Glossybox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I contacted them about it and they send it within like a week or two...and then this week I got it again XD 
Thanks!  It gives me some confidence that you received something.

I've sent them half a dozen email because no one seem to answer the phone... well when I'm calling?  I'll try them again at different times and maybe I'll be lucky too!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks!  It gives me some confidence that you received something.

I've sent them half a dozen email because no one seem to answer the phone... well when I'm calling?  I'll try them again at different times and maybe I'll be lucky too!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I think I called in the morning, around 11am eastern ^^ Hope that helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wanted to update my billing info because I have an old card on file but every time I try to click on 'credit card' no form opens up so I can't update my details. Has this happened to anyone else? I already got their "we couldn't charge your card" email but I think I'm going to have to call them.

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted to update my billing info because I have an old card on file but every time I try to click on 'credit card' no form opens up so I can't update my details. Has this happened to anyone else? I already got their "we couldn't charge your card" email but I think I'm going to have to call them.
Yeah, I would definitely try calling them. I called near the end of the day. 4:45pm (eastern time) and the call got through in one try. Every time I send them emails, it often goes unanswered.

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They seem to be 'glitching' with the free code consistently.  I subed for a 3-month in January and haven't received my 'LIPS' item yet.  

I've been following GB on MUT and it seems like many folks have not received thier 'code' item and that CS has has a bit of a broken 'give-a-damn'... my thoughts on re-subing will probably match their attitude.

On a brighter side, I just used the purple glittery matt nail polish and I am really loving it!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Aww damn. I wonder why GB keeps "glitching". If it's a website issue, they seriously need to fix it pronto because it's annoying to constantly contact them when there's an issue. I had hopes that their services would run more smoothly this month, but I'm afraid that it might not exactly be the case.

I love that OPI purple polish we received, too! I'm surprised how long it's lasted on my toes. It's been over a week and there's barely any chipping!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I contacted them about it and they send it within like a week or two...and then this week I got it again XD 
This is comforting to know! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I sure hope if I don't receive the eyeliner in the March box, they would send it to me after I contact them!

Yeah, I would definitely try calling them. I called near the end of the day. 4:45pm (eastern time) and the call got through in one try. Every time I send them emails, it often goes unanswered.
I get worried about the best time to call because I'm on the west coast so I think I'll try calling at the same time you did. I actually got a really quick response to an email I sent a week ago (it was answered the next day) but I think I need to call for this issue. Thanks for the advice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am debating whether or not I should resub....its so hard because its not a cheap box.

The cheek tint really got me because I love all blushes and tints.

But the modelco tint reminds me so much of benefit's benetit, its so hard to decide 
icon_neutral.gif
I was debating about this, too! I currently have Benetint but I'm low on it right now after I foolishly spilled it on the bathroom sink a couple months ago. I adore this stuff and was going to buy another $26 bottle of it. However, when I saw this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKLvYJEF-5Y I decided how nice the flush looks on the model (despite her looking quite miserable, her cheeks are lovely)! Her cheeks look naturally flushed--similarly in a way that Benetint shows up on both my lips and cheeks. And since the ModelCo is priced at $24 on their website, I justified spending $21 for the overall box reasonable, especially since we'll receive other goodies as well!

However, it's still a risk though because I'm under the assumption that all of us will receive the ModelCo tint. 

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get worried about the best time to call because I'm on the west coast so I think I'll try calling at the same time you did. I actually got a really quick response to an email I sent a week ago (it was answered the next day) but I think I need to call for this issue. Thanks for the advice
smile.gif
Aww no problem 
smile.gif
 and good luck! And yes! I'm pretty sure you'll get through on the phone if it's near the end of the workday at 5PM eastern. This was on their website:

For Customer Service inquiries, please send an email to [email protected] or call 1-855-738-1140 between 9 AM and 5PM EST.

Originally Posted by Dahnie Coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was debating about this, too! I currently have Benetint but I'm low on it right now after I foolishly spilled it on the bathroom sink a couple months ago. I adore this stuff and was going to buy another $26 bottle of it. However, when I saw this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKLvYJEF-5Y I decided how nice the flush looks on the model (despite her looking quite miserable, her cheeks are lovely)! Her cheeks look naturally flushed--similarly in a way that Benetint shows up on both my lips and cheeks. And since the ModelCo is priced at $24 on their website, I justified spending $21 for the overall box reasonable, especially since we'll receive other goodies as well!

