Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that I'm 1000% done with GB, what beauty sub other than BB do you recommend?
 Myglam has definitely been stepping it up here lately. I resubbed last month (after cancelling Glossybox) just in time to get the July bag which I felt was a great bag!

Got my box yesterday, I was almost in shock that I actually received it in July. I got the eyeshadow box, mine is in the color "Satin Doll". I have been with them from the begining and honestly, I am not impressed. I have been much happier with my Birchbox and MyGlam. I cancelled, I will save my $21 for something else.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sebastian may be a drugstore brand, but it's expensive and I would have never purchased it. I'm glad I got a chance to try it. It's not like they gave us Suave or White Rain.

Love your blog and totally agree about the heel balm. It's really nice. I get a mint smell as well. Someone mentioned cat pee but mine was a nice light mint.
HAHA, I literally LOL'ed at the Suave/White Rain comment, AND the CAT PEE. HAHAHA!!

On another note, I ended up getting the eyebrow pencil (which is what I wanted) and it is the perfect color for me. I can see how it's not a universal color though. I guess I got lucky with that one.

Got my July box today. Got sebastian shampoo and conditioner, Ofra eyebrown pencil, Senna lip gloss, Caswell-Massey Almond and Aloe, and the Alessandro heel cream. I haven't tried any yet.

This is my second month with GlossyBox. I was excited at first to be able to sign up, but after the 2nd month I feel overall unimpressed. I did use most of the products from the first box but I just can't justify the $21 for it.

I cancelled a couple of weeks ago, but I received my last July/August one (sad face) today. Here's what was in it:

Sebastian Color Ignite Shampoo/Conditioner

Caswell-Massey Almond & Aloe Emulsion

Alessandro Pedix Free Heel Rescue Balm

Senna Gloss in Chocolate Cherry

Ofra Universal Brow Pencil

Totally hate my box.  I just paid $21 for heel cream and two packets of whatever lotion because I won't use the rest.  The eyebrow pencil I wouldn't use even it it were in a shade anywhere near universal (too dark for me), I won't use the shampoo/cond because of the ingredients (I don't use silicone in my hair), and the lipgloss in brown/pink is definitely not a color I can wear (redheads + brown gloss = BLECH.)

So, I'm bummed.  Keep or chuck?  If this were a birchbox I would be like, meh, it sucked but it was $10.  For $24 (NY tax)... grr.  Not impressed.  I'm not even impressed with the shampoo/conditioner size if I could use it.  

Needless to say I'd love to trade my brow pencil, shampoo/conditioner and lipgloss for... anything really.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by natalievi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my second month with GlossyBox. I was excited at first to be able to sign up, but after the 2nd month I feel overall unimpressed. I did use most of the products from the first box but I just can't justify the $21 for it.

I cancelled a couple of weeks ago, but I received my last July/August one (sad face) today. Here's what was in it:

Sebastian Color Ignite Shampoo/Conditioner

Caswell-Massey Almond & Aloe Emulsion

Alessandro Pedix Free Heel Rescue Balm

Senna Gloss in Chocolate Cherry

Ofra Universal Brow Pencil

Yup that's my box. The gloss is super duper sticky. The heel cream is really nice and definitely my favorite thing in the box. The eyebrow pencil is a little dark for me but I can put it on lightly. Don't color my hair but I might give those to my mom.

I hated that gloss... I was wondering if they added glue to the formula somehow XD

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup that's my box. The gloss is super duper sticky. The heel cream is really nice and definitely my favorite thing in the box. The eyebrow pencil is a little dark for me but I can put it on lightly. Don't color my hair but I might give those to my mom.

Well GB is sending me a replacement - finally - for my June box, refunded the $21 for July AND is sending me a July box. The rep sent me a tracking # for both. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

I am easy to please as far as contents of the box, but I find it really annoying that I can't give feedback right away. Is anyone else bothered by this, or am I just neurotic? :/

Good. I figured there had to be some error. I couldn't get CS to STOP calling me!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well GB is sending me a replacement - finally - for my June box, refunded the $21 for July AND is sending me a July box. The rep sent me a tracking # for both. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

I don't love it either. This really isn't worth $21.

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Totally hate my box.  I just paid $21 for heel cream and two packets of whatever lotion because I won't use the rest.  The eyebrow pencil I wouldn't use even it it were in a shade anywhere near universal (too dark for me), I won't use the shampoo/cond because of the ingredients (I don't use silicone in my hair), and the lipgloss in brown/pink is definitely not a color I can wear (redheads + brown gloss = BLECH.)

So, I'm bummed.  Keep or chuck?  If this were a birchbox I would be like, meh, it sucked but it was $10.  For $24 (NY tax)... grr.  Not impressed.  I'm not even impressed with the shampoo/conditioner size if I could use it.  

I think I've decided to unsubscribe again. It's just not worth even close to $21 for me...that's a lot of money to spend on some heel cream, sulfate-filled shampoo, and the world's worst lip gloss.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope you get it soon! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm still having issues with mine, and pretty much any email I send just results in them saying they shipped it.

They supposedly set my June replacement box via priority mail on the 23rd, but tracking hasn't updated from the "Electronic Shipping Info Received". Doesn't priority mail take 2-3 days to deliver?

My July box has had the same status (Departed Shipping Partner Facility) since July 27th, so I'm wondering if I'll get that one either.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am easy to please as far as contents of the box, but I find it really annoying that I can't give feedback right away. Is anyone else bothered by this, or am I just neurotic? :/
They are just having problems with their website/surveys right now.  That's not their intention, I'm sure.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I've decided to unsubscribe again. It's just not worth even close to $21 for me...that's a lot of money to spend on some heel cream, sulfate-filled shampoo, and the world's worst lip gloss.
Agreed.  They billed me on 7/12,  I cancelled 7/20, got my tired July box yesterday 8/1.  They didn't seal the the contents wrapped in papera nd the ribbon was just thrown  in the box.  Glad the products were not used and didn't spill this time!     They're un-professional, arrogant and they don't know or care about giving excellent customer service and about how consumers feel about their service.  Glad to not be supporting bad business practices.  C-ya GB! No regrets!  Shout out to Birchbox!

As much as I was unhappy with how long it took for a resolution (which is still pending) I think the problem Glossybox is that it's growing too fast in such a short amount of time. I don't think they anticipated it would be as popular as it has been and thus do not have adequate staff on board to handle things (much like when MyGlam first started). The question is can they learn from their mistakes, rectify those mistakes and put into place an excellent team to handle customer service? I don't know. This is why I won't restart my Glossybox subscription in the near future BUT I'm willing to give them another chance down the road. The products are good products, can't say they're sending out cheap junk, BUT at $21 a month I except better service from them. If Birchbox can have good products and excellent CS for $10 a month other companies can as well.

Latest posts

Back