GlossyBox - May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a free Zoya polish with the code BDAY through 5/15 
smile.gif

So according to this, a video tutorial should give us a spoiler TODAY.. its 5/14 and I am getting impatient glossybox. My bb and ipsy arrived so its time to wonder whats in this box now :) (I think with my luck the item she is going to show is going to be the one they already told us about..sorry if this jinx's it!) 
I'm confused doesn't it say the tutorial will use something from April's box?

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first month with Glossybox. When do they usually ship? All my other subs have shipped by now. Are they late, or is it just their schedule to send towards the end of the month?
They ship at the end of the month. They say around the 3rd week but its normally later. 

Originally Posted by mstlcmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif
I had that e-mail too. Great deal if you are a new subscriber, the color looks cute but I am still waiting for something that is for active subsribers. I wish they had an invcentive as in -the first 50 subscribers that go on the website and claim the item will get it. I get that they want new subsribers but reading through this thread it seems like I am not the only one that is hoping for a wow experience from this moth's box.

I just cancelled. May will be my last month with GB unless they pull out something incredible. I'm really turned off by the fact that it takes them nearly a full month to ship boxes, yet they have no issues charging the first week of the month. You're lucky to get last month's box before they charge you for the next one.

Customer service is nearly nonexistent, there has been barely a peep of info about May's box, and they seem to put more focus into selling one-off boxes and advertising contests than getting monthly subscriber boxes out on time. For $21, I just expect a lot more. This month's Ipsy and Birchbox managed to impress and be incredibly connected and active with their subscriber base, and get boxes out a week after charging for half the price. I don't get why its so hard for Glossybox to do the same. The more I thought about it, the more it just seemed like Glossybox wasn't delivering compared to other more inexpensive subs.

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had that e-mail too. Great deal if you are a new subscriber, the color looks cute but I am still waiting for something that is for active subsribers. I wish they had an invcentive as in -the first 50 subscribers that go on the website and claim the item will get it. I get that they want new subsribers but reading through this thread it seems like I am not the only one that is hoping for a wow experience from this moth's box.
Ditto. I'm really frustrated with the promotions that I can't be included in. You would think they would create promotions to encourage people to be on auto-sub, but they do the exact opposite. I'm probably going to be un-subbing this month, just because it makes NO sense to miss out on these promotions like this.

I just can't believe there hasn't been ANY buzz or anything about it. I don't have Facebook, but the lack of updates here show me that they have been really quiet this month. It's my last month of my 3 month sub so I will most likely be done. I really haven't had too many complaints...it's been nice trying brands I've never heard of, but I think I'd like to give other subs a try too.

Originally Posted by hlroberts /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ditto. I'm really frustrated with the promotions that I can't be included in. You would think they would create promotions to encourage people to be on auto-sub, but they do the exact opposite. I'm probably going to be un-subbing this month, just because it makes NO sense to miss out on these promotions like this.
I know, I thought about it to just sub any month I like a spoiler and wait if they have an offer. It feels like they added two promotions for new subscribers every month. And then with all the codes you can use you get it cheaper anyway. Why would you not wnat to keep the subscribers who are already paying full prize?

I REALLY hope the Zoya is just a promotion and they aren't in all the boxes. I just do not like that brand and I keep getting them.

Originally Posted by mstlcmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif
I already cancelled my subscription. This offer looks tempting, but I just got a Zoya from Ispy and it was half the price. Unless they start doing awesome boxes, I think I'm out for good this time.

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know, I thought about it to just sub any month I like a spoiler and wait if they have an offer. It feels like they added two promotions for new subscribers every month. And then with all the codes you can use you get it cheaper anyway. Why would you not wnat to keep the subscribers who are already paying full prize?
Exactly. I wonder if glossybox needs new managers? Sounds like we know what they should be doing.
rofl2.gif

Originally Posted by saidfreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yup, it's a tutorial about the tigi blush.  nothing new :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

also, does anyone have surveys up for the april box yet?

Originally Posted by saidfreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh, I thought it was for this month. And apparently I cannot read. Sorry! 

Exactly. I wonder if glossybox needs new managers? Sounds like we know what they should be doing.
rofl2.gif
most likely.
smile.gif
Also regarding the surveys.. I am waiting on mine as well.

Anyone see the new sub called boxycharm? The only reason I am mentioning it here is because the website looks VERY similar to glossy box. I also noticed the box itself even looks like the a glossy box. http://www.boxycharm.com.

The site looks weirdly like GB.  I think the last version of the GB site though?  Except the brands listed look very drugstore, and still $21/month?  Seems a bit shady, honestly.  

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The site looks weirdly like GB.  I think the last version of the GB site though?  Except the brands listed look very drugstore, and still $21/month?  Seems a bit shady, honestly.  
It looks a bit odd to me as well. Quoting from the how it works section:  "5-6 FULL SIZE products from our team's preferred well-known brands" (really? Full Size?). Now there is one thing that sounds very different from GB (from the FAQ section):

"Recurrent BOXYCHARM memberships will start shipping on the 15th of each month. You will receive your BOXYCHARM in approximately 5-10 business days from the time it ships".
icon_lol.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the theory that their customer service (which used to be really bad, not sure how things are currently) drove away so many customers that they started throwing out the promo codes to get new people in. BUT in the process they ignored their loyal subbers -- and now a lot of people, like me, who were with them a long time are feeling like unsubbing and re-subbing is the best way to get great GB promos.

Totally agree, they need to recognize the people who actually keep their subs and who purchase long term ones.

I also think it's really shady that I commented earlier in a separate thread (Birchbox I think?) about how there were reviews/quotes from already existing customers, even though it hasn't even launched yet. However, that section has since changed and the quotes have been removed!

Edit: I meant to quote a previous post re: Boxycharm. This obviously isn't a comment about Glossybox!! Sorry for the mistake.

I have the theory that their customer service (which used to be really bad, not sure how things are currently) drove away so many customers that they started throwing out the promo codes to get new people in. BUT in the process they ignored their loyal subbers -- and now a lot of people, like me, who were with them a long time are feeling like unsubbing and re-subbing is the best way to get great GB promos. Totally agree, they need to recognize the people who actually keep their subs and who purchase long term ones.
Close. Even before January (which seemed to be Epic Meltdown Month and when I finally bailed), they were doing specials for new subs and nothing for existing subs. That is, this was going on even before people started dumping their subs.

Latest posts

Back