GlossyBox - May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was the same way for the 2 year anniversary one in Germany.
Did they get anything good in their boxes? I guess I can just google it!

Originally Posted by LolaJay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was the same way for the 2 year anniversary one in Germany.
Did they get anything good in their boxes? I guess I can just google it!

I posted a pic of my box in the French glossybox thread. It was a good box but it didnt come in a box instead it came in a travel bag.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I posted a pic of my box in the French glossybox thread. It was a good box but it didnt come in a box instead it came in a travel bag.
Ah, yes i remember, the bag-box
smile.gif
 it wasn't bad! Wonder if we get a bag this month?

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, yes i remember, the bag-box
smile.gif
 it wasn't bad! Wonder if we get a bag this month?

Me too, I actually like mine.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it just me...or does this month seem odd....very hush hush. All we know is that it's an anniversary box, right?
They've revealed two products already - the My Mattifying Moisturizer and I guess this eyeliner and sharpener. So far I'm not too excited because I already got the mattifying stuff in my Birchbox and it was just meh for me. Black eyeliner is boring gimme bronze or emerald haha.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They've revealed two products already - the My Mattifying Moisturizer and I guess this eyeliner and sharpener. So far I'm not too excited because I already got the mattifying stuff in my Birchbox and it was just meh for me. Black eyeliner is boring gimme bronze or emerald haha.
I totally forgot about the My Mattifying Moisturizer. I'm kind of excited about that. The eyeliner is -eh unless it's an awesome color.

Ya'll may have totally discussed this already and if so, I apologize in advance...but I just noticed on my profile that it lists an approximate delivery date! It says May 27th. Interesting to see if that is actually accurate
smile.gif

I haven't gotten charged yet and I've gotten no emails about this month plus I checked my sub and it says no current recurring profile? Is my sub cancelled without me knowing it?

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't gotten charged yet and I've gotten no emails about this month plus I checked my sub and it says no current recurring profile? Is my sub cancelled without me knowing it?
Sounds like it...Did your card expire?

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya'll may have totally discussed this already and if so, I apologize in advance...but I just noticed on my profile that it lists an approximate delivery date! It says May 27th. Interesting to see if that is actually accurate
smile.gif
I saw that too. I am a first timer with Glossybox. I signed up simply because I am really hoping that their anniversary box will be amazing. If not, then I am cancelling. I already have enough boxes right now and could spend my $21 on more important things. From what I've seen in past boxes, I haven't been really impressed, but I didn't see anything I would have hated to get either. 

OMG!  I am so excited.  I must have been living under a rock because I am brand new to Subscription Boxes!

In the past week, I have subscribed to Ipsy, Glossybox, PopSugar, Fancybox, Blush Mystery Box, Target Beauty Box, Yuzen, and Julep.  I have become addicted fast...and I have only received two so far.

Anyway, I can't wait for my first Glossybox!  

Thank you makeuptalkers for getting me in the know!!!!

Originally Posted by MuffinTumble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG!  I am so excited.  I must have been living under a rock because I am brand new to Subscription Boxes!

In the past week, I have subscribed to Ipsy, Glossybox, PopSugar, Fancybox, Blush Mystery Box, Target Beauty Box, Yuzen, and Julep.  I have become addicted fast...and I have only received two so far.

Anyway, I can't wait for my first Glossybox!  

Thank you makeuptalkers for getting me in the know!!!!
 LOL, you don't waste any time. Welcome to our obsession! BTW, the Target beauty box is a one-time box and not a subscription.

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had the same thing happening and just got an e-mail that something went wrong processing my order. odd since there is nothing wrong withthe card. The site says itis down so i will call CS.

In for one because it's the anniversary box. I hope it's awesome. I'm curious about the matte finish moisturizer. With $2.75 back from ebates and the chic 20 code it was only $14. Hoping for more spoilers soon.

Originally Posted by amy005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good to know, thanks! Just thought I would add leina20 no longer works, but chic20 works now for the twenty percent off and expires on the 12th from what it sounds like.. guess I have a couple more days to decide!
Thanks!

I found a 20% coupon code for the May box. I do the monthly subscription but I go in and manually pay for my box because GB isn't consistent with the billing. They automatically charge you every month but so far it has been a different date every month so I look for discount codes every month and then order. I got the May box for $16 and some change. I refuse to pay full price since the boxes have become hit or miss! [Chico20] it says valid until the 12th! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by nikkinecol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found a 20% coupon code for the May box. I do the monthly subscription but I go in and manually pay for my box because GB isn't consistent with the billing. They automatically charge you every month but so far it has been a different date every month so I look for discount codes every month and then order. I got the May box for $16 and some change. I refuse to pay full price since the boxes have become hit or miss! [Chico20] it says valid until the 12th!
wink.gif
I tried the code and it didn't work already.  I keep wanting to try this box but I like to get a deal.  Every time I find a good coupon I enter it and it says invalid :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Just signed up for the first time! I'm hoping it'll be a good box since it's the anni. one. If not I will just unsub after because I feel 21$ is just a little too much for a monthly sub. I would stick with IPSY. But still hoping hoping hoping there will be some good items!

Originally Posted by mommybutterfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the code and it didn't work already.  I keep wanting to try this box but I like to get a deal.  Every time I find a good coupon I enter it and it says invalid :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
The code is chic20, no "o". It worked yesterday, so hopefully it's still active.

Back