Glossybox November 2013 (spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. They said Glossybox had cancelled the order therefore they subtracted the 5.50 they gave us. I didn't cancel anything and my order is still in the process. I don't know, to many negs. If you know what I mean.

Quote: Originally Posted by lindzebra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hasn't Ebates been taking away the rebate if you use a coupon code?
That's correct. Both Ebates and Glossybox confirmed that you can't use both - you either get a coupon or a rebate.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Didn't use a code! So this has nothing to do with it.
Now that is suspicious :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

mine was removed too - I was told it was because it wasn't the first sub that I had gotten at glossy - it apparently has to be the first time someone buys a sub now...

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's correct. Both Ebates and Glossybox confirmed that you can't use both - you either get a coupon or a rebate.

I used ebates last friday & got the holiday glossybox AND used a coupon for the 40% off.

ebates has the amount tallied from glossybox already and I didn't get charged more for the box. 

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice! Somehow I'm not surprised, since Glossybox is super inconsistent and love to contradict themselves a lot.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think now would be a good time to cash in my Glossydots  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Me too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am beginning to wonder if Glossybox is in trouble?? Canceling Ebates and putting the Gold box on sale and not giving any spoilers for Dec???just thinking. . . Maybe to hard. . .
I spoke too soon about my ebates

I received no email, but my glossy box rebates is gone now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How did you guys like the products you received in November? 

I actually really liked the oil. It seemed to tame my super frizzy hair. The smell wasn't great, though. 

I also really liked the eyeshadow and eyebrush.  

Haven't quite tried out the Jelly Pong Pong eyeliner and Aloe Polish yet. 

Quote: Originally Posted by subbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually really liked the oil. It seemed to tame my super frizzy hair. The smell wasn't great, though. 

I actually didn't get last month's box, but I did some trades for the eyeshadow brush and the jelly pong pong.  I used the liner today for the first time.  I applied it at 6 AM on top of a small amount of primer, but by lunch time, you wouldn't even know I was wearing liner.

Not sure if it's just a blah product or if there is some magic to setting liners that I'm not aware of (my gel liners seem to do just fine for all-day wear), but if there's something I'm missing on that subject, please let me know.  I really don't want this liner to be trash since it went on super smooth and was gorgeous when I first put it on.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here is the November German GB:
This is probably the worse box I have gotten from them. Also their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I wrote to them asking why I have received the blush since I had received it before they basically said it happens. Seems their American customer service is way better.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is the November German GB:

This is probably the worse box I have gotten from them. Also their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I wrote to them asking why I have received the blush since I had received it before they basically said it happens. Seems their American customer service is way better.

Yuck.  I'm always jealous of the boxes that are sent in Germany or the UK, but this one looks terrible.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually didn't get last month's box, but I did some trades for the eyeshadow brush and the jelly pong pong.  I used the liner today for the first time.  I applied it at 6 AM on top of a small amount of primer, but by lunch time, you wouldn't even know I was wearing liner.

Not sure if it's just a blah product or if there is some magic to setting liners that I'm not aware of (my gel liners seem to do just fine for all-day wear), but if there's something I'm missing on that subject, please let me know.  I really don't want this liner to be trash since it went on super smooth and was gorgeous when I first put it on.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My urban decay eye pencil from sephora has the complete opposite issue. It is almost impossible to take it all off, no matter how much eye makeup remover I use. I've finally settled for sleeping in on it after removing as much as I can, because my eyes look really nice and dark the  next day. 

Judging by this, the product might just not be good. Will let you know after I've tried it out. 

The Aloe Polish is really very nice!  Very pleased with it and like the ingredients - this may be something I have to buy!  

Quote: Originally Posted by dancersmum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Aloe Polish is really very nice!  Very pleased with it and like the ingredients - this may be something I have to buy!  

I loved it! It smells so good....citrusy...like grapefruit, maybe? I'd consider buying it, too!

My urban decay eye pencil from sephora has the complete opposite issue. It is almost impossible to take it all off, no matter how much eye makeup remover I use. I've finally settled for sleeping in on it after removing as much as I can, because my eyes look really nice and dark the  next day.  Judging by this, the product might just not be good. Will let you know after I've tried it out. 
Yeah, I have a UD 24/7 pencil that literally does just that... stays on 24/7. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm thinking the Jelly Pong Pong is just a bad product.

This was probably the most disappointing box I 've gotten.  I got a pinkish or purplish Jelly Pong Pong eyeliner...when I put it on, I looked like I had red-rimmed eyes or pinkeye.  Not a great effect ;/  The black eyeshadow spilled inside my box, and my box itself wasn't delivered until December 4.  (For a November box!)

I have a theory that those of us who are on the late delivery part of the list tend to get the leftovers.  Anyone else notice this?  I didn't get any of the high-end products.

The worst part though was dealing with Glossybox customer service.  They were totally useless and not very nice about my missing box and only helped when it finally arrived, damaged.   It's too bad, because I really like the items in the boxes, but the fact that they deliver so late and have terrible CS is really turning me off.

I'm gonna stick with it one more month but leaning towards canceling.

Back