have not updated. I'm worried they're just sitting there.

So good news, they got back to me and issued me a gift card for my troubles. Now I'm just waiting to see if my 4 boxes that are in transit actually make it here.

I just received an email from Glossybox. The email stated that they ran out of May boxes and were unable to send me one. They are going to issue me a refund and sent a $25 BG gift code. I already received my box. They are so messed up over there.

I just received an email from Glossybox. The email stated that they ran out of May boxes and were unable to send me one. They are going to issue me a refund and sent a $25 BG gift code. I already received my box. They are so messed up over there.
Take the GC and run!

Yup, I won't be getting any boxes , I had 4 coming, today I found refund emails and apology emails that read

Due to its popularity, the May boxes were backordered for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, at this point, we are out of stock and unable to send you one. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and will be processing a refund for you today, as well provide the $25 gift card to Bergdorf Goodman, which was the bonus item in the May Box.
Then they did give me all four of my gift card codes. I'm not that upset anymore. I would have liked to get a box but, I'm going to go use my gift cards and call it a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back