Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed.  They billed me on 7/12,  I cancelled 7/20, got my tired July box yesterday 8/1.  They didn't seal the the contents wrapped in papera nd the ribbon was just thrown  in the box.  Glad the products were not used and didn't spill this time!     They're un-professional, arrogant and they don't know or care about giving excellent customer service and about how consumers feel about their service.  Glad to not be supporting bad business practices.  C-ya GB! No regrets!  Shout out to Birchbox!
I've read about those accounts on here but my personal experience couldn't be farther from this assessment. All my boxes have been perfectly packaged, nothing spilled, no customer service problems, no billing problems. If I had never seen this thread I would be totally oblivious to any negative issues. They are, in my opinion, so much better than BB it isn't even a contest. My last BB had 5 foil packets, a tiny perfume sample, and I can't even remember the rest so that's how exciting it was. Not to mention my face wash that was expired and smelled like vomit back in April.

I truly believe if you put GB products in a BB everyone would love them more. I think feelings about the GB the company affect feelings about the products. I'm really sorry some of you couldn't have the same good experience I'm having.

The only thing I like about Glossybox right now is the pink box.  But that's a pricey box.  Not interested in giving them another chance.  I think that if they were honest with their subscribers and explained that they're a new business and didn't expect the popularity so fast etc., people would accept that and work with them.  I know there was a short time that Birch box was experinecing that, but they handled it with the utmost profesionalism with apologies that were individual.  Instead GB really took it personal that people were complaining, would delete negative comments from FB and CS were rude and they would send blanket responses to everyone, were dishonest and the list goes on.  I'd rather support another business, although I'm trying to keep it at 3 right now. 

I feel you.  The only item that piqued my ineterst was the heel cream.  They didn't wrap and seal the items in my box, just thrown in.  Ribbon was thrown in, not tied. Luckily no products were used or spilled this time.  Not excited about the shampoo/conditioner; will use the hand cream, heel cream.  I never use eybrow pencil, I supoose it could be used as an eyeliner.  I read comments about people being unhappy with BB, but it's $10 and if you get a tired box some months, you know a good one will be coming around at some point and it doesn't hurt your pocket as much as $21 or more.  They won't please us all of the time, but most of the time I'm really psyched

Originally Posted by reepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the mineral eye shadow in Cloud 9 (blues).  Anyone want to trade colors?
I got the same ones and was also considering a trade. I haven't worn blue eyeshadow since the 80s! Does anyone that got Cloud 9 have pics or suggestions on how to wear these colors? Maybe if I knew the right way to apply them it might look okay. I'm just so used to wearing browns.

I got my box today. It's alright. But I really wish I had gotten the eyeshadow instead of the lipgloss. Thankfully the lipgloss colors I received are totally nice though.

One side is Moonbeam and the other is a pretty pink. It's missing the name sticker on that side though.

I'll totally use all the products in the box, I just don't personally feel like it was worth the money for the box. I know shipping is expensive though, so that probably plays into things.

I don't think the box is terrible, but I already have MyGlam and Birchbox, so I feel like I'd rather keep those instead of having this one. I cancelled my Glossybox last week just so I don't get billed for August, and I don't regret it at all.

I'm confused. I thought that if you got the box with the gloss you also got the eyebrow pencil? I looked and looked and didn't find one. I really don't know what to do cuz I already canceled. Don't know if it's worth the hassle.

Originally Posted by tilliefairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm confused. I thought that if you got the box with the gloss you also got the eyebrow pencil? I looked and looked and didn't find one. I really don't know what to do cuz I already canceled. Don't know if it's worth the hassle.
Not necessarily--I think some people got the gloss and the balm too.  I think the box variations were:

• All: Shampoo, conditioner, heel balm
  • 2 items from: Eye shadow, lip gloss, lip balm, brow pencil
  • 1 item from: Blushed towelette, Caswell-Massey sachets

This is my second month with Glossybox, I have actually been pretty happy with them.  I got a 1-yr subscription, so I am paying about 18.50/month (no tax).  I haven't had any leakage or credit card problems, and my boxes have been well package/ribbons tied into bows.  I can't say that I love everything in the boxes, but they definitely prompt me to try products/brands I don't normally use. 

I got the box with lipgloss and brow pencil this time, fortunately for me, the brow pencil is a perfect match.  The lipgloss is a bit on the sticky side, but I will still use it.  The heel cream has a light minty smell, which I like.  I've never used Sebastian hair products before, will have to see how that goes. 

I got my first box in the first week of July (June box), and my July box on August 1st.  My July box sat at the Newgistics facility for a week before it started moving.  Not a big deal for me though, as long as I get them about a month apart.  So far so good
smile.gif

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I truly believe if you put GB products in a BB everyone would love them more. I think feelings about the GB the company affect feelings about the products. I'm really sorry some of you couldn't have the same good experience I'm having.
I'm not so sure it's a BB/GB dichotomy, since so many have voiced irritation w/BB in the last few months, too. I DO think it's because so many people are comparing GB to the other established GB franchises.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today. It's alright. But I really wish I had gotten the eyeshadow instead of the lipgloss. Thankfully the lipgloss colors I received are totally nice though.

One side is Moonbeam and the other is a pretty pink. It's missing the name sticker on that side though.

I'll totally use all the products in the box, I just don't personally feel like it was worth the money for the box. I know shipping is expensive though, so that probably plays into things.

