Glossybox November 2013 (spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by SaraP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This glossybox board is only at 4 pages =( my other subs have tons of posts. They need to give us some spoilers and get people excited!!!! Waiting Impatiently

bringiton.gif

Agreed!  I look every month to see if the box is worth resubscribing  (no luck since Feb, but I always hope!).  The matte skin and "bedroom hair" product have me interested, but til I see more, You don't get my money, Glossybox!!  
eusa_naughty.gif

I have a question for people who unsubscribe and resubscribe repeatedly (well, 2 actually):

1) Do you lose your dots when you unsub or do they sit there waiting for you?

2) At what point in the month do you unsub? After the surveys are done or...?

Thanks!

You do NOT lose your points when you unsub. I was subbed for a full year, and now I"m cutting back so I'm only subbing when something in the box intrigues me. My dots are always there when I come back.

Quote: Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You do NOT lose your points when you unsub. I was subbed for a full year, and now I"m cutting back so I'm only subbing when something in the box intrigues me. My dots are always there when I come back.
I can go a little further on this and say that I actually took my October survey after I unsubscribed and still earned my dots and, even further, someone I know was actually in love with my October box and intrigued by the black shadow in a way I was not and I even earned the dots for referring her to Glossybox despite the fact that I was unsubscribed when I did so.  I think the difference is that, even though your subscription has been canceled, your account is still active.  If you were to call Glossybox and ask that your account be canceled, that might change...

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can go a little further on this and say that I actually took my October survey after I unsubscribed and still earned my dots and, even further, someone I know was actually in love with my October box and intrigued by the black shadow in a way I was not and I even earned the dots for referring her to Glossybox despite the fact that I was unsubscribed when I did so.  I think the difference is that, even though your subscription has been canceled, your account is still active.  If you were to call Glossybox and ask that your account be canceled, that might change...

Quote: Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info! I need to start doing this because I'll have 2 boxes I pretty much don't use anything from and then 1 that I really like that makes me rethink quitting.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, every country's box is a completely separate thing. Unfortunately...I'm always lusting over other country's boxes!
On a similar note, I never would have canceled my sub if we were getting the Emite eyeshadow in the color from UK edition (from the link) rather than black.  I'm neither the Black Dahlia nor Jack Skellington.

Edited to say that I'm not that sad though.  I am still having a love affair with my Net-A-Porter box and, frankly, the UK got the raw end of the deal on their NAP limited edition, so we probably go back and forth with the box envy.

I have a question for people who unsubscribe and resubscribe repeatedly (well, 2 actually): 1) Do you lose your dots when you unsub or do they sit there waiting for you? 2) At what point in the month do you unsub? After the surveys are done or...? Thanks!
I do it almost monthly, then I use ebates and try to find a promo code. I wait until I can see most of the items in the box and I've never lost my dots, in fact I got this box free. You do have to have an active subscription to use the dots. I wait until I have enough dots and then stay subscribed to use my dots the next month. Also if I really like a box I buy a gift box and use ebates makes it $12.75 can't beat that!

Quote: Originally Posted by SaraP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do it almost monthly, then I use ebates and try to find a promo code. I wait until I can see most of the items in the box and I've never lost my dots, in fact I got this box free. You do have to have an active subscription to use the dots. I wait until I have enough dots and then stay subscribed to use my dots the next month. Also if I really like a box I buy a gift box and use ebates makes it $12.75 can't beat that!
That's a really good point that I neglected to make.  Even if you cancel and, while cancelled, you manage to collect enough dots for a free box, you will have to pay for your first box when you come back and use the dots to pay for the next one.  It makes it a little rough, in that, if you don't like the following box, you're kinda stuck because they generally charge before all the spoilers are released, so you really WILL be getting a mystery box, albeit a free one.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That said, I have heard some people say that they have been able to, over the phone, use their dots to pay to restart their sub and others saying that they had no luck, so you CAN always wait until you have the dots and give it a shot, although I think it's hit or miss.

I think I'm going to wait to see spoilers before I subscribe again. I canceled because I don't really want black eye shadow.

more spoilers!!  I am not sure I want a black matte eyeshadow.  I like the UK's color - that would have been great as a highlighter. 

It is annoying how GlossyBox doesn't do more spoilers, I like how they showcase one single product but that isn't enough to circulate any type of buzz. I think that's where they are failing in their marketing attempts, if they allowed for some sort of discussion between subscribers it might peak the interest of those who are thinking of subscribing and thus they don't substantially grow their output. But hey, maybe they don't want to grow anymore because they have UK subscribers as well.

Another should be out this week if they follow their usual pattern. Just a related sidebar, the Emite eyeshadow is $27?! That has to be the converted price because I don't see it available for purchase on US sites and it's more expensive than Nars!

That's a really good point that I neglected to make.  Even if you cancel and, while cancelled, you manage to collect enough dots for a free box, you will have to pay for your first box when you come back and use the dots to pay for the next one.  It makes it a little rough, in that, if you don't like the following box, you're kinda stuck because they generally charge before all the spoilers are released, so you really WILL be getting a mystery box, albeit a free one.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That said, I have heard some people say that they have been able to, over the phone, use their dots to pay to restart their sub and others saying that they had no luck, so you CAN always wait until you have the dots and give it a shot, although I think it's hit or miss.

I was able to pay for the September box using my glossydots without paying for the box before and without calling them.  I just went to my account online and was able to reactivate my subscription with my glossydots.  Not sure if that was a fluke or what, but I had absolutely no problems using my dots.

I received my Net-A-Porter box on Friday and I'm enjoying it. I would never shell out that much on the Ellis Faas mascara or the KA eyeshadow duo, but excited to give them a try. Also, the NAP box came with a cute black drawstring bag with a black retractable tape measure (presumably if you want to order clothes in the future). For whatever reason, my box didn't include the rollerball perfume, but NAP customer service is sending one out to me. I <3 the Klorane dry shampoo. The only dud in the box is the hair gel, because I don't really use hair products besides shampoo/conditioner. The cuticle oil is on the thin side, but has a light cucumber fragrance which is nice. I'll give the NautraBisse a shot the next time I'm wearing sunscreen.

Honestly, the BEST thing about the NAP box was that they shipped with the quickness, and I had it in my grubby little mitts in a matter of days while waiting for my other boxes to post tracking info. 

I think Glossybox sells our information. I've been getting Byrdie emails and a few other brands that I know I did not sign up for.

Quote: Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was able to pay for the September box using my glossydots without paying for the box before and without calling them.  I just went to my account online and was able to reactivate my subscription with my glossydots.  Not sure if that was a fluke or what, but I had absolutely no problems using my dots.

That's awesome.  It wouldn't allow me to use my Glossydots on a box when I didn't have a current subscription.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I hope they maybe changed that.

That's awesome.  It wouldn't allow me to use my Glossydots on a box when I didn't have a current subscription.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I hope they maybe changed that.
Not sure when you tried.  As I said, I got the September box with my dots, so it was relatively recent.

Latest posts

Back