Glossybox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they changed their website header with a new picture for the month:

Spring is everywhere, and here at GLOSSYBOX we couldn’t be more excited! For us, it's all about renewal - updating your look, refreshing your body. To help you shake off winter, we’ve arranged a delightful array of springtime beauty.

Commenting to get updates and find out spoilers... I got the Feb box (my first one) and was so unhappy with it.  I cancelled, but hope springs eternal, and if I like some of the spoilers I may resubscribe!

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If they give us a nail polish I'm hoping for one of Illamasquas new speckled ones! I know they used some Illamasquas products in the past and that would make my day! :)
Oooh, I love Illamasqua's products.  I haven't subbed to glossybox yet - I was concerned over some of the shipping time reviews. I'm interested in tracking the March box and then making my decision on subbing for April. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If they give us a nail polish I'm hoping for one of Illamasquas new speckled ones! I know they used some Illamasquas products in the past and that would make my day! :)
I just broke down and bought the blue and green of that line. Love the collection.

Those are GORGEOUS! Well, I'm not too crazy about the brown but I want every other one of them. If they were going to have that in this month's box, I'd be so, so, thrilled.

Originally Posted by rockhoundluna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those are GORGEOUS! Well, I'm not too crazy about the brown but I want every other one of them. If they were going to have that in this month's box, I'd be so, so, thrilled.
I'd be super thrilled too! However I did just buy the mint one. I couldn't resist, its my favorite color and I had a sephora gift card. Its so pretty!

UGH. I'm supposed to cancel this month. I've been planning to cancel after my free box for a couple of months now! And I hated February's box...but dang it, this Spring Fling theme is tempting me to stay...I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UGH. I'm supposed to cancel this month. I've been planning to cancel after my free box for a couple of months now! And I hated February's box...but dang it, this Spring Fling theme is tempting me to stay...I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN.
Maybe cancel now, and resubscribe if you like the spoilers?

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe cancel now, and resubscribe if you like the spoilers?
I agree with this! Especially since the last couple of months the spoilers have been pretty acurate :)

I'm tentatively looking forward to it because if it does suck, I don't want to get mad. A lot of people said the feb box was terrible but besides the snail mask (I was lucky to not get it!), my box seemed passable (barely lol). I actually really liked the 'nail rock' nail wraps and did hate a couple of things but I'm still subbed for now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm tentatively looking forward to it because if it does suck, I don't want to get mad. A lot of people said the feb box was terrible but besides the snail mask (I was lucky to not get it!), my box seemed passable (barely lol). I actually really liked the 'nail rock' nail wraps and did hate a couple of things but I'm still subbed for now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
One of the issues with the Feb box for me was that they called in an "International Style" box...to me, that was a chance to send out truly unique products from 5 different countries. Instead, we got two from the US (one of which was one of the worst lip glosses ever), nail strips from the UK that have a billion better dupes, and a bar of soap! The snail mask, in my opinion, was the only thing that truly fit the theme (regardless of ick factor for some, it is a unique international product :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ). I'd have been truly sad if I had spent $21 on that box!

But, on the plus side, every other box has been good in my opinion, so hopefully March will follow! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One of the issues with the Feb box for me was that they called in an "International Style" box...to me, that was a chance to send out truly unique products from 5 different countries. Instead, we got two from the US (one of which was one of the worst lip glosses ever), nail strips from the UK that have a billion better dupes, and a bar of soap! The snail mask, in my opinion, was the only thing that truly fit the theme (regardless of ick factor for some, it is a unique international product :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ). I'd have been truly sad if I had spent $21 on that box!

But, on the plus side, every other box has been good in my opinion, so hopefully March will follow! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I too have high hopes for March.

I really wonder if the reason why Feb. was so awful was because a lot of us got it for free. March will be make or break for me.

I really wonder if the reason why Feb. was so awful was because a lot of us got it for free. March will be make or break for me.
That's a good point...kinda crappy for those of us who haven't been subbed long though! I didn't think it was horrible but certainly a step down compared to January! Plus I'm just sad I didn't get the snail mask! lol

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kind of think that might be the case, and that's completely backwards from what they *need* to do.  What they should be doing is making that free box *fantastic* to keep you hooked so you stick around and pay the following month.  I know I got my January box (actually, *two* boxes, since they inexplicably sent me a second box) for free and got so sick of being yanked around about shipping** that I canceled before I even received that free box.  I had even resigned myself to never receiving that last box, and I really think they were ignoring me because I had already canceled.

It also wouldn't surprise me to find out that they had to scale things down for February due to the number of people who got fed up after January and quit, and it also wouldn't surprise me to find out that they realized that they were going to be seeing a lot of cancellations just as soon as people cashed in points and canceled after February.  According to this theory, it wasn't the free box by itself as much as it was their awareness that they were about to see a sharp drop in customers after they built numbers up in January. 

** My label was generated on January 31st, but that was the only shipping update, and it didn't get here until almost mid-February, but all I could get from Glossybox was a generic blanket assurance on Facebook -- since they weren't answering emails -- that all boxes *had* shipped, which I think was a CYA *lie*.

I feel like they have the themes and contents of these boxes planned out well in advance so that an increase in January cancellations wouldn't have an immediate effect on the contents of February's box. They probably already know the themes for the boxes through summer and are already arranging the contracts with most of the companies that will be providing samples. I just can't imagine that they wouldn't have this stuff planned out in advance.

I kind of think that might be the case, and that's completely backwards from what they *need* to do.  What they should be doing is making that free box *fantastic* to keep you hooked so you stick around and pay the following month.  I know I got my January box (actually, *two* boxes, since they inexplicably sent me a second box) for free and got so sick of being yanked around about shipping** that I canceled before I even received that free box.  I had even resigned myself to never receiving that last box, and I really think they were ignoring me because I had already canceled. It also wouldn't surprise me to find out that they had to scale things down for February due to the number of people who got fed up after January and quit, and it also wouldn't surprise me to find out that they realized that they were going to be seeing a lot of cancellations just as soon as people cashed in points and canceled after February.  According to this theory, it wasn't the free box by itself as much as it was their awareness that they were about to see a sharp drop in customers after they built numbers up in January.  ** My label was generated on January 31st, but that was the only shipping update, and it didn't get here until almost mid-February, but all I could get from Glossybox was a generic blanket assurance on Facebook -- since they weren't answering emails -- that all boxes *had* shipped, which I think was a CYA *lie*.

I feel like they have the themes and contents of these boxes planned out well in advance so that an increase in January cancellations wouldn't have an immediate effect on the contents of February's box. They probably already know the themes for the boxes through summer and are already arranging the contracts with most of the companies that will be providing samples. I just can't imagine that they wouldn't have this stuff planned out in advance.
Exactly what she said!

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, I agree. Hopefully, this month's contents are better than feb which was a step down from other boxes but I doubt that the increase in January cancellations (also, might it be possible that the amount of new subs stemming from the promised man repeller box outweighed or at least balanced out the cancellations?) was directly responsible for february's bad box. I do really really hope that this month's is better though ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I unsubsrcribed and didn't get the February box, but the Spring theme of the March Box is luring me in.  Grr.  

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I had originally thought as well -- until multiple months of late boxes rolled through.  Sometimes things feel well-thought-through, but other times, things feel very haphazard and slapped together.  

Back