GlossyBox - May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know you have an option to skip for Glossybox! Thanks for the information! I did the 3 months sub and just renewed for month to month BUT I still have that promo code for a renewal of 3 months sub ?!

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't know you have an option to skip for Glossybox! Thanks for the information! I did the 3 months sub and just renewed for month to month BUT I still have that promo code for a renewal of 3 months sub ?!
I wouldn't really call it "skipping" more like unsubscribing and resubscribing. It's takes a little more effort than the skipping button that Julep has but it's pretty seamless for me.

I wouldn't really call it "skipping" more like unsubscribing and resubscribing. It's takes a little more effort than the skipping button that Julep has but it's pretty seamless for me.
Really? This is Glossybox forum not julep lol I guess you have too many forums to replying to do! LOLOL mmmm that's too bad. I'm almost home and will take a look into it.

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. I was just wondering if anyone knew if 20 percent is usually the highest promo code that is offered for glossy box each month? I have already "subscribed" to ipsy, birch box and citrus lane for this month and am considering trying glossy box as well but wanted to see if there would be a higher promo code lol.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really? This is Glossybox forum not julep lol I guess you have too many forums to replying to do! LOLOL mmmm that's too bad. I'm almost home and will take a look into it.
No I meant that it's not like Julep. So for me, I skip Glossybox by unsubscribing for the month. I was just explaining that there isn't a simple button like Julep has.

Quote: Originally Posted by lexxies22 

No I meant that it's not like Julep. So for me, I skip Glossybox by unsubscribing for the month. I was just explaining that there isn't a simple button like Julep has.

Oh Really? that's sucks. 

Screenshot of email I received. This supposedly goes to the first 500 people who order May's box, but underneath it says *This is not a gift with purchase. Item is part of the regular Glossybox selection. So I'm wondering if that means the pencil and sharpener will be in all May boxes and really don't know why they bother with the whole "first 500" ploy.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Screenshot of email I received. This supposedly goes to the first 500 people who order May's box, but underneath it says *This is not a gift with purchase. Item is part of the regular Glossybox selection.

So I'm wondering if that means the pencil and sharpener will be in all May boxes and really don't know why they bother with the whole "first 500" ploy.

that is such a weird way to do it, given that its a monthly sub. most of us 'ordered' it months ago when we subscribed...

Originally Posted by heatherdear /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a 20% off coupon available now - not sure when it expires - leina20.  Also, if you sign up via ebates.com, you'll receive $2.75 back.
Thanks for pointing that out; I used the code and it worked. I did the three-month option through ebates and am looking forward to my first box! I admit I'm kind of swayed by the boxes themselves; I do a lot of craft projects and they'd be perfect for storing stuff. 

If 500 people get eyeliner, I wonder what the rest will get? Eyeliner is nice, but I wouldn't cry if I got something else instead. 

Just got charged today. I'm really hoping they do it up for their anniversary.

Screenshot of email I received. This supposedly goes to the first 500 people who order May's box, but underneath it says *This is not a gift with purchase. Item is part of the regular Glossybox selection.

So I'm wondering if that means the pencil and sharpener will be in all May boxes and really don't know why they bother with the whole "first 500" ploy.

Maybe they mean with re regular glossy box selection as in when you purchase the glossybox and not any other items? Sure is worded oddly.

Eh. So far Ispy is more exciting this month, at half the cost. I sure hope Glossy box has better things planned this month.

Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh. So far Ispy is more exciting this month, at half the cost. I sure hope Glossy box has better things planned this month.
I hope so too. It's my first month with Ipsy and I'm really excited for this month!

im not even excited for this months box considering i still have not gotten my april box

-_______________-

I laughed when I got this email. I unsubscribed after the last box. I saw this and thought, "REALLY? A freakin' black eyeliner pencil is supposed to make me want to want this?" Try again, Glossybox...

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really hope this anniversary box wows me.
Same here. If this month is just ok to me, I think I will unsubscribe and rather buy something else from the money.

Back