Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ricarlav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got a spoiler email for the March box asking me to resub. The item they show is a Model Co lip and cheek stain in a hot pink that I know is not me, which makes me wonder, will it come in different colors? Should I resub? I'm so confused!
There is a March thread started, you should check it out.

Anyone get the Snail Mask and didn't love it? I'm seriously thinking of buying it just to try it. Is it worth it? Anyone have one they're not using?

So here are the promised swatches, there's also a review up in my blog if interested.

To sum it up using smileys:

Nail Strips - 
eusa_wall.gif

LiSi Liquid Eyeliner - 
inwc.gif

Evologie - 
dong.gif

DaVinci shimmer - 
12.gif

Bvlgari soap - 
yess.gif

Nail Strips swatch - trust me this was the best I could do -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LiSi eyeliner swatch (took like 10 minutes to get the line even):

DaVinci shimmer in Lava:

Oh my goodness everyone, I just have to post this on here with my recent experience with this company. I have been subscribed to Glossybox USA when they first started out. Didn't have much of a problem until recently. Now, I can 100% say that this is the SHADIEST unprofessional company ever. I know a lot of people have had problems with this company and a lot of people recently have had bad experiences with late boxes, no responses and horrible customer service. 

January's box came a month and a half late and this February box has not gotten to me either and it is now March. I love how they charge you precisely at the beginning of the month with no fail and it gets to you a month-month and a half late. Like, really? All of the other subscription boxes that I am subscribed to is so precise and accurate each month. Now, I would understand if this was a one time thing.. then I would of course not be complaining but this was a recurrent problem and not just for me either. 

I tried e-mailing Glossybox several times and have had ZERO responses thus far. So, I went on their Facebook page asking them to get back to me and I did receive one post saying that they would "forward my name to CS" and that "I would hear back from them soon". BS. I waited and waited but no response AGAIN. (NOT surprised). So, I posted again saying that February's box was again late and I had still not heard back from them. Checked again today to see if they responded and they totally blocked me from their Facebook page and disabled me from commenting. Probably so other people could not read about their shady business practices. 

Have anyone else had such horrid experiences with this company? It is sad because I have loved this subscription but there is NO way in hell that I could back up this company and give them my money for shit quality and service. Customer service should be a PRIORITY and is one of the top things that make AND break a company. Also, something this company does not have. Sigh, sadness. Be careful with this company everyone!

I did post this on the Glossybox January forum but I felt like I should post on this month's forum as well to warn you all. Yes, I am also guilty of staying with them despite of their lacking CS but I just can't keep being taken advantage of by this company. Hope everyone else has nothing but good experiences but please don't let them take advantage of you all!

Your eyes look nice! I just won another box from the GlossyboxUSA Twitter party today. Their pink boxes have become part of my organization decor. Someone had a meltdown that they didn't win a box. Maybe I should send her mine. LOL Zoya nails popped in the chat. It would be nice getting some polish for spring. They turned me on to the Vine app and I'm loving it! Anyone here on Vine?

So here are the promised swatches, there's also a review up in my blog if interested. To sum it up using smileys: Nail Strips - 
eusa_wall.gif
LiSi Liquid Eyeliner - 
inwc.gif
Evologie - 
dong.gif
DaVinci shimmer - 
12.gif
Bvlgari soap - 
yess.gif
Nail Strips swatch - trust me this was the best I could do -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> LiSi eyeliner swatch (took like 10 minutes to get the line even): DaVinci shimmer in Lava:
I also struggled with the liner. Love the color I have, however, not a fan of the thin/streaky formula and oddly stiff brush

I have been meaning to post this for a while but keep forgetting. Glossybox did an international beauty theme in  Germany for January.

I have to say I liked the items I got in my German glossybox a lot more than I did in the US box.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been meaning to post this for a while but keep forgetting. Glossybox did an international beauty theme in  Germany for January.

I have to say I liked the items I got in my German glossybox a lot more than I did in the US box.
Wow nice box!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Where's the brush from? Like as in which company makes it ^^

Wow nice box!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Where's the brush from? Like as in which company makes it ^^
The brush is from BM beauty, I got one in my December glossy box too and they are so soft.

The brush is from BM beauty, I got one in my December glossy box too and they are so soft.
That's great and they are not too pricey! I so wish out Glossybox would send brushes D:

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's great and they are not too pricey! I so wish out Glossybox would send brushes D:
Me too, I want more lol.

I forgot to add I have the bronzer and the eye shadow brush that I have gotten from Glossybox. I want to try the eye liner brush, I need one.

I forgot to add I have the bronzer and the eye shadow brush that I have gotten from Glossybox. I want to try the eye liner brush, I need one.
All from the same brand? 

All from the same brand? 
Yes, they are the best brushes I have tried so far.

Yes, they are the best brushes I have tried so far.
*sigh* you are making me get some box envy :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> they pay for like half the box, which just one brush basically D:

Back