GlossyBox - May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This just posted on their FB page, honoring their 1st Anniversary celebration: 

I don't know why they'd post a picture of their April Box. I wouldn't really want to get it again even if they were full sized.

the name of the May box is called Celebration Box .

they updated their website but not anything telling on whats in the box. 

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know why they'd post a picture of their April Box. I wouldn't really want to get it again even if they were full sized.
I agree! It looks like there is an extra lipstick or something but when I noticed that facebook post I wasn't excited about it.

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While I liked the box, I wouldn't want another either.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While I liked the box, I wouldn't want another either.
Agreed.
smilehappyyes.gif

I am hoping they go all out since its their anniversary month.

Does anyone know of any freebie codes floating around? I want to subscribe for May's box, but I know as soon as I do they'll put out a good freebie (like they did last month with the zoya).

None on ebates.com, which is where I find them.

Does anyone know of any freebie codes floating around? I want to subscribe for May's box, but I know as soon as I do they'll put out a good freebie (like they did last month with the zoya).

Originally Posted by Lorenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd wait a little if you can stand it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

It's too early, if I am accurate... the codes for both freebie and % off are released when they are closer to the end of the order cycle for each month... in a bid to get as many subs in for that month.  

I'd imagine the the week of the 13th for May, start sweeping all your regular internet sources then.  But sometimes its difficult to wait...  Good luck!!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got this in my January or Februay Birchbox.  It is still sitting unused in my beauty stash.  Hopefully they are making this box a good one since it is the 1 year anniversary of GB USA.  I think after May I may have to break up with GB for a while.  For $21 a month I am not wowed or as amused as I am with BB and Ipsy at half the cost.

I totally agree with you! Going to stay with it since it is the anniversary month! But will probably taken another break from them!

Although I do like GB overall, the customer service just sucks! I don't know how else to put it! This is my birthday month and I only need 50 more points for a free box. I will purchase the May box, receive June for free, and I'm really thinking about canceling for awhile. I find uses for all the products but the quality of the box has gone down some. It's not all bad though but the CS issues need to be resolved! They also need to send out cohesive boxes if they're going to assign a theme!

So unsure if I want to get this months box or not.....I canceled after April, 3 boxes in a row that didn't wow me.  But then I realized it's GB's birthday month and am hoping they go all out.  I think I will try to wait it out until I see more spoilers or a coupon code.  I really want to love GB but just haven't been impressed in months
icon_sad.gif

I subbed for the first time only because it was the anniversary month and I am hoping they will have something good. I've stayed away for a while because I simply didn't see anything in past boxes that really interested me. 

Brad15 gets you 15% off which is what I used when I signed up. I know they usually have some better codes, but I didn't feel like waiting!

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd wait a little if you can stand it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

It's too early, if I am accurate... the codes for both freebie and % off are released when they are closer to the end of the order cycle for each month... in a bid to get as many subs in for that month.  

I'd imagine the the week of the 13th for May, start sweeping all your regular internet sources then.  But sometimes its difficult to wait...  Good luck!!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Ooh, good to know.  I may resubscribe with a code - my sub cancelled because of an expired debit card and I didn't need April's box but I may need May's . . . let the spoilers continue!

There's a 20% off coupon available now - not sure when it expires - leina20.  Also, if you sign up via ebates.com, you'll receive $2.75 back.

Now I need to decide how long of a subscription I want.  I've received 2 boxes so far...March I liked; April was ok, but not extremely exciting to me.  Any suggestions? 

Originally Posted by heatherdear /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a 20% off coupon available now - not sure when it expires - leina20.  Also, if you sign up via ebates.com, you'll receive $2.75 back.

Now I need to decide how long of a subscription I want.  I've received 2 boxes so far...March I liked; April was ok, but not extremely exciting to me.  Any suggestions? 
To me, glossybox has been kinda hit or miss, so I would suggest doing a month to month type thing.  That's what I've been doing since March and there's been a code both months, so I think it's pretty safe :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by latinafeminista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To me, glossybox has been kinda hit or miss, so I would suggest doing a month to month type thing.  That's what I've been doing since March and there's been a code both months, so I think it's pretty safe :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
That's what I've been doing too. If the spoilers are good enough I'll jump in, otherwise I like watching you all have fun.

I prefer a month to month subscription with all my subs. That way I'm not locked into anything if the quality starts falling. The savings for a year sub isn't enough to make me commit, even to the subs I love.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I prefer a month to month subscription with all my subs. That way I'm not locked into anything if the quality starts falling. The savings for a year sub isn't enough to make me commit, even to the subs I love.
That's really smart! I signed up for a 3 month plan and this will be my last box. I think that from now on I will be doing that as well!

Back