GlossyBox - May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got charged today too.  I hope the eyeliner pencil isn't in everyone's box because I need another of those like I need a hole in the head.

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got charged today too.  I hope the eyeliner pencil isn't in everyone's box because I need another of those like I need a hole in the head.
Agreed. I have about 4 UD black eyeliners from other bags, not counting other brands. Now I would be happy with a purple, or bright blue. Something with color, but NOT black.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed. I have about 4 UD black eyeliners from other bags, not counting other brands. Now I would be happy with a purple, or bright blue. Something with color, but NOT black.
THIS
iagree.gif

Originally Posted by pride /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to see more spoilers...this box is so not appealing so far!
Agree and agree. It's a bit of a snore so far.

And I am a happy GB subscriber and want them to succeed, but this is seriously meh!

We need color! Some fab color product would really help to turn this box around. C'mon GB!!!!!

I hope we don't get more black eyeliners I will be happy with any other color. Also no more mascaras  I don't think I need to purchase a mascara ever again I have so many to go through. Other than that I will be happy with some nice spring colors and nail polish always makes me happy.

I don't think I'd mind an eyeliner pencil as long as there isn't more blush.  I've had three months of blush from GB and think I'm now set for life.  The first spoiler looks like something I would use this summer.  Can't wait to see more spoilers as they come out. 

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope we don't get more black eyeliners I will be happy with any other color. Also no more mascaras  I don't think I need to purchase a mascara ever again I have so many to go through. Other than that I will be happy with some nice spring colors and nail polish always makes me happy.
Yes! Nail polish is always fun. If the color is too bright for my nails I can usually use it on my toes. Mascaras i don't mind but they are usually hit or miss- eyeliners- I don't think I will keep with the box if it is a darn eyeliner again. I ajm getting my first Starlooks box this month and cannot wait to compare!

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes! Nail polish is always fun. If the color is too bright for my nails I can usually use it on my toes. Mascaras i don't mind but they are usually hit or miss- eyeliners- I don't think I will keep with the box if it is a darn eyeliner again. I ajm getting my first Starlooks box this month and cannot wait to compare!

You're going to love it.

Originally Posted by amy005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. I was just wondering if anyone knew if 20 percent is usually the highest promo code that is offered for glossy box each month? I have already "subscribed" to ipsy, birch box and citrus lane for this month and am considering trying glossy box as well but wanted to see if there would be a higher promo code lol.
Ya- 20% is about the highest they go. If you do ebates you can get anothe buck or two off or so I've heard.

I am thinking of buying this box as a Mother's Day gift for all the mamas I know, I am really anticipating some spoilers to see if it will be worthy!

Is it just me...or does this month seem odd....very hush hush. All we know is that it's an anniversary box, right?

It does seem unusually quiet this month! I guess that picture of a black eyeliner didn't get people all excited.
rofl2.gif

I wish they would post more about the box. I cancelled after I got April's box, not because I don't love the boxes, but because I have way to many beauty samples to go through. I had about 4 glossyboxs full of samples for all the boxes and bag subs I get. I need to learn to use up what I have first. I'm thinking about cancelling them all throughout the summer. Then possibly start 1 or 2 back up in the fall. 

Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish they would post more about the box. I cancelled after I got April's box, not because I don't love the boxes, but because I have way to many beauty samples to go through. I had about 4 glossyboxs full of samples for all the boxes and bag subs I get. I need to learn to use up what I have first. I'm thinking about cancelling them all throughout the summer. Then possibly start 1 or 2 back up in the fall. 
I did the same thing in the fall with BB and Beauty Army and it really helps cut down on the samples! I actually got through a bunch of them. I couldn't believe at one point I was out of eye cream. That's something that I was always well stocked in from all the sample boxes.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it just me...or does this month seem odd....very hush hush. All we know is that it's an anniversary box, right?
It was the same way for the 2 year anniversary one in Germany.

Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think I'd mind an eyeliner pencil as long as there isn't more blush.  I've had three months of blush from GB and think I'm now set for life.  The first spoiler looks like something I would use this summer.  Can't wait to see more spoilers as they come out. 
I feel overloaded with both eyeliner and blush ... (although I think I've only gotten one normal color eyeliner from GB, the others were silver and orange, have also gotten a bunch from SS, all black).  Blush I've gotten at least 4 from GB in the last 6 months - the Glossybox one, the Tigi, Modelco, Tarte, even my Davinci color was pinkish/brown.  

I wanted that Tarte but I didn't get it. I have enough blush for a lifetime from all of my subs.

Originally Posted by brokebeautyblgr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya- 20% is about the highest they go. If you do ebates you can get another buck or two off or so I've heard.

Good to know, thanks! Just thought I would add leina20 no longer works, but chic20 works now for the twenty percent off and expires on the 12th from what it sounds like.. guess I have a couple more days to decide!

Back