GlossyBox - May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the code and it didn't work already.  I keep wanting to try this box but I like to get a deal.  Every time I find a good coupon I enter it and it says invalid :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Make sure you use ebates too.. You get 2.75 cash back. I used code chic20 earlier to gift my mom a box so since i already sub to GB it was $15 - 20% - $2.75 so the box will cost me about $10!! Definitely worth it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I may have missed this but did anyone post the picture of the eyeliner and sharpener?

Oops, found the pics higher up on the thread.  I am still confused as to whether that is really coming in all our boxes or only in the boxes of "new" subscribers.  What a weird way to promote it.  
icon_question.gif

The lack of updates this month has me wary.. this box is already twice as much as ipsy and birchbox, who manage to ship on time and had AMAZING boxes this month. I haven't heard a peep from glossybox aside from them charging me for may. No real spoilers, no shipping estimates.. nada. For $21, I'm not sure I'm going to continue after May. They'd have to REALLY wow me.

Hi! I'm curious, has anyone ever used the coupon $75 off in purchasing the Le Meiter creme moisturizer that came in April 2013 box? I have an extra if anyone is interested? PM, please. I can't use it; it made my skin very drying and itchy :-(

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The lack of updates this month has me wary.. this box is already twice as much as ipsy and birchbox, who manage to ship on time and had AMAZING boxes this month. I haven't heard a peep from glossybox aside from them charging me for may. No real spoilers, no shipping estimates.. nada. For $21, I'm not sure I'm going to continue after May. They'd have to REALLY wow me.
I know. This is my first box and im surprised at how little spoliers they have given. I paid about 14$ total for my box since i used a coupon and did it through ebates. But if May doesn't wow me either I defiantly will cancel. I do not want to be wasting 21$ a month if theres a 10$ sub box that offers better!

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too (about being wary)!  Based on the past few months, if it is an amazing box, they show everything that is going to be in it ahead of time. At least they will show the main "WOW" items.. 

I'm going to remain optimistic about the May box! I hope we are all pleasantly surprised :)

On a side note, I have been using the ModelCo lip/cheek tint for the past week. I love the sheer hint of color when I put it on my cheeks and I build it up on my lips for more color (still sheer). I use a little makeup remover on my fingers when I'm done applying so I don't have tinted fingertips all day.

I purchased a three month subscription and I think this will be my last month. I have a lot of samples that I would like to work through and this is the easiest one to drop right now.

I just whittled down my subs to only Glossybox and Starlooks. GB is always solid for me, while BB and ipsy are more hit or miss.

You would think they would make a big deal about it being the anniversary box! I'm not super worried. I've only had one box I didn't like and that was the one with the nail stickers.

There are only two things I care about for this month's Glossybox. (1) I hope we don't get a year of left overs since it's the 1st anniversary and (2) I hope I actually get my box in May instead of June. 

The boxes are sometimes similar, but the UK boxes always seem a little better than what we get in the US (just my opinion).

Glossybox used to be amazing before they tried so hard to do all of these specialty boxes and this crazed obsession with getting more subscribers. Now my box has been late nearly 3 months in a row and I haven't been impressed after the January box.

So according to this, a video tutorial should give us a spoiler TODAY.. its 5/14 and I am getting impatient glossybox. My bb and ipsy arrived so its time to wonder whats in this box now :) (I think with my luck the item she is going to show is going to be the one they already told us about..sorry if this jinx's it!) 

This is my first month with Glossybox. When do they usually ship? All my other subs have shipped by now. Are they late, or is it just their schedule to send towards the end of the month?

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just whittled down my subs to only Glossybox and Starlooks. GB is always solid for me, while BB and ipsy are more hit or miss.

You would think they would make a big deal about it being the anniversary box! I'm not super worried. I've only had one box I didn't like and that was the one with the nail stickers.
Me too. I just went annual w/ gb and starlooks is my favorite. 

Latest posts

Back