Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke down and got a second box again this month through ebates. Couldn't resist! Hope it's a great box again. I don't care if shipping is slow, as long as it eventually gets to me! :)

I would not mind sampling Amore Pacific (Korea, I think) again.  I tried a sample of the revitalizing masque last night (you put it on and sleep with it on all night) and it was AMAZING!  The $60 price tag for it not so much

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would not mind sampling Amore Pacific (Korea, I think) again.  I tried a sample of the revitalizing masque last night (you put it on and sleep with it on all night) and it was AMAZING!  The $60 price tag for it not so much
I'm sure this is a really stupid question, but how do you keep it on all night?

You might be interested in checking out the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Ex. Laneige is a brand under Amore Pacific and if the store was any indication last time I visited, super popular in Korea. I haven't tried the revitalizing masque but the sleeping pack is much cheaper and was really, really nice when I used to have it.

Thanks for the tip!  I will check it out!

Originally Posted by pride /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You might be interested in checking out the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Ex. Laneige is a brand under Amore Pacific and if the store was any indication last time I visited, super popular in Korea. I haven't tried the revitalizing masque but the sleeping pack is much cheaper and was really, really nice when I used to have it.

It is a liquid like moisturizer.  You apply it, leave it on 5 minutes then can head to be.  It makes your skin shiny/wet looking.  I noticed I kind of stuck to the pillow case last night but this morning my face was so soft and looked great!  You then wash it off with warm water.

From Sephora.com:

What it is:

An overnight mask with a liquid-gel texture for improving internal hydration and antioxidant levels. 

What it is formulated to do:

Restore tired, dehydrated skin overnight with this lightweight mask. AmorePacific's 5-Hydra Complex dramatically improves internal hydration and antioxidant levels. Cellular turnover and youthful metabolism are promoted while moisture loss is prevented, all from the inside out.

Suggested Usage:

-Apply in the evening. 

-After cleansing and treatment, apply an ample amount on the face and neck, avoiding the eye area. 

-Wait five minutes and retire. In the morning, rinse and follow with normal treatment routine.
Oooh!  Well now I want to try it.  (Oops.  I didn't notice the sticky part.)  I don't think I'd pay $60 for something I've never used before, so I hope they (or another subscription) send it.

It is a liquid like moisturizer.  You apply it, leave it on 5 minutes then can head to be.  It makes your skin shiny/wet looking.  I noticed I kind of stuck to the pillow case last night but this morning my face was so soft and looked great!  You then wash it off with warm water.
Eww I would never be able to sleep with wet and sticky goop on my face. There really is no way to say that without sounding dirty lol. But if it works for you more power to ya!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We got Wella in one of the boxes this summer. This is what was in my box, smaller of course.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2230368&productId=xlsImpprod4450611&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat190010

They apparently are headquartered in Germany. I loved the way it smelled.

ETA: I would consider Wella mid-range price wise. On Ulta.com prices are $12-$26.
I really loved that Wella conditioner we got from GB in the summer! At the time, I looked around online to purchase it, and it was pricier than what I'd normally spend. So I'm thinking that version that Ulta has is something different. I wouldn't have had an issue with $12.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really loved that Wella conditioner we got from GB in the summer! At the time, I looked around online to purchase it, and it was pricier than what I'd normally spend. So I'm thinking that version that Ulta has is something different. I wouldn't have had an issue with $12.
I would try going to the actual Ulta if you have any near you. I bought the big tub for 12.99 in their sale section three months ago. I also saw a few when I went two weeks ago but it was on sale for $15ish. Maybe the ulta near you would have some too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Prices may differ.

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know of any codes available? I tried the lips one and it didn't work. Thanks
BLUSH2013 for the Glossybox/Kryolan blush 
smile.gif

wow! I got my box today. I'm usually one of the last to receive on because I'm in California. 

oops! sorry, wrong thread. I actually just got the January box 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Except you probably won't actually get it.
LOL...exactly, I used a different blush code for my Jan box and didn't get it 
7dh.gif

Originally Posted by mstlcmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BLUSH2013 for the Glossybox/Kryolan blush 
smile.gif
says its invalid now. boo!

They should really think of something to keep their subscribers actually subscribed...atm it's better to just keep canceling subs and re-subbing to get a promo code/ebates. 

They should really think of something to keep their subscribers actually subscribed...atm it's better to just keep canceling subs and re-subbing to get a promo code/ebates. 
Y'know, I kind of wonder whether part of their plan is to count every signup as a new subscriber whether it's a returning subscriber or an actual new subscriber.  That way, they can claim to have a thousand (or whatever the number is) new subscribers every month even though a substantial number of those are from people who canceled and then signed back up with the new promo.  It's kind of like the reverse version of high school dropout rates:  At least in the area I grew up, you were considered a dropout if you left one high school -- even if the sole reason you left was to go to another school.  Technically, my brother was a high school dropout even though he left one school in order to go to a much better one.  Here, you're probably considered a new subscriber even if you just canceled last month.

Also, I would settle for them doing something to keep their existing customers.  They really don't seem to give a damn about that.  I have a feeling they're cooking the numbers to hide how many people are canceling to make things look brighter for potential buyers.  I wish someone who actually cared about beauty would just buy this company already and stabilize things or fold it into an existing solid program.  _Allure_ has a successful thing going with Sample Society.  I can see Glossybox's potential as a similar program for _Marie Claire_.

Well, if you look at the Glossybox.ca Canadian Facebook you can see people are just dropping the sub as it is the second month they send out.....EXPIRED ITEMS.

And my replacement items from my Dec box- they also sent me expired discontinued items- well at least they are not as old. The replacements are from 2010 and my Dec items were expired 2005.

I am holding onto my old samples in case the health dept wants to see them as proof.

Apparently it is illegal and also unhealthy to send such old items- some people posted they had eye issues, rash on their lips from the old gloss and those posts were deleted.

I hope Glossybox will improve. I keep on watching the US and Canadian spoilers as I'm not subbing to anything new.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have not bought Wella here, but bought a bunch of nail polish and it took 2 weeks to get to Canada and no tax, duty or shipping fee.

They have free worldwide shipping. Price is $13 something. I was just about to order the Wella Brilliance.

http://www.beautybay.com/wellaprofessionals/categories/enrich

I sub to Glossybox Germany and Glossybox US. Last month they had an international beauty theme in Germany and for February is a Valentine's day beauty. I hope they send out diffent items for February (US box) since it seems they are doing beauty around the world.

Back