Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely, it has no purpose.
To...um....look sticky? Perhaps? lol!

Right? It's just awful. No color...not much sparkle...and just feels terrible. I was a little interested in trying more from Lisi, and after getting that gloss? Not happenin'.

To...um....look sticky? Perhaps? lol!
Lol, I could see it sticking to my hair. Not something I would pay more than a $1 for. I would have perfered a funky eyeliner.

We will invent a new product based on this thread!

NEW FROM MAKEUP TALKS NEW MAKEUP LINE!....BUY IT NOW BEFORE IT'S SOLD OUT!.......

STICKYLIPS!
patches.gif

lol

NEW FROM MAKEUP TALKS NEW MAKEUP LINE!....BUY IT NOW BEFORE IT'S SOLD OUT!.......

STICKYLIPS!
patches.gif

lol
roflmao.gif

STICKYLIPS!
patches.gif

lol
lmao

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are quick swatches of my shimmer powder and lipgloss.

The shimmer powder is in Lava (brown with light green sheen!) and it is really pretty!

I forget the name of the gloss, but as you can see it is basically clear.
ahhh thst shimmer powder is GORGEOUS!

I hated it to ! It just did not go on smooth for me.... but i am glad that some liked it.

I hated the gel liner. I finally got it to work and it worked horrible for me. I'm glad you like it though.

I gave the lipgloss and the nail rocks to my cousin for her birthday with other sampels using a birchbox. lol It was a quick gift put together. Im glad I didnt pay for this box. That shows that It was a waste. Somewhat. Hopefully my cousin enjoys it better than me.

Love the shimmery eye shadow but if I wore it, it would be like screaming, "Look everybody!  Look at that wrinkly, old chick!"  That kind of shimmer would kill me...and I don't even have any deep wrinkles.  Oh to be 20 again.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are quick swatches of my shimmer powder and lipgloss.

The shimmer powder is in Lava (brown with light green sheen!) and it is really pretty!

I forget the name of the gloss, but as you can see it is basically clear.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love the shimmery eye shadow but if I wore it, it would be like screaming, "Look everybody!  Look at that wrinkly, old chick!"  That kind of shimmer would kill me...and I don't even have any deep wrinkles.  Oh to be 20 again.
I have a couple swatches of that same shimmer powder actually on my eyes, but I'm so disappointed with Glossybox I don't even feel like editing the pictures I took.

I'll upload it sometime this week =/

Originally Posted by jamiestarlynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone notice no GlossyMag this box? (or was it just me who didn't get one?)
I received a GlossyMag in my box.  Noticed a couple typos.  They must have been in a hurry to print.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received a GlossyMag in my box.  Noticed a couple typos.  They must have been in a hurry to print.
Trust me, they're always like that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Received my box:

Nail Rock - Union Jack Black & Gold

Bvlgari Soap

Snail Mask

Lisi lipgloss in Penn Station

Da Vinci Shimmer powder in Earth
I received this box and my Julep box at the same time.  Both cost about $21.00.  In the Julep box (modern beauty) I received full sizes of hand lotion, hand scrub, and a lip balm as an extra, and I was happier with it than with the Glossybox I received.  I don't think I will get my money's worth of satisfaction out of this box, but I am not ready to un-subscribe yet.

One of the many angry Glossybox subscribers (of course, I was too but..) I'm not sure if I made the situation better or worse... 
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One of the many angry Glossybox subscribers (of course, I was too but..) I'm not sure if I made the situation better or worse... 
roflmao.gif
lmao good one

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

roflmao.gif
rofl2.gif

I just got a spoiler email for the March box asking me to resub. The item they show is a Model Co lip and cheek stain in a hot pink that I know is not me, which makes me wonder, will it come in different colors? Should I resub? I'm so confused!

Latest posts

Back