I don't think the box is terrible, but I already have MyGlam and Birchbox, so I feel like I'd rather keep those instead of having this one. I cancelled my Glossybox last week just so I don't get billed for August, and I don't regret it at all.
Cheers to you!  I hope you don't get billed, I cancelled and they sure did bill me right away!  Didn't even have a chance to receive the previous box and then dislike it, then cancel the new one.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed.  They billed me on 7/12,  I cancelled 7/20, got my tired July box yesterday 8/1.  They didn't seal the the contents wrapped in papera nd the ribbon was just thrown  in the box.  Glad the products were not used and didn't spill this time!     They're un-professional, arrogant and they don't know or care about giving excellent customer service and about how consumers feel about their service.  Glad to not be supporting bad business practices.  C-ya GB! No regrets!  Shout out to Birchbox!
I've read about those accounts on here but my personal experience couldn't be farther from this assessment. All my boxes have been perfectly packaged, nothing spilled, no customer service problems, no billing problems. If I had never seen this thread I would be totally oblivious to any negative issues. They are, in my opinion, so much better than BB it isn't even a contest. My last BB had 5 foil packets, a tiny perfume sample, and I can't even remember the rest so that's how exciting it was. Not to mention my face wash that was expired and smelled like vomit back in April.

Not necessarily. The products they have sent out are not, in my opinion, the best of international brands, and I'd be just as disappointed with receiving that crappy lip gloss and an eyebrow pencil in a Birchbox (and I have been equally disappointed with Birchboxes in the past). I could get a better lip gloss at the dollar store. At least lipglosses I've gotten from ALL of my other subs have been usable.

And, frankly, paying more than twice as much for GB does make my standards for it higher. My only feelings about them as a company are that they aren't sending out what they've promised, period.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the "Moonbeam" is the name of the duo together, not each individual color. I have "Dreamglow" and the sticker is also only on one side. I looked up the color options on the Senna website, and it appeared there was only one name. I guess that makes it easier, but it would be nice to have the individual colors in case someone wanted to purchase the one they really liked without the other.

That almond body and hand emulsion stuff.... I LOVE it. I can definitely see how the fragrance wouldn't be appealing to everyone, but I find it intoxicating. I might buy a full-size, and I already have more lotions than I know what to do with, haha!

I think they should do away with box variations because of the box envy factor. Sure, not everyone uses every kind of makeup product.. but how is it really fair for someone to be receiving lipgloss and pencil (which I got) vs. someone who got balm, and eyeshadow palette? The same with last month, I didn't get the Shea butter, kinerase and mascara (which seemed like a package deal), and instead got eyeshadow primer, VBeaut creme (almost seemed like an empty product).

I like the magazine, but it's disappointing they don't utilize the magazine to highlight the products that are in the box. Instead, most of the products they recommend and are excited about are either out of a reasonable price range or ones that totally get our hopes up for upcoming boxes. Hey, I like to dream as much as the next girl that I'll be seeing Chanel in these boxes (but it's my understanding Chanel doesn't colloborate with makeup subscription services).

With all the talk of sulfates in the shampoo & conditioner, I'd love to know what everyone's favorite color safe hair products are.  I've been using Victoria's Secret color products, but found they also have sulfates.  :/  I'd love to know some decent options out there!

Originally Posted by tauwillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With all the talk of sulfates in the shampoo & conditioner, I'd love to know what everyone's favorite color safe hair products are.  I've been using Victoria's Secret color products, but found they also have sulfates.  :/  I'd love to know some decent options out there!
Most shampoos out there labeled as being for color treated hair actually have sulfates! I do use shampoos with sulfates sometimes, but I definitely understand why people get irritated. 

Some good ones I have used are (note: these are not necessarily labeled for color treated hair, but they are sulfate free and more gentle):

Organix (can get at Walmart, CVS, etc. Lots of yummy scents).

L'Oreal Everpure, Evercreme, Everstrong, etc (different lines)

Aveeno Pure Renewal

Alba

Burt's Bees

Back to Basics

Pureology

Aubrey Organics

Kiss My Face

I'm sure there are lots more, but those are the ones I have tried. I really love the Organix Pomegranate and Green Tea and Vanilla ones, though I wish the bottles were bigger. I like the way Everpure works, but I don't care for the smell. I like Aveeno. My least favorite of these is probably Pureology...the shampoo is nice enough, but I dislike the conditioner.

Originally Posted by tilliefairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received the eyebrow pencil and the gloss.  Since you canceled, they probably won't care to replace it and I don't think it's worth the hassle.

Originally Posted by tauwillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live & swear by the Rainforest Radiance conditioner from The Body Shop. I last colored my hair in mid-March. I started using the conditioner in mid-May, and I had SO many people come up to me and ask if I'd colored my hair recently! So not only did it protect the color, it really made it glow and stand out!

I happen to have a travel-size sample up for trade if anyone wants to try it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The shampoo, too, though I don't use that one myself (need an anti-dandruff shampoo). Got them in a kit but don't need them since I already have the full-size and a travel-size version.

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not necessarily--I think some people got the gloss and the balm too.  I think the box variations were:

• All: Shampoo, conditioner, heel balm
  • 2 items from: Eye shadow, lip gloss, lip balm, brow pencil
  • 1 item from: Blushed towelette, Caswell-Massey sachets
I think so, but it was probably more like:

Eyeshadow or lip gloss

brow pencil or balm

Although I don't know if anyone got eyeshadow and brow pencil.  I just noticed the balm in both gloss and shadow boxes.

Latest posts

Back