Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to know...is anybody else still not able to take their surveys?  Last week GB was telling people they'd be up and running by the end of the week...

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wanted to know...is anybody else still not able to take their surveys?  Last week GB was telling people they'd be up and running by the end of the week...
Mine has the usual "Currently there are surveys available" with no surveys.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too. Yet again, not cool.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same for me.

I finally got my June replacement box today. Hope you got yours Zadidoll!!

Received my July box (my final box since I unsubbed) last week. Now to make sure they don't charge me again since I unsubbed. :/

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! Mine has a survey available...for the Kinerase firming cream that I didn't get in the last box!
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Tygrlilee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I got the box with Gloss & Pencil. Its not a bad box, but was really looking forward to the balm & shadow box. But all in all, not dissatisfied. At first, I didnt like the gloss, but after a few uses, I am starting to really like it. I dont goop a whole lot on, just a thin layer. It seems to last longer than your typical gloss & actually has moisturized my lips after the fact. The pencil will last me forever & a day because I dont use a pencil hardcore for my brows, I only use it on my left end brow because its thinner than my right, so I just even em out. Its a nice color & blends in great. The lotion packet is nice, smells like a generic to me, but works better than. The heel balm is nice, its got a light scent, and works pretty good as well. So, not a total wash, but I would really like to see GB stay universal with sending out primary products so they can focus more on personal profiles for color preferences & the such. Still do a variation, but keep their variations kept to their perfume samples, "packets" of whatever, and things like that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I decided to take my own prior advice and try everything from the box - often my least favorite item from Birchbox turned out to my fav!  Originally i was disappointed with the Glossybox and put things on the swap list - but I decided to close my listing and try things.

The gloss has also grown on me.  I am picky on eyeshadows (pretty much stick to UD) so was glad for the gloss.  I need to pull the pencil out and try it out.

I'm not sure I like the shampoo/conditioner at all though.  It seemed pretty drying and I don't need it to strip the red highlights I put in this go-round with my blonde.  That might be gifted to hubby...or to the kiddo.

-L

does anyone want to trade? I got the senna lipgloss, I am not really looking for anything specific I just didn't know if someone really wanted it. Just pm me if you're interested 

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I decided to take my own prior advice and try everything from the box - often my least favorite item from Birchbox turned out to my fav!  Originally i was disappointed with the Glossybox and put things on the swap list - but I decided to close my listing and try things.

The gloss has also grown on me.  I am picky on eyeshadows (pretty much stick to UD) so was glad for the gloss.  I need to pull the pencil out and try it out.

I'm not sure I like the shampoo/conditioner at all though.  It seemed pretty drying and I don't need it to strip the red highlights I put in this go-round with my blonde.  That might be gifted to hubby...or to the kiddo.

-L
I really like the gloss, too. It's a great color combo for me (I got "Dreamglow", which is like a mauvey rose and a nude-ish coral), and I like the way it smells, feels, looks and wears. Plus it has two colors in one, woohoo! I was sad to read so many people thought it was gross or cheap, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My only complaint is that it does seem difficult to get much out of the little tubes. There is too much suction in the tube or something!

The shampoo/conditioner was the only thing I was really bummed about, because I don't have color-treated hair, and then all the talk of sulfates... Well at least I learned a lot about sulfates as a result! Hee hee

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like the gloss, too. It's a great color combo for me (I got "Dreamglow", which is like a mauvey rose and a nude-ish coral), and I like the way it smells, feels, looks and wears. Plus it has two colors in one, woohoo! I was sad to read so many people thought it was gross or cheap, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My only complaint is that it does seem difficult to get much out of the little tubes. There is too much suction in the tube or something!

The shampoo/conditioner was the only thing I was really bummed about, because I don't have color-treated hair, and then all the talk of sulfates... Well at least I learned a lot about sulfates as a result! Hee hee
It looks really pretty! It's definitely NOT cheap. Those tubes are $22 each. You got your box worth right there in one product!

