GlossyBox-Gate Scandal???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed. I always appreciate a blanket statement adressing possible issues. But maybe they are aware there is a security breach and aren't able to fix it or don't want people jumping ship. At this point, it's nothing definitive to make them "guilty and convicted," but alot of disturbing coincidences. Glossydots or complimentary boxes(which have never been offered) aside, I believe a lot of people would be more reassured if Glossybox made a public statement regarding this mess.
And you made a good point about the $30 overdraft fee. I would be so upset if that happened to me. Glossydots are not enough.

I've been checking my bank and nothing so far so maybe I should hush lol. I just feel bad others are dealing with this when they shouldn't have to.

This sucks... my bank cancelled my card and is sending me a new one because of this. thankfully they didn't hold me for anything and my account is fine.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It is silly on my part because I haven't had any issues, either lol. What disturbs me is that feeling I could be next. I live comfortably, but still paycheck to paycheck. I think reading all this hoopla has got me motivated and tomorrow, I'm getting a secured cc with a small limit and switching all my subs over! If Glossybox tells me i'll have to cancel and resub, I'll tell them where to stick it and save my money for my Beautybar, Sephora, and BB purchases lol.

Originally Posted by Autumn Dahy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This sucks... my bank cancelled my card and is sending me a new one because of this. thankfully they didn't hold me for anything and my account is fine.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sorry to hear you have joined our unfortunate sorority!  Be sure to send GB an e-mail or give them a call so they know about it.  If we keep stuffing it down their throats, they'll have to acknowledge it at some point.

Does anyone have any idea how prevalent this is with Glossybox USA?
I have 2 brand new subs with them... This thread wasn't up when I joined today. OMG!!

Thanks for any info!
Laura

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is silly on my part because I haven't had any issues, either lol. What disturbs me is that feeling I could be next. I live comfortably, but still paycheck to paycheck. I think reading all this hoopla has got me motivated and tomorrow, I'm getting a secured cc with a small limit and switching all my subs over! If Glossybox tells me i'll have to cancel and resub, I'll tell them where to stick it and save my money for my Beautybar, Sephora, and BB purchases lol.
LOL, I loveee Sephora. I shop from their site A LOT lol.

It's also the fear that I may be next that is getting to me, too.

The only issue I've had with GB so far is that I was told to resubscribe. I thought my card was the issue because it was new and the exp date and code was changed but the number was the same so I thought I was the problem all along until I called my bank and they informed me that the card is still valid for up to 3 weeks even if it was renewed. They did email me to say payment went through.

Well off to bed. I can't wait for shipping notices lol.

Goodness. Just when I think Glossybox has been redeemed, more and more people are getting their cc info stolen.. I keep checking my account for any suspicious activity. I don't like that Glossybox isn't owning up to their mistakes and are, instead, trying to brush everything under the rug like there's no problem. It's sad because it seems their product is so great. I really wanted to like them..

Could anyone tell me if the fraud involves multiple Glossybox charges that are unauthorized, or if your CC info is used to purchase other things, like restaurant charges or jewelry in NYC?

Are a lot of people canceling Glossybox?

I just sent an email via their contact form requesting that I be unsubscribed and that my info be removed from their systems. I was leery of them to start with (just didn't think they were the magic bullet so many expected) but thought, "Eh, why not?" and subbed...just before everyone started posting about the CC fraud issues. I literally CAN NOT afford to have something like that happen to me as I live VERY paycheck to paycheck, ya know?

My bank cancelled my card because the credit processor/vender/whatever that processes Glossybox's CC charges had apparently been compromised, and my card was one of those compromised. Then my replacement card went missing (someone stealing it out of the mail I presume) so I'm up sh*t creek without a paddle, since it'll take a week to get a new card - and in the meantime, I can't access my money since I'm 100ish miles away from my bank branch.

So I didn't get overcharged, or have fraudulent charges, or anything. 

My bank just decided preemptive strike was the way to go because of the "compromised security" that had been reported to them. So it may not be Glossybox per se, but the company they use to process their credit transactions.

wow. really starting to rethink glossybox. its too bad bc so far i love it. hopefully they get it together or else its back to birchbox.

Could anyone tell me if the fraud involves multiple Glossybox charges that are unauthorized, or if your CC info is used to purchase other things, like restaurant charges or jewelry in NYC? Are a lot of people canceling Glossybox?
my cc info was used to purchase other things at about 6 uk based websites.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just sent an email via their contact form requesting that I be unsubscribed and that my info be removed from their systems. I was leery of them to start with (just didn't think they were the magic bullet so many expected) but thought, "Eh, why not?" and subbed...just before everyone started posting about the CC fraud issues. I literally CAN NOT afford to have something like that happen to me as I live VERY paycheck to paycheck, ya know?
This is me, too. I signed up when a few people had been double charged, but people weren't yet having their info actually stolen yet. All of this is making me regret pushing my doubt aside. I'll be unsubscribing as soon as I receive the box I've already paid for, and I'm glad the card I used is a prepaid debit with a limited balance on it.

I had put myself on the waitlist and when June boxes opened up, I hesitated just because I still hadn't gotten over the price. After reading these posts, I am so happy I did not have an impulse buy situation. I'll have to keep seeing what becomes of Glossybox, but it seems I am much better off with Birchbox, for now anyways. They say things always happen for a reason, glad I put myself on a no buy until vacation. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hehe

Originally Posted by lovesmakeup2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's only been one box so far, you're super, super excited. God I hope this month's box does not disappoint you as much as you've been rooting them on LOL.
I don't think the products will disappoint, but I will be crazy sad if my CC info is stolen.
icon_cry.gif
GB is my love!! BB sends me dud boxes month after month.I would hate to have to cancel and live with BB.

Btw guys- I was checking out their fine print and it said you have like a 14 day window during the month to cancel otherwise you will be be billed and sent the next box. Dont think it will be a problem since that would be when most people cancel, but will all their shipping problems (i read some people are just getting their boxes, and seeing as the next one is due to go out within the next week) waiting till you receive your box to cancel might be cutting it close, so I thought i'd give the heads up and pass this along. 

(i) For Subscription Plans. You may cancel your Beauty Trend subscription plan 14 days prior to when the any Product under a subscription plan is due for shipment. If, however, you do not cancel your subscription plan within this 14 day window, the cancellation takes effect the following month. 

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could anyone tell me if the fraud involves multiple Glossybox charges that are unauthorized, or if your CC info is used to purchase other things, like restaurant charges or jewelry in NYC?

Are a lot of people canceling Glossybox?
Personally, my card number was stolen and someone attempted to charge $1 at some gaming store.  I've heard this is common for credit card thieves, as they "test" the cc number to see if it works by charging a very small amount they hope will slip under the radar. Once they get confirmation that it goes through, they go for broke and start charging big-ticket items.  Fortunately, my cc company caught the $1 charge and was able to cancel the card before anything else hit.  I think the multiple GB charges (which was a mistake and I think has been resolved for everyone) is a very seperate issue from the people who have gotten their card info stolen.

Back