GlossyBox-Gate Scandal???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very vague. I didn't get the email, but it would make me a little nervous.

I just noticed on their FB page they took away the ability for people to post to their wall.

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed on their fb page they've been giving out different contact phones numbers. One of which is a cell phone

I didn't get that email... but then I haven't had any cc problems or multiple charges or anything since I used a prepaid card. I like how not once in that email did they say they were sorry... just that they hope to still get your money, er... I mean "Keep your business".

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get that email... but then I haven't had any cc problems or multiple charges or anything since I used a prepaid card. I like how not once in that email did they say they were sorry... just that they hope to still get your money, er... I mean "Keep your business".
Same here... No email, no cc problem or overcharging with my ppcc.

I didn't get that email, but then again, they didn't have a problem getting their money from me.  I'm still steaming over their email response to me about cc fraud.  honestly, i'm so upset, i don't think the june box will ever be good enough for me to not have a bad taste in my mouth about this company.

Originally Posted by shelley6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get that email, but then again, they didn't have a problem getting their money from me.  I'm still steaming over their email response to me about cc fraud.  honestly, i'm so upset, i don't think the june box will ever be good enough for me to not have a bad taste in my mouth about this company.
What was their response?

Originally Posted by seap3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's very vague. I didn't get the email, but it would make me a little nervous.
I know! I haven't had anything happen CC-wise *yet* but now I'm super nervous. Crossing my fingers.. Also, I signed up last week when they announced the June opening, so I'm not sure why they're sending me this a week later.

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What was their response?
"Thank you for your feed back.  We have look into it and there is no sign that our website has been compromised."

I copied word for word. That's it.

I'm sorry you all are having this issue and I'm glad I decided not to re-sub after the past issue I had when I 1st subbed the year. There boxes seemed very good at 1st but all these security issues and peoples cards being compromised No WAY! I Will not be Blogging about getting there boxes or telling people to Join! Now I have to blog about these issues and staying away from this company. I'm sorry but if this happened to one or 2 subscribers it could have been from somewhere else like other online purchases , etc. But with a lot of ladies stepping up and the multiple charges then the customers service not working then they shut down the option for people to post on there FB wall and blocking others it's just all shading! And Very Worrying! I'm thinking a lot of people better start reporting them to BBB! Maybe then they can get their act together! 

"Thank you for your feed back.  We have look into it and there is no sign that our website has been compromised."

I guess their sticking to their story! SMH

I just watched a youtube video where a girl redeemed a free box from referring people. After emailing them back & forth for 2 weeks, she never got a box & they changed her password on her. Shadiest company ever!!!

They're being very disingenuous here. They aren't answering the question fully--which is whether their merchant services provider has been compromised, which I bet is what has happened.

Originally Posted by Angelaelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They're being very disingenuous here. They aren't answering the question fully--which is whether their merchant services provider has been compromised, which I bet is what has happened.
Yep.  I think this is exactly the case.  But GB customer service being deliberately obtuse about the situation isn't helping any.

No, they aren't helping themselves. It just makes them look shady.  It's worrisome if they are being obtuse out of ignorance of how ecommerce works, and how the payment part of the site integrates with the merchant services gateway, and asking questions about their security best practices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep.  I think this is exactly the case.  But GB customer service being deliberately obtuse about the situation isn't helping any.

Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if they had sounded a bit more sympathetic i wouldn't be as upset.  I'm sure they did check to see if their website had been compromised, and it's great to know that it hasn't, but it just doesn't seem like they CARE about me as a customer by their responses to me.  I'm sure they don't care that my cc # was stolen, but if they cared about keeping me as a customer, they should have proven that to me.  At this point, I have to give them new payment info if i want to continue being a member, and i won't be doing that.  but, i suppose with all these new incentives to get new subscribers, they don't need my $21 a month.

if they had sounded a bit more sympathetic i wouldn't be as upset.  I'm sure they did check to see if their website had been compromised, and it's great to know that it hasn't, but it just doesn't seem like they CARE about me as a customer by their responses to me.  I'm sure they don't care that my cc # was stolen, but if they cared about keeping me as a customer, they should have proven that to me.  At this point, I have to give them new payment info if i want to continue being a member, and i won't be doing that.  but, i suppose with all these new incentives to get new subscribers, they don't need my $21 a month.
But even if it was their credit card processing vendor who was compromised, that doesn't mean GlossyBox has no responsibilities to the subscribers!  Their vendors have no contractual obligations to any of us, but GlossyBox does.  Even if it wasn't their systems that were at fault, it doesn't absolve them of liability.  At the VERY LEAST, GlossyBox should let all of their subscribers know that this happened.  But I guess they are too busy signing new people up to take the time. 

They're probably in a hurry to get new people signed up because they know a LARGE percentage of their current subscribers are going to cancel if they haven't done so already. I mean, they never had a contest for us to win free subs! But now they do for NEW members? When have they offered their current subbers anything? That kinda chaps my butt too! I mean, I think we should be just as entitled to be entered into winning a free sub as new subbers, right? Plus... if anyone should get a free 3 or 6 month sub, it's the people that have been dealing with all the cc issues and overdraft charges. All they get is Glossydots but new subbers get a chance to win free subscriptions? What's wrong with this picture?

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're probably in a hurry to get new people signed up because they know a LARGE percentage of their current subscribers are going to cancel if they haven't done so already. I mean, they never had a contest for us to win free subs! But now they do for NEW members? When have they offered their current subbers anything? That kinda chaps my butt too! I mean, I think we should be just as entitled to be entered into winning a free sub as new subbers, right? Plus... if anyone should get a free 3 or 6 month sub, it's the people that have been dealing with all the cc issues and overdraft charges. All they get is Glossydots but new subbers get a chance to win free subscriptions? What's wrong with this picture?
Oh Nitty, SO much is wrong with this picture. Too bad a lot of these people aren't aware of the issues Glossybox is having since they're deleting unfavorable comments and took off the ability to post on their wall. 

This thread is making me more and more glad that I haven't had the $21 to shell out on a sub service- Sorry so many of you ladies are having to deal with this :/

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh Nitty, SO much is wrong with this picture. Too bad a lot of these people aren't aware of the issues Glossybox is having since they're deleting unfavorable comments and took off the ability to post on their wall. 
I can't believe they blocked people from commenting on their wall. Well, on another note lol..if you google glossybox, we're the second webpage that pops up lol, not including the web reviews. So some poor people may find out what's really happening!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't believe they blocked people from commenting on their wall. Well, on another note lol..if you google glossybox, we're the second webpage that pops up lol, not including the web reviews. So some poor people may find out what's really happening!
I hope so! If only they were transparent about these issues. 

Back