Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jamiestarlynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone notice no GlossyMag this box? (or was it just me who didn't get one?)
This time they put mine outside of the actual bux, which was odd!

Did anyone notice no GlossyMag this box? (or was it just me who didn't get one?)
I didn't get one either, I got an email saying I could view my glossy mag online.

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had 2 boxes that came this month without a magazine. Maybe because I told them I thought it was worthless on the last survey.
I said the same thing in my survey because I honestly never care about them anymore. I'm a foreigner and even I find the english of whoever writes them really bad. The amount of misspelled proper names alone is ridiculous, I mean Rita Oro anyone?

And by the way, although I said I wouldn't miss the Glossymag my box still came with it.

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had 2 boxes that came this month without a magazine. Maybe because I told them I thought it was worthless on the last survey.
I got a mag and  have said they were worthless in multiple surveys...

I was not really looking forward to this box, but at least my profile seems to have been considered... I got

the acne stuff, the b/w striped nail stuff, the gloss is a nice nude/pink ("5 o'clock"), and the shimmer is a pink/champagne color I like very much.
Not my favorite, but not as bad as the box with that strange Ellis Faas lip stuff, in my opinion.

I just got my box and I'm so happy! I totally love my box!!

I got

The snail mask
The black and white stripe nail rocks I was scared I'd get the unicorn ones, but I got the ones I wanted
The LiSi cream eyeliner in Obsidian (which is actually brown). This is the only item I'm meh about. Mine is kinda coming off of the sides, but I swatched it and it felt like all my other gel eyeliners, so I assume its ok. I'm just not a big fan of gel eyeliners to begin with.
The Da vinci loose pigment in Bronze. This is so pretty! I'm going to use it as an eyeshadow, since its too dark to use as a highlighter. I was really excited to receive this!
The soap. Smells ok, I'll probably use this since I like using bar soap in winter since most gels are too drying for my skin.
I've only been getting Glossybox for 3 months and this is definatly way better then December's box! I love and will use everything I got. Plus I feel like they really listened to my profile this month, by giving me usable colors and also by giving my something hydrating instead of giving me the acne stuff. So yay for Glossybox!!

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my box and I'm so happy! I totally love my box!!

I got

The snail mask

The black and white stripe nail rocks I was scared I'd get the unicorn ones, but I got the ones I wanted

The LiSi cream eyeliner in Obsidian (which is actually brown). This is the only item I'm meh about. Mine is kinda coming off of the sides, but I swatched it and it felt like all my other gel eyeliners, so I assume its ok. I'm just not a big fan of gel eyeliners to begin with.

The Da vinci loose pigment in Bronze. This is so pretty! I'm going to use it as an eyeshadow, since its too dark to use as a highlighter. I was really excited to receive this!

The soap. Smells ok, I'll probably use this since I like using bar soap in winter since most gels are too drying for my skin.
I've only been getting Glossybox for 3 months and this is definatly way better then December's box! I love and will use everything I got. Plus I feel like they really listened to my profile this month, by giving me usable colors and also by giving my something hydrating instead of giving me the acne stuff. So yay for Glossybox!!
I received the same box & I love it!!!  I really like the gel liner- I put it on my upper lid & lower and the I smoked it out with my smudge brush.  I put bronze on my lids & it looked amazing- my bf complimented me on how pretty I looked- it's all about the eyes... & then a light shimmer pink on my lips

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received the same box & I love it!!!  I really like the gel liner- I put it on my upper lid & lower and the I smoked it out with my smudge brush.  I put bronze on my lids & it looked amazing- my bf complimented me on how pretty I looked- it's all about the eyes... & then a light shimmer pink on my lips
I hated the gel liner. I finally got it to work and it worked horrible for me. I'm glad you like it though.

My box really kinda sucked. The eyeliner I received was the little pot of gel and it s teal which I won't use. I am pretty boring with shadows and liners. I got excited about the nail rock when I saw all the funky designs but I got the cheetah and gold ones which I hated. The soap smells good I guess anf the shimmer stuff is a pretty pink. Also got the snail slime which I will try but the value definitely wasn't there for me this month.

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My box really kinda sucked. The eyeliner I received was the little pot of gel and it s teal which I won't use. I am pretty boring with shadows and liners. I got excited about the nail rock when I saw all the funky designs but I got the cheetah and gold ones which I hated. The soap smells good I guess anf the shimmer stuff is a pretty pink. Also got the snail slime which I will try but the value definitely wasn't there for me this month.
Oh my goodness, you got my dream box lol!

Here are quick swatches of my shimmer powder and lipgloss.

The shimmer powder is in Lava (brown with light green sheen!) and it is really pretty!

I forget the name of the gloss, but as you can see it is basically clear.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The shimmer powder is in Lava (brown with light green sheen!) and it is really pretty!

Yeah my mom got that shimmer powder and it is so pretty! I actually think its a dupe for one of the Mac pigments that was in my Christmas set. :)

Here are quick swatches of my shimmer powder and lipgloss. The shimmer powder is in Lava (brown with light green sheen!) and it is really pretty! I forget the name of the gloss, but as you can see it is basically clear.
I got the same, the lip gloss is just blah.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OOOooooooo, that shimmer powder is to die for! It is just gloriously shimmery and exotic! Love it!

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same, the lip gloss is just blah.
Yeah, I concur...lol...that gloss certainly leaves something to be desired, don't it?!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OOOooooooo, that shimmer powder is to die for! It is just gloriously shimmery and exotic! Love it!

Yeah, I concur...lol...that gloss certainly leaves something to be desired, don't it?!
Definitely, it has no purpose.

Latest posts

Back