However, it's still a risk though because I'm under the assumption that all of us will receive the ModelCo tint. 
Yup, I spilled some yesterday and I felt horrible afterwards. And my hands were all red and it took awhile for the color to get off my fingers lol. 

And I know if it was a promised item in all boxes I think I would buy the box because its a great price plus you get other items in it too.

But if the item is not in all boxes then I would feel bad for spending that money specially since I decided to give Sample Society a try this month. 

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, I spilled some yesterday and I felt horrible afterwards. And my hands were all red and it took awhile for the color to get off my fingers lol. 

And I know if it was a promised item in all boxes I think I would buy the box because its a great price plus you get other items in it too.

But if the item is not in all boxes then I would feel bad for spending that money specially since I decided to give Sample Society a try this month. 
Aw girl, I feel you! I was cursing myself after I spilled it and YES, the red stain on my palms stayed for the rest of the day. I scrubbed my palms until it was raw!

Yeah, I took the risk of re-subscribing convincing myself that all of us will get the tint. Now when I think about it, that's also a foolish thing I did to re-subscribe so quickly just because I was lusting after the ModelCo tint lol. Sigh.. the downside of having an addiction to beauty subscription services. 
eusa_snooty.gif

Originally Posted by pride /img/forum/go_quote.gif

we don't know that it's full sized though, do we?
You're SO right! Again, foolish me assumed that it was full-sized as well. I would be so sad if the tint came in a sample size to us. Just like love, beauty subscriptions make me blind! 

Ladies! I think we are indeed receiving a full-sized tint. Google search brought me to this person's blog post. It's a person from Sweden who is also subscribed to GB and she receive a full-sized ModelCo tint last month:

http://nyancy.wordpress.com/tag/modelco-cheek-lip-tint/

Happy dance! 
headphonedance.gif
Oh I need to stay off this thread! I am getting more and more tempted as the night goes on...plus it is past midnight which means I can only make bad decisions 

I'm excited for this month's box already just based on the ModelCo product. Really like the lip gloss duo we received in a previous box and am excited to try more of their products!

In that photo GB has up where it says "Spring Fling," I am wondering if the middle pink color is the Modelco cheek/lip tint, the bottom pink color is a polish we will get, and the top pink is a lipstick we will get. That would be really nice! Or it could just be decoration LOL

Ladies! I think we are indeed receiving a full-sized tint. Google search brought me to this person's blog post. It's a person from Sweden who is also subscribed to GB and she receive a full-sized ModelCo tint last month:

http://nyancy.wordpress.com/tag/modelco-cheek-lip-tint/

Happy dance! 
headphonedance.gif
Wow that box is great, knowing the tint is full size might give me the final push to resubscribe! Agh I need help ladies I keep debating whether or not I should get glossybox or birchbox  this month...

Originally Posted by Daliax29 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow that box is great, knowing the tint is full size might give me the final push to resubscribe! Agh I need help ladies I keep debating whether or not I should get glossybox or birchbox  this month...
Oh Dalia, that is a tough choice! I decided to subscribe to both GB and BB and justified it by telling myself I won't eat out as much. That's $31 for both subscriptions. I usually spend $10+ for tacos and a drink at Chipotle for at least 6 times a month! If I knock down the amount of times I nom on Chipotle, I won't feel as guilty. 
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by rockhoundluna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In that photo GB has up where it says "Spring Fling," I am wondering if the middle pink color is the Modelco cheek/lip tint, the bottom pink color is a polish we will get, and the top pink is a lipstick we will get. That would be really nice! Or it could just be decoration LOL

Ooh I am excited by your investigation! It would make a lot of sense if we get a lot of pink/rose shades in our March box, especially since the Spring Fling box seems to have a pink theme.

I also just realized that March is the month for when the cherry blossoms in D.C. usually bloom! 
ura.gif

Latest posts

Back