Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by becarr50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's interesting that your mascara was dried out. Mine was so wet and goopy, but that should take care of itself in a few days. My Kinerase cream seemed full too, but I haven't tried it yet. Hope they send you new products and make the situation right. Make sure to take pictures, if you can, because I know some people were having to "prove" that their Ahava body wash spilled all over the box.
This was my experience. My mascara seemed overly full, and I used the Kinerase day and night for about a week. I did NOT enjoy the smell of this stuff. To be so expensive you think they could make it smell a little better.

I emailed them around the 3rd asking for my email to be forwarded to a manager since no one else I have talked to seemed to care, a week later I got a reply from the COO of the company, but I didn't really feel like his response was enough for me. He didn't really apologize for how I was treated and just defended their company. I didn't reply back to him because it was like talking to a wall. I don't regret unsubbing. But I hope that all the people that do stick around get their money's worth. 

Quote:Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them around the 3rd asking for my email to be forwarded to a manager since no one else I have talked to seemed to care, a week later I got a reply from the COO of the company, but I didn't really feel like his response was enough for me. He didn't really apologize for how I was treated and just defended their company. I didn't reply back to him because it was like talking to a wall. I don't regret unsubbing. But I hope that all the people that do stick around get their money's worth. 

That's too bad and doesn't speak well. Not even an attempt to assuage your grievances? Bad customer service, IMO.

I'm going to make a prediction that we get a nail polish in this box. We haven't gotten one yet. The first promo box had one but a main box hasn't.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to make a prediction that we get a nail polish in this box. We haven't gotten one yet. The first promo box had one but a main box hasn't.
Didn't we get a Zoya in the first "official" box?

I'm all for getting another nail polish!

Didn't we all get a Zoya polish? That was the first box everyone got in May.

I don't remember a Zoya! It made a huge impact on me! 
icon_lol.gif
How soon I forget.

I'm hoping we don't get a polish. I got two new ones this month in other boxes and I use Gelish anyway. Oh well they are good for trade.

I wouldn't mind getting an eyeshadow or blush!

I would like to say another picture would be fun to start guessing but I'd have to say the last picture didn't really reflect the box in my opinion! What do you think? But I'm ready to start throwing some guesses in ... I am also looking to get rid of my OFRA dumb plum if anyone wants to trade someday I swatches it once! But I am excited for next box. It's the box I will make the final call for keeping glossybox, hope it's good!

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to say another picture would be fun to start guessing but I'd have to say the last picture didn't really reflect the box in my opinion! What do you think? But I'm ready to start throwing some guesses in ... I am also looking to get rid of my OFRA dumb plum if anyone wants to trade someday I swatches it once! But I am excited for next box. It's the box I will make the final call for keeping glossybox, hope it's good!
I don't think last month's picture was a good representation of what we received either. Maybe the legs for the shave cream, but that's it lol. I'm pretty positive I'll be cancelling, just have to wait to get my tracking info and then I will. But if they really end up sending some high end brands like they advertised in the mag...I might be slightly persuaded.

I'm also wondering if I should unsubscribe while I'm ahead, but worried there will be some mishap with my July/August??/September?!? box. I just don't know that this box is worth the $21. I don't mean monetary-wise, because I know the box does have items that are worth that amount (like last month's mascara, which I actually didn't get)...I mean the box's worth in the sense that I'll use most of the products and end up purchasing or looking into the brand's line. I keep almost cancelling and subscribing for another Birchbox lol. I'm such a chicken...I want to wait for this month's box, but by then I may already be charged for the next one! Decisions, decisions,..

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think last month's picture was a good representation of what we received either. Maybe the legs for the shave cream, but that's it lol. I'm pretty positive I'll be cancelling, just have to wait to get my tracking info and then I will. But if they really end up sending some high end brands like they advertised in the mag...I might be slightly persuaded.
Well to be fair, I do see a lot of the brands we have received in that mini mag as well.  From a quick glance I see Kryolan, Ahava, Shea Terra, Kinerase, Beauty Addicts, Amore Pacific, CO Bigelow, and Phytojoba.

Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well to be fair, I do see a lot of the brands we have received in that mini mag as well.  From a quick glance I see Kryolan, Ahava, Shea Terra, Kinerase, Beauty Addicts, Amore Pacific, CO Bigelow, and Phytojoba.
C.O. Bigelow came in the raffle boxes, not the actual monthly ones. For $21, I expect more than overcharging, missing boxes, airy tubes, and leaking products. I'm hoping to see brands like Tom Ford, Nars, Dior...etc...specifically those that they advertised in the mini mag. That's more along the lines of what I'd expect/hope. I think the shea butter and shave cream were my fave products, but I wasn't wowed.

I think the boxes are being judged on everything but what's in them. If you had never come to this forum and just received your box in the mail, I think opinions would be different. Those two boxes are leagues away from BB, which is hailed as the best sub service. Yes, it's twice as much, but to me is more than twice as good. I have not had one problem with GB so all I know is that I've gotten two fantastic boxes and no CS issues. I only know about the issues with outhers because of these threads. Had I not read them I would be oblivious and thrilled with every unboxing.  Every box will not be a win for everybody. JMHO

ETA:You in my post is an all inclusive you. Not to anyone in particular.

C.O. Bigelow came in the raffle boxes, not the actual monthly ones. For $21, I expect more than overcharging, missing boxes, airy tubes, and leaking products. I'm hoping to see brands like Tom Ford, Nars, Dior...etc...specifically those that they advertised in the mini mag. That's more along the lines of what I'd expect/hope. I think the shea butter and shave cream were my fave products, but I wasn't wowed.
Preach on sister! Those are the brands I was expecting for $21 a month! I think birchbox does a better job at $10! Maybe it will get better!

I think the boxes are being judged on everything but what's in them. If you had never come to this forum and just received your box in the mail, I think opinions would be different. Those two boxes are leagues away from BB, which is hailed as the best sub service. Yes, it's twice as much, but to me is more than twice as good. I have not had one problem with GB so all I know is that I've gotten two fantastic boxes and no CS issues. I only know about the issues with outhers because of these threads. Had I not read them I would be oblivious and thrilled with every unboxing.  Every box will not be a win for everybody. JMHO

ETA:You in my post is an all inclusive you. Not to anyone in particular.
I think the first box had some good items and nice sizes. I also loved that they gave use products from all over. I loved being able to try things that I couldn't get here, but that's also a bad thing. If I loved something how am I supposed to get it? It would be great if they had a store like Birchbox where we could buy these products.

My second box was disappointing for $21 a month. 2 of my samples were tiny. One was a free perfume sample and it was in the smallest vial I've seen for those and it was only half full. The other were three tiny tubes with enough for 2-3 tries using them sparingly. Products like those are not what I paid $21 for. Yes I got a full sized item. I don't care for it, but that's not their fault. The other samples where good sizes as well. But overall I was underwhelmed with the whole box for that price.

I did end up cancelling, but will still get the next box as I was already charged. I never had an issue with CS or over charging, but with so many sample services out there I have to be picky, especially if it's for $21 a month.

Originally Posted by bloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the first box had some good items and nice sizes. I also loved that they gave use products from all over. I loved being able to try things that I couldn't get here, but that's also a bad thing. If I loved something how am I supposed to get it? It would be great if they had a store like Birchbox where we could buy these products.

My second box was disappointing for $21 a month. 2 of my samples were tiny. One was a free perfume sample and it was in the smallest vial I've seen for those and it was only half full. The other were three tiny tubes with enough for 2-3 tries using them sparingly. Products like those are not what I paid $21 for. Yes I got a full sized item. I don't care for it, but that's not their fault. The other samples where good sizes as well. But overall I was underwhelmed with the whole box for that price.

I did end up cancelling, but will still get the next box as I was already charged. I never had an issue with CS or over charging, but with so many sample services out there I have to be picky, especially if it's for $21 a month.
Couldn't agree with you more.. This is exactly why I cancelled as well.  I'm just not willing to pay that much for it.  If they lowered to price to like $15 I'd totally sign up again. 

Originally Posted by blushingsooner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Couldn't agree with you more.. This is exactly why I cancelled as well.  I'm just not willing to pay that much for it.  If they lowered to price to like $15 I'd totally sign up again. 
I'm thinking of signing up again, at least just for the month of August. Considering I'm getting two Birchboxes for free next month, maybe I can spend that money on a GB? Look at me rationalizing.

Back