Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to cancel online? I tried looking through the site but didn't wasn't sure how to. I did email them at contact glossybox but haven't received a response.

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it possible to cancel online? I tried looking through the site but didn't wasn't sure how to. I did email them at contact glossybox but haven't received a response.
Log into your account on Glossybox.com, click on "Recurring Profiles" on the left. Then click where it says monthly subscription and a very small, hard to decipher "cancel subscription" button is on the very bottom right of that page.

Okay so GB charged my card last week and I got an email today that they couldn't charge my card...um...? I only keep enough on that card so they can charge me once. I'm so confused...I think this confirmed my decision to cancel for now.

Originally Posted by shanny21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Log into your account on Glossybox.com, click on "Recurring Profiles" on the left. Then click where it says monthly subscription and a very small, hard to decipher "cancel subscription" button is on the very bottom right of that page.
Thanks a bunch!
wink3.gif

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay so GB charged my card last week and I got an email today that they couldn't charge my card...um...? I only keep enough on that card so they can charge me once. I'm so confused...I think this confirmed my decision to cancel for now.
The same happened with me. I checked the only two possible cards I would use for my account. One is a debit from my bank and the other is a credit card. There is more than enough money for them to have charged me and with reading other girls' issues here it made me uneasy. This is one of several reasons why I decided to cancel.

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe you go to your account and click on Recurring Profiles, and then click on the subscription. Should be able to cancel there. I canceled through the web site.

The same happened with me. I checked the only two possible cards I would use for my account. One is a debit from my bank and the other is a credit card. There is more than enough money for them to have charged me and with reading other girls' issues here it made me uneasy. This is one of several reasons why I decided to cancel.
Yeah but what makes this more strange is that the new charge from last week is already posted to my credit card, so not sure why they are trying to charge me again. Unless, they are trying to reactivate the original subscription which they had issues with and made me resubscribe like so many others here. My head hurts...

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I re-subbed too. : I couldn't help myself! The curiosity was killing me. At least I wasn't expecting to get it and it's supposed to ship out next week already. I still might cancel after this month, but with two free BB, I had to have an excuse to spend the same amount of money.
Same here. When I finally got my box, I loved every bit of it. Hopefully the July/August box will ship soon and I will not regret re-subbing.

Well, Glossybox said we'd have our tracking numbers by Wednesday on Facebook. Let's see if that happens.

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, Glossybox said we'd have our tracking numbers by Wednesday on Facebook. Let's see if that happens.
My fingers are crossed!

Just received my box after ordering 6/27.  The box is beautiful, as is the presentation.  Not happy that GB didn't think to put a piece of tape on the Ahava cream wash.  Lucky for me only a little spilled in the box.  Underwhelmed with the box considering what I had to go through to get it and for the price as well.  Giving away the ugly eye shadow as well as the Urban organic perfume that was half filled or half empty and smelled like bourbon for real!  Not as described!   Not at all interested in the vbeaute products.  Glad I cancelled.  Hope I cancelled in time to not receive the July box, but knowing how sleazy they operate, I've probably been billed and will receive the box in Sept.  I better log-on and make sure I'm cancelled for real.  I rate Glossybox a 1, but they don't seem to care.  On FB, they delete all negative reviews.  If you can't stand the heat, you must DELETE!! So much for free speech!  SHout out to Birchbox!

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received my box after ordering 6/27.  The box is beautiful, as is the presentation.  Not happy that GB didn't think to put a piece of tape on the Ahava cream wash.  Lucky for me only a little spilled in the box.  Underwhelmed with the box considering what I had to go through to get it and for the price as well.  Giving away the ugly eye shadow as well as the Urban organic perfume that was half filled or half empty and smelled like bourbon for real!  Not as described!   Not at all interested in the vbeaute products.  Glad I cancelled.  Hope I cancelled in time to not receive the July box, but knowing how sleazy they operate, I've probably been billed and will receive the box in Sept.  I better log-on and make sure I'm cancelled for real.  I rate Glossybox a 1, but they don't seem to care.  On FB, they delete all negative reviews.  If you can't stand the heat, you must DELETE!! So much for free speech!  SHout out to Birchbox!
Exactly. not only that, they block members from ever posting again on their wall. I was a few weeks ago when I was mad i got charged for the next month's box before receiving the june box. there were 20 comments below mine that said the same thing so I wonder if they were all blocked too.

Like many of you, this will be the month to determine if I cancel or not. I'm really going to try and not take peeks early reveals. I really want to be surprised this month. Hopefully, pleasantly surprised!

I'm no longer subscribed to Glossybox (billing issues, lackluster customer service, the high price point, etc), but I am watching this thread really closely since if they pick it up and it looks like they fix these issues and the products are stellar, I might resubscribe. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone gets in the July box! Pictures must be posted, lol. 

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly. not only that, they block members from ever posting again on their wall. I was a few weeks ago when I was mad i got charged for the next month's box before receiving the june box. there were 20 comments below mine that said the same thing so I wonder if they were all blocked too.
I was hoping to cancel before I got charged for the next month's box; they're way ahead of me.  I got charged and I'm mad. 
icon_frown.gif
 Glad I cancelled and done with GB!

I cancelled right after they charged my account for July.  So July will be my last box.  I love the boxes, but not worth the trouble that we have all had.

I'm already antsy to get the July box. It's going to be a long wait. Freaking Newgistics. It took 14 days for me to get my Beauty Army box. I despise that company (newgistics). I have had no problems with Glossybox but I hate that shipping company.

Either way I've loved both boxes and found HG items in each. Can't wait to see what this month holds!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm already antsy to get the July box. It's going to be a long wait. Freaking Newgistics. It took 14 days for me to get my Beauty Army box. I despise that company (newgistics). I have had no problems with Glossybox but I hate that shipping company.

Either way I've loved both boxes and found HG items in each. Can't wait to see what this month holds!
me too!  I think the longer I sub the more exciting it's going to get.  I can't wait to see what the boxes will be like in the fall (I think I'm just over summer now and want cool crisp air already)

Latest posts

Back