Glossybox December 2013 *Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by GBJunkie825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    If you gift it to yourself it's only $15 so I might just do it.  Ugh I have such a fear of missing out on something amazing, I have problems lol!!    

I got 99 problems...but few of them are solved with $15. If it makes you happy, go for it. If you're feeling guilty, skip a martini/latte or two this week and you'll be even.

So I was found a deal  today that makes a year of Glossybox only $165.  I was going through the checkout process and this was the picture on the page that said the first box would be December's box.  Do you think shows items in the December box?  It is a small picture but I can make out the Nails INC and Naobay that we have already gotten as spoilers from Glossybox.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Clackey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I was found a deal  today that makes a year of Glossybox only $165.  I was going through the checkout process and this was the picture on the page that said the first box would be December's box.  Do you think shows items in the December box?  It is a small picture but I can make out the Nails INC and Naobay that we have already gotten as spoilers from Glossybox.  
Could be! Looks like some Michael Todd products too

I love that Michael Todd scrub!  I already had a December box coming but went ahead and started the year sub.  So hopefully it will be an awesome box.

It certainly looks like Michael Todd. 

I think the pink bottle is Antomicals  (same brand that was in the August Box).

Looks like this to me:

Also looks like Be a Bombshell Eye Crayon as well:

they posted a pic on instagram of the mtto scrub yesterday as well! I have the whole acne/oily line and love it!! does anyone know what the other things are? so small from my phone!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I signed up with the living social deal. Not super excited about anything this month but at $12 a box I can't complain.

I got 99 problems...but few of them are solved with $15. If it makes you happy, go for it. If you're feeling guilty, skip a martini/latte or two this week and you'll be even.
Maybe that's how you roll but in my house $15 actually goes pretty far for things like diapers, wipes, and milk. Thanks for your input on things I can cut out though...

Quote: Originally Posted by Clackey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

how did you get a year for $165???  I want that deal.

Quote: Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you see the Living Social Deal?  There is a thread for it.  https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/139738/living-social-deal-for-glossybox

ETA: You can get it for less than $165 with a living social code.
Thank you! Unfortunately, I have been off this board - and offline mainly - for quite a while and didnt see this.  Think I missed a lot.  I really appreciate the info.

Quote: Originally Posted by GBJunkie825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe that's how you roll but in my house $15 actually goes pretty far for things like diapers, wipes, and milk. Thanks for your input on things I can cut out though...

*shrug* I assume most people buy their Glossybox out of whatever their perceived "disposable income" is, as it's clearly not a necessity, hence my comparisons to lattes and martinis. If you're foregoing diapers and milk for makeup boxes, you probably should have cancelled a while ago. Personally, I am the opposite of well-heeled, but I've found that subscription boxes make me happier than cable TV service, print magazines, movies, and Netflix, among other things, so I budget accordingly. Your mileage may vary.

okay, seriously....for some people the $15.00 for glossybox is an indulgence - many people use this in place of having to purchase makeup/beauty care items because it is a deal at that price for them.

To belittle someone and tell them to cut out things that they do not purchase - come on.  Can we stop with the witchiness for a moment please? 

Not everyone has a lot of disposable income and have to wisely use it.  Yes, these are "first world problems", but we don't have to snark and be jerks about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  okay, seriously....for some people the $15.00 for glossybox is an indulgence - many people use this in place of having to purchase makeup/beauty care items because it is a deal at that price for them.

To belittle someone and tell them to cut out things that they do not purchase - come on.  Can we stop with the witchiness for a moment please? 

Not everyone has a lot of disposable income and have to wisely use it.  Yes, these are "first world problems", but we don't have to snark and be jerks about it.
I'm guessing she didn't intend to belittle anyone.  Sometimes it's an easy reminder to mention that a few Starbucks adds up to the cost of a subscription box (or anything else that some may do and not think about).  I can't imagine people come on here to intentionally hurt people.  Seemed to be more in fun.  But it's hard to read that in writing....

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm guessing she didn't intend to belittle anyone.  Sometimes it's an easy reminder to mention that a few Starbucks adds up to the cost of a subscription box (or anything else that some may do and not think about).  I can't imagine people come on here to intentionally hurt people.  Seemed to be more in fun.  But it's hard to read that in writing....
That could be, but there was no need for a follow up like that - and there was no apology either, just another comment about how the poster should cancel her service.

That could be, but there was no need for a follow up like that - and there was no apology either, just another comment about how the poster should cancel her service.
Hmmmm.. guess I didnt follow it all.  Just have high hopes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  (and the holiday spirit flowing...)

I don't get this at all. Clearly, my comment was meant in a light-hearted way and not intended to belittle anyone. As you say, "first world problems."

Back