The color and smell of the gloss were nice but the texture was outrageously sticky to me. Even my hub said something about it after smooching me.

I do not color my hair currently but I found the foamy conditioner really agreed with my hair. It was super light and detangled me really well. The shampoo smelled really nice as well.

The color and smell of the gloss were nice but the texture was outrageously sticky to me. Even my hub said something about it after smooching me.

I do not color my hair currently but I found the foamy conditioner really agreed with my hair. It was super light and detangled me really well. The shampoo smelled really nice as well.
Good to know! Maybe I should give it a try... Several people said it dried out their hair. Did you use the shampoo, too?

Good to know! Maybe I should give it a try... Several people said it dried out their hair. Did you use the shampoo, too?
For me I used both -- I have thickkk hair thats somewhat dry. Shampoo wasnt too bad (dried out my hair), but the conditioner wasnt sufficient at all. I used tennis ball sized after tennis ball sized amounts ( as recommended on the back lol) and I still couldn't feel any "moisturizing" from it. It was enough to make me throw out both and go for cheap drug store stuff. It may work better on non-colored thinner hair..

Same for me! When I try to put the gloss on, I can never get enough on my lips. It feels like barely anything was coming off on the wand. It also felt a little....grainy to me. I did like the way it looked on though. It's really pretty. I got the pink and the coral colors.

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me I used both -- I have thickkk hair thats somewhat dry. Shampoo wasnt too bad (dried out my hair), but the conditioner wasnt sufficient at all. I used tennis ball sized after tennis ball sized amounts ( as recommended on the back lol) and I still couldn't feel any "moisturizing" from it. It was enough to make me throw out both and go for cheap drug store stuff. It may work better on non-colored thinner hair..
It didn't feel like it was moisturizing it when I had it on my hair. It felt almost like nothing but when I got out and brushed it I found it was soft and very easy to brush. As you say, it may be specific to fine hair though.

Yes. I have very fine straight hair so the light product worked really nice. Most detangling conditioners weigh my hair down and make me look like a drowned rat. This left it fluffy.

It didn't feel like it was moisturizing it when I had it on my hair. It felt almost like nothing but when I got out and brushed it I found it was soft and very easy to brush. As you say, it may be specific to fine hair though.

Yes. I have very fine straight hair so the light product worked really nice. Most detangling conditioners weigh my hair down and make me look like a drowned rat. This left it fluffy.
I have thin, straight hair, so I guess I should give it a try! Thanks for your feedback. I was definitely ready to trade it or toss it.

For those of you that are still having trouble with your surveys, I sent them an email last night and actually got a response a little bit ago...

AUG 07, 2012  |  12:07PM EDT GLOSSYBOX Customer Care replied:

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for trying all of our tips! I do apologize for the confusion and inconvenience. Due to technical errors, the July surveys are not currently available. However they should be ready in about a week, so please try again at that time. I apologize again, and please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

I haven't been able to fill out any surveys since joining... from a development standpoint, this really should be an easy fix for them if they had a sufficient web developer. It seems they have the marketing in place and a social media presence.. I'm surprised they haven't invested in this small part, as it makes their final deliverables looks somewhat sloppy.

Just got samples of the body emulsion lotion in the mail yesterday for free from the company. The same size I got in my GB. 😡

Just got samples of the body emulsion lotion in the mail yesterday for free from the company. The same size I got in my GB. 😡
Again, I don't think it's fair to give GB grief about the size of the emulsion samples because they were extras above and beyond the five deluxe sized samples in the box. I was actually really glad they included them because they were one of my favorite things in the box so it was a nice freebie to receive. I agree with folks who are frustrated with GB for their customer service issues, high cost, shipping woes and product selection, but I will give them credit for giving 5 actual deluxe, multi-use samples in each box. Since the emulsion samples were specifically listed as being an extra, I have no problem with them being packets instead of larger samples (plus they gave us two of them, which was nice).

Back