GlossyBox-Gate Scandal???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a side note, big props to the banks that are able to stop some of these purchases before going through!

Here's my opinion... and again, this is just my opinion. Firstly, I used a prepaid Visa card and had absolutely no problems but I'm definitely not sticking around to wait for the Glossybox Apocalypse! Think about it. Aren't these boxes just kinda "too good" to be $21.00 a month? The products, the quantity, the quality, the packaging, the materials. Let's not forget they sent out a MOTHER LOAD of free boxes to begin with! Now, there's fraudulent charges... to UK companies none the less. Glossybox started in the UK so I think it's safe to assume it's owned by people from the UK. What are the odds that someone who stole credit card info from a hotel in the US is using it at UK online stores? I think Glossybox has an insider employee that took it or.... and this is my opinion... they're using stolen credit card info to pay for everything they put in the boxes including the box itself and packaging that they send to all of us and pocket the money we send them. Does that make sense?

Here's my opinion... and again, this is just my opinion. Firstly, I used a prepaid Visa card and had absolutely no problems but I'm definitely not sticking around to wait for the Glossybox Apocalypse! Think about it. Aren't these boxes just kinda "too good" to be $21.00 a month? The products, the quantity, the quality, the packaging, the materials. Let's not forget they sent out a MOTHER LOAD of free boxes to begin with! Now, there's fraudulent charges... to UK companies none the less. Glossybox started in the UK so I think it's safe to assume it's owned by people from the UK. What are the odds that someone who stole credit card info from a hotel in the US is using it at UK online stores? I think Glossybox has an insider employee that took it or.... and this is my opinion... they're using stolen credit card info to pay for everything they put in the boxes including the box itself and packaging that they send to all of us and pocket the money we send them. Does that make sense?
when my bank said it was online companies from the UK my first thought was that someone that worked for them might be stealing cc info. just speculation on my behalf though. i dont think they are using it to buy the products to go in the boxes, but then again the only websites i remember were asos and groupon. i wish i could remember the other ones. my major concern is their latest push for new orders. it seems really strange that at the time people are emailing them about their cc info being stolen they are trying so hard to get new members. last night on their fb post about the contest for new members there were at least 40 comments mostly negative and it looks like those comments have all been deleted. this is so shady.

I saw a video on youtube and I can't remember if the girl was from Australia... she said she had won a whole year subscription through Beauty Box. Well, then Glossybox bought out Beauty Box or something like that and she contacted them to ask if they would still honor her subscription prize. They told her yes. Her first "Glossybox" never arrived so she tried contacting them via email and they said they would send her a box. Still nothing so she tried again and didn't get a reply. So then she left a comment on their facebook page. She said she was real nice about it, just wondering what happened to her box. She said they deleted her comment from their page and BLOCKED HER!
wtf.gif

wow yikes. i emailed them asking what's going on last night using the contact us part of their web page and again this morning to an email they posted on their fb page. haven't hear anything back yet. how hard is it to say- yea, we had a problem- don't worry, it's better now, or no, it's all bullshit lol. 

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow yikes. i emailed them asking what's going on last night using the contact us part of their web page and again this morning to an email they posted on their fb page. haven't hear anything back yet. how hard is it to say- yea, we had a problem- don't worry, it's better now, or no, it's all bullshit lol. 
And did you notice - they got rid of the function that allows people to post to their FB page.  You can still comment on whatever GB posts, but you can't post your own messages to the page anymore.  And it looks like all the previous posts are gone now. 

Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And did you notice - they got rid of the function that allows people to post to their FB page.  You can still comment on whatever GB posts, but you can't post your own messages to the page anymore.  And it looks like all the previous posts are gone now. 
wow. that's pretty shady. 

they also fixed the website so it doesn't show those surveys anymore (listed on the June GB thread) 

so they have time to cover stuff up but not to respond to customer concerns. hmm. 
icon_eek.gif

Thank you for the info on this thread. I've contacted my CC company for a new card, and have opened a pay as you go pre-paid debit card this AM for Glossybox. alone.

Last night, I remembered seeing complaints from a Google search regarding the UK Glossybox... People were saying how it started out "quite  nicely" but then the products were a mixture of very inexpensive and off the wall apothecary items and some small samples. Hodgepodge and dodgy were descriptive terms used quite often.

