Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just resubbed *BUT* did so this time with my prepaid card so if they do try to overcharge me and screw everything up, they CAN'T! =)

Originally Posted by wintersnowpeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

just resubbed *BUT* did so this time with my prepaid card so if they do try to overcharge me and screw everything up, they CAN'T! =)
High five! That's what I did, too!

I kinda like that GB keeps our boxes a secret until we get them...my hubby had never seen me so excited to open a box when I got mine the other day! Was so happy to get the SheaTerra and the mascara! I wonder what kind of things they have planned this month for the "glamour after dark" theme? Sounds promising for some makeup...!

I hope they send us something like what they're advertising in their magazine...some Chanel, Nars, Tom Ford, or Dior.....else it'd seem like an advertising scam. I'm ready to cancel after this box ships and don't want to think I can be so easily tempted.....but brands/products tthat high end can help me justify the cost of this sub. This month is my determining box, so I really hope GB pulls it together and can start smooth sailing!

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kinda like that GB keeps our boxes a secret until we get them...my hubby had never seen me so excited to open a box when I got mine the other day! Was so happy to get the SheaTerra and the mascara! I wonder what kind of things they have planned this month for the "glamour after dark" theme? Sounds promising for some makeup...!
I like that they keep box contents under wraps, too - makes it more exciting (even though I check the threads here until I get my Glossybox, but oh well lol).

I finally was able to Do my beauty profile take my surveys and get glossypoints:) bit havent got charged for july? Has everyone been charged now? Just wondering! It stills says active though!

I just got my first box and I'm disappointed. I guess it must be my June box, the card says June and the magazine says July. Anyways, my disappointment was in two of the products. First was the mascara. I was so excited to get a full size mascara. I went to try it out and either it was empty or dried out because no product comes off the brush. Second was the Kinerase cream. The tube had next to nothing in it. I went to try it out and didn't even get enough to try once. I know things happen when they are filling products, but two out of the 6 products listed onthe card were duds. I'm hoping it was just a fluke but it is disappointing none the less. I was so excited about the mascara. I had seen that others got eyeshadow and was hoping not to get that because I have so much eyeshadows that I don't need anymore. I had just ran out of my Benefit mascara and was going to go buy another. So when I saw the mascara I was stoked. But I can't use it. If not for the full-size mascara which retails for $20, the other products I got werent worth the $21 pricetag for the subscription. I got a Wella hair conditioner, a shave cream, a tiny jar of body butter and a perfume sample. Sure the box and presentation is nice but after having to deal with two fraudulent charges on my card the same day I signed up for a box and now receiving two products that were unusable, I doubt I will continue with Glossybox. I emailed them about the products (I will follow up with a phone call next week) I am giving them an opportunity to fix the problem. Hopefully, things will be resolved or I will cancel immediately.
I just got a response from customer service about my items. Here is what they said. " I'm so sorry to hear about the spill. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for reaching out to us about this. Of course you deserve to get your money's worth! We'll send you a replacement for your Beauty Addicts mascara and Kinerase cream as soon as we can. Thanks so much for your patience, we really appreciate it. Please let me know if you have any further questions, as well. Thank you." The email must've been a form letter that got sent out after the problem with the body wash. I'm glad that they are replacing the items.

I unsubscribed. I have liked the products so far, but the cost compared to Birchbox really sets my expectations higher. I've been disappointed with the functioning of the website, billing, and customer service. 

And with Birchbox, if I don't get many products in a box that I like, I can blow off $10, but if that happens with GB, I can't really blow off $21. That being said, I just signed up for the PopSugar Must Have box for $35, so it better be good!

Here's the email that I sent GB.

Quote:  I have cancelled due to the credit card problems, and did so priorto receipt of my June box (which occurred on July 3). However, I amHIGHLY disappointed in the experience that I had from your companyitself during the short time I was a subscriber. When I received myJune Glossybox, I was pleasantly surprised at the lovely aroma comingfrom the box--at least, I was until I realized that the lovely aromawas due to my Ahava body wash leaking slightly throughout the box andgetting on other items. Ok, a little disappointing, but since I dolive in Arizona, I thought it could be heat-related. Until, that is, Ipicked up the bottle and realized that the top was incredibly loose,to the point that if I had picked it up by the top, there very wellcould have been a major mishap. Hmm...ok. So then I saw the perfumeoil sample. It seemed odd to me that it was less than half-way filled,especially when Glossybox has stated DELUXE size samples, but Ithought nothing more of it, until I saw photographs of other unboxingsand realized that the VOC was supposed to be full. Hmmm...starting tobe a little annoyed at this point. Then, the piece de resistance! Iopened the eyeshadow (which, at least, was closer to three quartersfull than it was to half full), to see dried pink smears all over theinside of the box. I thought at first it was a result of the Ahavaleakage, but there is no fragrance to the smear and the smear isn'tlike an oil smear, more like a polish smear or some sort of otherpigmented item. At that point, I gave up. I don't know if theeyeshadow was a store return, or if the damage to the package occurredin packing, but regardless, this is definitely the opposite of what Ithink when it comes to a "luxury" company, particularly one thatcharges substantially higher fees than the competition.  I realize that you are dependent on what the cosmetic companiesprovide to you, and sometimes their package sizing or quality controlmay be lacking--but THREE products in one box that suffer an issue?Doesn't that seem somewhat excessive? I realize that since I havealready cancelled, this email may fall on deaf ears (metaphorically)but I did feel that I needed to address these issues and why I don'tfeel comfortable recommending Glossybox to others.
AND, here is their response:

Quote: Dear Marie , Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the spill. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Of course you deserve to get your money's worth! We'll send you a new replacement for the damaged items as soon as we can. Thanks so much for reaching out to us! Please let me know if you have any further questions, as well.Kind regards,

OMG, wow. That really did fall on deaf ears. That canned reply makes me shake my head at the poor example of customer service. I hope they at least send you a new box.

Yeah, the ambiguity of how they'll resolve this is very *eyeroll*, and the total lack of attention paid to what I said...I really shoulda stuck to my instincts and not subbed, but I figured "Eh, why not?"

I'm still waiting on info for the new stuff or the new stuff to just show up from my June box. I wonder when that will happen. lol.

On a wall it said if you didnt get charged by friday to contact them?? Smh ugh is this for real!!!

Here's the email that I sent GB. AND, here is their response:
their response is exactly like mine. Keep in mind I didn't get a box with the body wash that spilled all over. I got a dried up mascara and an empty tube of kinerase. All they did was change the name of the product. I have a feeling I'm going to cancel. They charge way to much for the stuff they send and the hassle you go through just to be a member.

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a wall it said if you didnt get charged by friday to contact them?? Smh ugh is this for real!!!
The CS rep I spoke to Monday told me that if I didn't get a charge by Friday, to call her.

Still no charge.

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally got my charge today! That's good news and it was only one time!
smile.gif
Woohoo! Just checked my Serve app - mine was charged too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finally got charged for mine also! This is the second month in a row I've been billed later than most people! 

This billing cycle is nutso. I am now on six months and if I get billed again I am taking it up directly with my credit card!

Back