Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to their email shouldn't the boxes be shipping out this week?  or maybe that is starting in August?  Either way I can't wait!!  

The only problem I had with June's box was that there were two different boxes. I liked that the first box that was available for purchase was the same for everyone except for the nail polish colors (and this is the reason I subscribed in the first place). For $21 a month, I don't want to feel like I didn't get a good box compared to other people. It seems petty, but I paid the same amount of money as everyone else and I want to feel that I got the same value out of my boxes as other people (especially since this month there seemed to be the general consensus that one box was "better" than the other). This is the same complaint I have with Birchbox and their 30+ versions of their boxes. But at $10 a month and with their generous point system, I can deal with a "bad" month here and there from Birchbox. Just wanted to add my 2 cents :) And with that said, I unsubscribed to Glossybox but now I'm wondering if I should subscribe again to get in for July's box - I don't want to miss out on something good because they decided to make up for all the problems that happened this past box! #firstworldproblems

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only problem I had with June's box was that there were two different boxes. I liked that the first box that was available for purchase was the same for everyone except for the nail polish colors (and this is the reason I subscribed in the first place). For $21 a month, I don't want to feel like I didn't get a good box compared to other people. It seems petty, but I paid the same amount of money as everyone else and I want to feel that I got the same value out of my boxes as other people (especially since this month there seemed to be the general consensus that one box was "better" than the other). This is the same complaint I have with Birchbox and their 30+ versions of their boxes. But at $10 a month and with their generous point system, I can deal with a "bad" month here and there from Birchbox. Just wanted to add my 2 cents :) And with that said, I unsubscribed to Glossybox but now I'm wondering if I should subscribe again to get in for July's box - I don't want to miss out on something good because they decided to make up for all the problems that happened this past box! #firstworldproblems
good boxes bad boxes are all subjective, everyone has different likes and dislikes.  Sounds like you might be better off saving the $21 a month and just use that towards buying something you know you really want, like maybe something from the boxes you didn't get.  I think it would save you agony and money :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't really think it is fair to be dismissive to someone with these concerns in regard to GB.The expectation with GB, based on some other boxes in other countries and based on the first two boxes was that all boxes would be the same. GB is also twice the price of BB.

Tinkerbll made it pretty clear the reasons why she feels BB can be more flexible on box content- price point, points system, etc. IMO, this is a reasonable position that leads to interesting discussion about consumer expectations and behavior; it doesn't deserve the old MUT subscription thread cliche of "you need to spend your money somewhere else".

Originally Posted by MKCurio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

good boxes bad boxes are all subjective, everyone has different likes and dislikes.  Sounds like you might be better off saving the $21 a month and just use that towards buying something you know you really want, like maybe something from the boxes you didn't get.  I think it would save you agony and money :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Soo the boxes should be shipping out next week I believe? OMG If they send out Nars or Chanel then I will cry happy tears!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't really think it is fair to be dismissive to someone with these concerns in regard to GB.The expectation with GB, based on some other boxes in other countries and based on the first two boxes was that all boxes would be the same. GB is also twice the price of BB.

Tinkerbll made it pretty clear the reasons why she feels BB can be more flexible on box content- price point, points system, etc. IMO, this is a reasonable position that leads to interesting discussion about consumer expectations and behavior; it doesn't deserve the old MUT subscription thread cliche of "you need to spend your money somewhere else".
My apologies I wasn't trying to be negative at all.  That came out wrong I guess.  All I was trying to say is girl take that money and go shopping! 

My friend and I were just talking about the same thing last night, she is new to BB and just got her second box and was like "WTF I got a energy bar?" so we sort of had the same conclusion about the situation.  

I'm hoping the boxes ship out soon or else it looks like we wont see our "July" box until August..... sigh I could have swore that email they sent out said the third week of the month but I can seem to find in my email now I must have deleted it.

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm hoping the boxes ship out soon or else it looks like we wont see our "July" box until August..... sigh I could have swore that email they sent out said the third week of the month but I can seem to find in my email now I must have deleted it.
Likewise! I swear I received an email saying they would be shipping in or around the 25th and yet I cant find any such evidence of it...are we hallucinating?

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They also responded/posted this somewhere on Facebook - I remember seeing it as well!

That's okay. I may have overreacted myself!

My apologies I wasn't trying to be negative at all.  That came out wrong I guess.  All I was trying to say is girl take that money and go shopping! 

My friend and I were just talking about the same thing last night, she is new to BB and just got her second box and was like "WTF I got a energy bar?" so we sort of had the same conclusion about the situation.  

I was the same way about the energy bar, but I sure did eat that thing about 5 seconds after opening the box. LOL
18.gif

Well, I caved, lol. I re-subbed this morning after telling myself I would wait until they got their act together more. Ive been keeping an eye out though, (FB etc) and it does seem, as little as it may be, they are starting to. It was just killing me, thinking I would miss out on a great box. And I really have been lucky to not deal with the total nightmares that some have had dealing with them (knock on wood). My issues have been minute & handled  promptly for the most part. Of course, Im still leary, but not as bad as last month. Not sure if they got a total handle of that cc issue yet or they are still denying it? But even so, I covered my butt on that too, so it doesnt bite me, just in case. Here's to a fantastic July/ Aug Glossybox!! 

beer.gif

Originally Posted by Tygrlilee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I caved, lol. I re-subbed this morning after telling myself I would wait until they got their act together more. Ive been keeping an eye out though, (FB etc) and it does seem, as little as it may be, they are starting to. It was just killing me, thinking I would miss out on a great box. And I really have been lucky to not deal with the total nightmares that some have had dealing with them (knock on wood). My issues have been minute & handled  promptly for the most part. Of course, Im still leary, but not as bad as last month. Not sure if they got a total handle of that cc issue yet or they are still denying it? But even so, I covered my butt on that too, so it doesnt bite me, just in case. Here's to a fantastic July/ Aug Glossybox!! 

beer.gif
I re-subbed too. : I couldn't help myself! The curiosity was killing me. At least I wasn't expecting to get it and it's supposed to ship out next week already. I still might cancel after this month, but with two free BB, I had to have an excuse to spend the same amount of money.

Just heard this back from Glossybox. Looks like comments about 3rd week aren't applying to this month or they weren't seriously. Well this is my last one so i guess it really doesn't matter.

GlossyBox.com commented on their Wall post.
GlossyBox.com wrote: "Hi Jessi, you will receive your tracking number by Wednesday. xx"

I decided to cancel my subscription. Haven't received it yet.   Too much drama, lack of good customer service; they don't derserve my business.  I ordered on June 27th and jumped through hoops with many phone calls and e-mails about receiving my tracking number. Website is a mess.   Too much work for all the problems so many of us are having.  I mean we're paying for a service and have to work so hard to get it and then you're not sure if the box will arrive, have all items in it, will be in good shape and then have to fight again.  They're so many other sub programs like Birchbox that are less expensive, easy to dea with, professional and not break the bank.  Once I receive my boxes, cause I'm sure I've been billed for August, I'll let you know how everything is.

No regrets about canceling!

I went to give feedback on the items from the last box,  but I don't see anything under surveys.  Did I miss the chance or am I just not seeing it?  Where did you go to do the surveys?

It says:

Surveys Currently there are surveys available

...and the rest of the page is totally empty

Latest posts

Back