It's caused me to wonder exactly what another poster asked./ wondered- If they are doing credit card fraud to pay for everything in the USA Glossyboxes.

If this was ONE employee, they would have been caught, wouldn't they?

I've worried about every little start up subscription box company I've given a CC number to with regard to CC security, and have held off on many because, IMO, the potential for fraud is so great with all of them.

Starting to miss the old days of mail order and sending a check. Seriously!!!.

http://www.facebook.com/GlossyBox.com/app_161683100556760?ref=ts

i never noticed this before- i but i guess i wasn't really looking. if you repeated post things that fall under their 'dislikes' then they will block you.

their dislikes include : offensive, disrepective and off topic comments, self promotion or advertising posts, and comments without any reference to the topics discussed in the community. 

they go on to say that their wall is not where customer service happens and that is why they will not be dealing with individual questions about your account or delievery and you should email [email protected] instead.

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.facebook.com/GlossyBox.com/app_161683100556760?ref=ts

i never noticed this before- i but i guess i wasn't really looking. if you repeated post things that fall under their 'dislikes' then they will block you.

their dislikes include : offensive, disrepective and off topic comments, self promotion or advertising posts, and comments without any reference to the topics discussed in the community. 

they go on to say that their wall is not where customer service happens and that is why they will not be dealing with individual questions about your account or delievery and you should email [email protected] instead.
Yeah, because sending an e-mail to their customer service has proven so fruitful for those of us demanding answers, or at least an acknowledgement, about the credit card fraud.

Seems to be alot on the list of pooey things occuring... A. Overcharging B. CC # theft(not proven, but disturbing since there's a lot of subbers involved) C. CS phone # not working...showing up as a hotel in NYC and possibly a cell # D. Boxes not received, returns not processed E. Cancelling accounts/being unable to change or update info F. Opening the business before being ready to launch G. Still opening slots, while all this speculation it's a occurring H. No public announcements to address concerns That's a lot of BS for a company in its second month.. there's the cake topper issues lol, but there's more than that. I'm actually bothered also that they charged us all so early in the month and don't plan on mailing out till the end. I'd rather be charged around a week or so in advance, like Birchbox and other subs.

Seems they are trying to cover their butts so to speak. i finally received a response from them saying their website hadnt been compromised. i still dont think its a website issue, but an employee issue. i still think their customer service is horrible.

I can't reach them on that 855 number.

I have another phone number on my debit card charge, in NYC. It's 646-823-9589

The voice mail says it's for " Petite Box"  is that a branch of GlossyBox for children or somethihng?

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The voice mail says it's for " Petite Box"  is that a branch of GlossyBox for children or somethihng?
I noticed on their fb page they've been giving out different contact phones numbers. One of which is a cell phone

Wow!  Decided to be proactive and & just called my bank to have a new cc issued.  I did have the multiple charges error (they tried to charge my card 3 times, but only one charge in the end), but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Waiting for my box & then will cancel (with all of the issues, I don't want to cancel right now & have them not ship the box I already paid for - and they won't be able to charge me for a future box with my current cc # cancelled).  Definitely going to look into the prepaid card.

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah they are owned by the same people. 

Originally Posted by Country Chic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow!  Decided to be proactive and & just called my bank to have a new cc issued.  I did have the multiple charges error (they tried to charge my card 3 times, but only one charge in the end), but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Waiting for my box & then will cancel (with all of the issues, I don't want to cancel right now & have them not ship the box I already paid for - and they won't be able to charge me for a future box with my current cc # cancelled).  Definitely going to look into the prepaid card.
 I feel the same way. I was a send button away from emailing them and telling them to cancel my account... then thought with everything going on, my luck would be even though I paid for the June box, I wouldn't get it. So... after I get my box, I'm cancelling.

Did anyone else get this email? I received it about an hour ago. They're still being totally vague on any/all problems they're having....

---------------------------------------

Oops something went wrong - but we fixed it! 

Dear Beauty Lover 

We understand you may have experienced technical difficulties placing your order, however we still want you to be part of our luxurious beauty community and indulge in our June box. 

If you are still having trouble, never hesitate to contact us via [email protected]or call us at 1-855-738-1140

Your GLOSSYBOX-Team

Back