Glossybox November 2013 (spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't remember getting eye shadows from GB.
I remember a couple boxes when Senna and Ofra eye shadows were sent out.

Do you remember when they were sent out? I subscribed December 2012.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL, I got that, too! I tried to use it a couple of times and then just tossed it...black liquid eyeshadow is not the easiest thing to use, apparently.
This made me laugh!  Are you serious, black liquid eyeliner in a lip gloss gloss package?  

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This made me laugh!  Are you serious, black liquid eyeliner in a lip gloss gloss package?  
Dead serious :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It came in a squeeze tube like a lip gloss.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do you remember when they were sent out? I subscribed December 2012.
June 2012 was the box with Ofra, July 2012 was the box with Senna trio, February 2013 we got DaVinci shimmery eye shadow pot.

Dead serious :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It came in a squeeze tube like a lip gloss.
That is what I was picturing in my mind, a squeeze tube.  What were they thinking when they designed the package.  Maybe they thought people would buy it just to point and laugh!  I shouldn't say that, I'm sure there at least a couple people out there who love it and think it is the greatest thing ever, and for them it is, and that's wonderful!  

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is what I was picturing in my mind, a squeeze tube.  What were they thinking when they designed the package.  Maybe they thought people would buy it just to point and laugh!  I shouldn't say that, I'm sure there at least a couple people out there who love it and think it is the greatest thing ever, and for them it is, and that's wonderful!  

It was something, that's for sure. And if it were a good base color, like a champagne or something I totally would have used it despite the strange packaging choice...but good lord...it was really pigmented, and it just looked like I painted my eyelids with paint or something...one of my few Glossybox total fails, actually. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But if any ladies out there DID figure out how to make it work for them, I want to learn their secrets!

Subbing for updates.

I've gotten almost every GB except September and I can remember the Modelco duo, the Ofra, and Senna eyeshadows.

I'm going to use the 20% off code, but it says first month is October... does that mean I would get the Byrdie box?

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes.
Hmm... worth it, do you think? I think the Fresh cream looks great but I'm not sure about everything else.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For 20% off and the cashback through ebates, I think so.
Thanks!

When do spoilers usually come out for the next month? I'm hoping that it'll be a good one. How are normal boxes compared to collab boxes?

IMO- Collab boxes are superior to normal months. The Brydie box was weak in comparison to the other Collab boxes - some monthly boxes are amazing though. GB use to be my fav- I was a subscriber since box 1 - I've skipped the past 3 boxes & Im not sorry that I have- been kinda boring lately.

I personally think the Byrdie box is definitely worth it. The mascara is awesome, as is the Fresh cream. That sample is a very, very good size. I really loved everything but the sheet mask. If I had gotten the exfoliating gel it would have been a homerun.

I would love a nice berry lipstick or stain... and a dark creme polish in dark brown, cranberry, or any gourd color, really.

Ooo... or what about some nice cuticle conditioning cream. Dry skin is almost here. *ahem* I mean winter. 

And I have stalked multiple websites for a good lip conditioner/scrub/mask... I'm waiting to see what glossy, ipsy and birchbox do before buying any. 

One thing I do love about glossybox is that they always put something in there that I've never seen or tried before. So I'm open to surprises. But I would love some fun new makeup. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lindzebra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hmm... worth it, do you think? I think the Fresh cream looks great but I'm not sure about everything else.
So worth it! I love the cream and lip salve.  I put the mask in my trade list.  The perfume is great!  And, I am selling my mascara on ebay for $10!  I am sure it is great mascara...but I just have so much mascara!

Back