Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the drugstore brands I really like Aveeno, Burt's Bees, Alba, Jason and Nature's Gate; and my more expensive faves are Aveda, Hair Rules and Gloss Moderne.

Originally Posted by tauwillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With all the talk of sulfates in the shampoo & conditioner, I'd love to know what everyone's favorite color safe hair products are.  I've been using Victoria's Secret color products, but found they also have sulfates.  :/  I'd love to know some decent options out there!

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

off topic but have you tried the ped egg? usually as seen on tv is a scam, but that little gem is amazing..
Actually I have but it didn't work for me...I guess my feet are just too dry  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the help though.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by mlsephora /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually I have but it didn't work for me...I guess my feet are just too dry  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the help though.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm really enjoying the heel balm! I'm also a Florida girl that wears flip flops 360 days out of the year and my feet haven't been this soft ever!

My box finally made it yesterday evening, and I got the gloss/balm variation. Honestly, I'm really happy with this month's box. If you're interested, here's a link to my un-boxing blog post: (deleted link per Terms of Service)

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I REALLY like your gloss!!! It's so pretty. I got the eyeshadow and I'm really liking it. Glosses are my weakness though.
I was really hoping for the eyeshadows, but I can't get over how pretty this gloss ended up being!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh and your blog has single-handedly convinced me to find some Ben Nye Final Seal! Great review!
Thank you so much!! I really can't recommend that product enough, and I'm so glad  you enjoyed the post. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Box twins! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish I could be as happy as you are about it. I unsubscribed several weeks ago and hoped that my last box would at least be worth the money spent, but I hated everything except the foot cream and the tin balm.

Originally Posted by singerchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box finally made it yesterday evening, and I got the gloss/balm variation. Honestly, I'm really happy with this month's box. If you're interested, here's a link to my un-boxing blog post: http://adorablenapalm.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-glossy-is-your-box-july-glossybox.html

Thanks everyone for the hair care product advice!  I'll certainly be exploring your suggestions to find the ones that suit me best.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Forgive me if I'm repeating, but in case you didn't see this:

I know everyone who received the Shea Terra Organics last month loved it. (Sadly, I did not get it, but I'm going to make good use of this deal!)

I received my Lucky magazine this month and noticed they are running a 'lucky daily' deal on this item.

I've posted it below as it is listed on the lucky.com website.

From Beauty Spy: Insider’s Picks

Shea Terra Organics 100% Pure African Black Soap

Regularly: $22

Lucky Breaks Price: $13.20

Order at sheaterraorganics.com and enter “lucky3†at checkout to save 40 percent.

I believe you have to click through lucky's website to order.  I've included the link to lucky's website below.  

http://www.luckymag.com/breaks/2012/08/Deals-From-This-Issue#slide=4

Originally Posted by maclothier /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Forgive me if I'm repeating, but in case you didn't see this:

I know everyone who received the Shea Terra Organics last month loved it. (Sadly, I did not get it, but I'm going to make good use of this deal!)

I received my Lucky magazine this month and noticed they are running a 'lucky daily' deal on this item.

I've posted it below as it is listed on the lucky.com website.

From Beauty Spy: Insider’s Picks

Shea Terra Organics 100% Pure African Black Soap

Regularly: $22

Lucky Breaks Price: $13.20

Order at sheaterraorganics.com and enter “lucky3†at checkout to save 40 percent.

I believe you have to click through lucky's website to order.  I've included the link to lucky's website below.  

http://www.luckymag.com/breaks/2012/08/Deals-From-This-Issue#slide=4
Thank you!

So - this might be a dumb question but I haven't found any directions anywhere.

How do you use the Pedix Heel Balm stuff?  Wet or dry feet?  Do you leave it on or rinse after awhile?  

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That almond body and hand emulsion stuff.... I LOVE it. I can definitely see how the fragrance wouldn't be appealing to everyone, but I find it intoxicating. I might buy a full-size, and I already have more lotions than I know what to do with, haha!
Haha I had the same response. I love the smell of it and my hands are so silky after using it. I ordered a full size off of their site. They have a half off sale at least for today so the price is $10. I also found a free shipping code from retailmenot. The code is SCFS12.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you use the Pedix Heel Balm stuff?  Wet or dry feet?  Do you leave it on or rinse after awhile?  
I used it on dry feet after a shower and it worked good.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha I had the same response. I love the smell of it and my hands are so silky after using it. I ordered a full size off of their site. They have a half off sale at least for today so the price is $10. I also found a free shipping code from retailmenot. The code is SCFS12.

I used it on dry feet after a shower and it worked good.
thanks!!!

I have been using sulfate shampoos lately HOPING that it'll help my hair color fade...LOL.  I usually try to avoid them (not because I necessarily think they're going to kill me or anything over the top like that, I've just been trying to use fewer harsh chemicals on my body, etc). So far, still not much fading. SIGH.

I'm growing out my natural blonde from medium to dark brown and I'm only about an inch in, and it's excruciating.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its a moisturizer, its a leave-on. I use it for my entire foot, not just the heels. It works pretty good. Depending on how dry your feet are, use a dime size for each foot, a little more for dryer skin. But it should last you awhile. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, I got the box with Gloss & Pencil. Its not a bad box, but was really looking forward to the balm & shadow box. But all in all, not dissatisfied. At first, I didnt like the gloss, but after a few uses, I am starting to really like it. I dont goop a whole lot on, just a thin layer. It seems to last longer than your typical gloss & actually has moisturized my lips after the fact. The pencil will last me forever & a day because I dont use a pencil hardcore for my brows, I only use it on my left end brow because its thinner than my right, so I just even em out. Its a nice color & blends in great. The lotion packet is nice, smells like a generic to me, but works better than. The heel balm is nice, its got a light scent, and works pretty good as well. So, not a total wash, but I would really like to see GB stay universal with sending out primary products so they can focus more on personal profiles for color preferences & the such. Still do a variation, but keep their variations kept to their perfume samples, "packets" of whatever, and things like that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back